Adding Videos to your Product Pages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying be unique, & stay one step ahead of my competition

You're more than a few steps already, nice work. :)

This makes the customer feel more comfortable about what they are getting, even though it's not 100% proof of what the customer's recipient will receive, it's a lot better than the static images we have on our site. Well done, this is inspiring and like Cathy said, I'm jealous too!

Right now I am working on a video collection of people's reactions in the shop to build credibility.

Cathy:
http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/03/19/flip-video-wrong-wrong-wrong-and-then-so-so-right/

The Flip HD works better in low light... and light for us is everything.

Reactions: master J and CHR
Hi
I have been reading this interesting thread so then went away and did some searching on adding video to a web site.
Came across this site http://www.easywebvideo.com/ the site seems very slick and a bit of a hard sell but that may just be the way firms work in the states. I notice they also have a number of google ad listings on other domains linking back to the main site.
If the product is as stated it sounds good
Have any of you come across the firm or used the package

Kevin

Looking good guys.

I have had some luck with the videos with the product pages but its been a little time consuming.

But now that Adam started sharing his flip phone videos I started looking into it.

I just had the guys at eufloria farms send me a video showing them packaging our product last wedensday. When I saw how easy it was I made the decision to buy the HD flip Phone. Should be here on monday.

One word of advice. Be very careful about using the "Free edit tools" on you tube. Otherwise you maybe enabling some proflower and 800flower links on your website.

Let the flower video wars begin!!!

One word of advice. Be very careful about using the "Free edit tools" on you tube. Otherwise you maybe enabling some proflower and 800flower links on your website.

One way to get around it, if the video search on youtube isn't as important to you, put in others words instead of flowers and florist in your video description. Maybe use waterfalls and fairies. :)

I emailed the flip people about 6 months ago about one of those because of the project I am working on and they said they don't plan anything like that in the future. But now that they were bought out, who knows. :) That is why I asked, i thought you knew something I didn't.

Now I leave you with this Eric:

[youtube]MiuimDNlyuQ[/youtube]

That guy in the front row is Adam in 1986. lol

Reactions: master J
Reactions: master J and CHR
I added another video clip: http://www.lajollavillageflorist.com/cgi-bin/lajollaitem-dba.cgi/mvpolka

The item is a spin off of Teleflora's Polka Dots and Posies. This one is such a big hit that I thought I'd start creating them in all different colors.

I'm a bit concerned about the licensing of music on these clips. I need to do some research on royalty free music.

Looks good D, the only thing I would do is shorten the credits at the end, and show the flowers a little longer instead :)

Reactions: LJVF
Thanks everyone for all that information.:yourock::yourock::yourock:Everytime I log on I spend hours more that I intended and learn so much that my heads exploding with ideas .No wonder I find it hard getting to sleep at night .Cant wait to get started tomorrow .

The design is darling. :)

Suggest you use a fake/solid straw or some kid (or goofy adult) will actually try to sip from the vase.

Years ago, we had kids make 'ice cream sodas' using the powdered colored Oasis at a birthday party. They knew not to drink from the designs, but one of the girls took hers home and her little brother did! Got a frantic call from the parent about the toxicity, etc.... The boy was fine, but the scare made me resolve to never put a real straw in another arrangement.

Reactions: David and master J
We've had a really good response to the clips.

I like the clip. I had thought about the motorized lazy Suzie. I like the pan of your store sign. That works out for you. Did you make it with the flip video? If so how did you re size the words at the end. Reminds me of VH1 pop up videos.

I like the clip. I had thought about the motorized lazy Suzie. I like the pan of your store sign. That works out for you. Did you make it with the flip video? If so how did you re size the words at the end. Reminds me of VH1 pop up videos.

Yes I used the Flip Video. For editing I used Windows Movie Maker, which comes with XP and Vista. There are little more tools in movie maker than flip video. The annotations (pop-ups) are a YouTube feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.