Status
Not open for further replies.

master J

Jan 8, 2005
Havertown - Philadelphia
www.belvedereflowers.com
State / Prov
pa
Ok, Ryan showed me how to do this and it's very easy. I have been talking about having a video for selected products on my website, to give people more than just an image, this way they can get a view from all sides of the flower design.

Here is an example on an item I am featuring for Mother's Day 2009-

http://www.belvedereflowers.com/product_detail/556

This is neet - How is this done?

Short and Sweet!

What sort of video camera is used for this?

How do you get the video to YouTube?

Great on so many levels

Love the idea of the video -- this may be the ticket to solve quite a few potential problems with people being disappointed in the item they order. Think about it -- this clearly shows that the arrangement is made all around, and just how many of each type of flower are in the piece. Also, you can really get a good idea of the size -- especially once it was in your mom's hands. GREAT JOB!!! I bet you sell the heck out of these at M-day!!

Reactions: master J
Adam, I think you're gonna score big with these video clips of your items. This is a very interesting concept.

Eric S. is the KING of video - He has his own youtube section with three pages of videoclips from his store.....and has links on his website.

That's one thing I want to incorporate with the next shop I go to .

Absolutely awesome Rabbit..just awesome. I agree that this might be the answer to many questions as to "how will it look"...plus you can send it out to another florist...maybe not this bag, but something else and they could see how you want it done by being referred to your site. Great potential! You did good kiddo...
SHER

It is a great marketing tool......I know I am not the only one who would love to know how well this aids the selling of that item.

Keep us posted.

Yep pretty kewl there Master J!! (but I knew it was coming ;) )

What are you using for the video camera?

I think I'm going to get one of THESE today. They're cheep enough...it's waht Chad used for our vids...

Reactions: Morpheus
Yep pretty kewl there Master J!! (but I knew it was coming ;) )

What are you using for the video camera?

I think I'm going to get one of THESE today. They're cheep enough...it's waht Chad used for our vids...

thats exactly what I am using, the flip video, only $150-175, and well worth the investment-

also has built in software to blend and make movies, add music, add to youtube, email friends, very easy to use!

quality is not the best but convenience and quick easy use, makes up for that!

IMO, It's a must have for flower shops!

Reactions: Morpheus
Adam -

Any buzz on the difference between the lower priced model and the new HD version?
I use the flip mino, not the HD version, but I will let you know if I here anything, I would be willing to upgrade to a better HD model ;)

After all, it can't hurt to have a few of these flip videos around shop-
your drivers can also use them to show delivering funeral work to FH's since, sometimes, we get a call from customer claiming they didn't see flowers at funeral home...

we can then show quick video of delivery drivers placing in the funeral home with Belvedere tag & card message attached ;)

Of course, they could also take picture with camera phone but video would be even better -

We have gotten a few calls in the last month from customers who claimed they didnt see flowers at funeral and we know we delivered it! Sometimes Funeral directors put them in wrong room, duh!

PS- I am making a ton more product quick videos and will add to site tonight, and I willl post a link with more ideas when I finish it-

I am really excited about adding this feature to my website and eventually all items will have a quick video to view along with the image

Just trying be unique, & stay one step ahead of my competition ;)

Reactions: bloomz
Hidden page idea AdMan ;)

Let the drivers take vids of Mom receiving the flowers at the door...and send the customer the link...

Hidden page idea AdMan ;)

Let the drivers take vids of Mom receiving the flowers at the door...and send the customer the link...

Love it BOSS! Send the reaction on their face when they receive the flowers!!!:yourock:

There really is no end to what you can do with the flip video!

LOL, what if a guy in doghouse, sends flowers to his girlfriend, and she throws them back at driver! We can get that on video too LOL! Then send it to him and say sorry dude, she is pissed!lol

Reactions: Sher
LOL, what if a guy in doghouse, sends flowers to his girlfriend, and she throws them back at driver! We can get that on video too LOL! Then send it to him and say sorry dude, she is pissed!lol
And for $5000.00 we won't send it to your wife!

Ok Adam you inspired me, I took a stab at it.

I used a pocket digital camera to photograph the still image and also video the same arrangement. I used photoshop to remove the background and create a drop shadow. I used Movie Maker Pro to create the short clip.

This is a crude attempt, there is plenty of room for improvement. I should have done a 360 view like Adam. I plan to purchase a flip camera down the road.

Simply Sunflowers

Ok Adam you inspired me, I took a stab at it.

I used a pocket digital camera to photograph the still image and also video the same arrangement. I used photoshop to remove the background and create a drop shadow. I used Movie Maker Pro to create the short clip.

This is a crude attempt, there is plenty of room for improvement. I should have done a 360 view like Adam. I plan to purchase a flip camera down the road.

Simply Sunflowers

Looks great to me D! Like you said, we can only get better with time.:yourock:

PS- we need some SD sun on the east coast! My video clips are kind of dark and dreary....what a crappy rainy day we had today in the Philly area!

I am taking 2 days off thurs and friday and going to NYC with the family! I need a break from this non stop biz...we have a prom and 2 weddings but im trusting mom and my 2 girls to handle it :)

of course they will be texting me all day in NYC! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.