Status
Not open for further replies.

RWK

Jun 3, 2007
San Antonio
State / Prov
Texas
The first of many pictures are here.

In this grouping, some of the massive amounts of flowers in the workroom.

Of particular note - two types of hydranges.....one blueish bloom is as large as a dinnerplate and there is a gorgeous bi-color pink and green.

More to come as in a little while, we view the AES design results.

Attachments

• DSC00362.JPG
    DSC00362.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC00372.JPG
    DSC00372.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC00371.JPG
    DSC00371.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC00373.JPG
    DSC00373.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00376.JPG
    DSC00376.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 108
Oooh...take pics of the AES stuff if you can. I love to see it!

THANKS!

See y'all soon!

AES will be posted tomorrow morning or afternoon......takes a while to resize the pics so, they are a postable file size.

Thanks Rick! we want to see it ALL!

Trish

P.S. If you take people pics be sure and add names with left to right, etc. Please?? Thank you!

One more before I call it a night......This is a sculpture hanging in the main lobby.

It is a type of monofilament line and silver orbs forming a three dimensional double pyramid.

Attachments

• DSC00391.JPG
    DSC00391.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 100
Ricky - make sure 2yla gives you my greeting - K?

I wouldn't want her to chicken out.

I am in the process of uploading the pictures so far to my flickr set - I will post the link when through.

Quite a lot in this posting - then it is off to assist Els Tuennisen and the Accent Decor gang.

I was asked to judge part of the Student Competition this year. The level of work was outstanding.

My favorite part was the designs created for a napkin ring/holder. The creativity was superb.

Here is a small sampling - The first two images were composite flowers - the center flower was a mini-gerbera encircled by rose petals and then a single wax floewr blossom in the middle, and then two fantasy flowers created by takeing a spray rose calyx and glueing in gerbera petals to create a new look. The second image is a closeup of the big composite flower.

The other designs are all holding napkins......talk about some stunning accessories for the table.

Now, For those who are interested - ( Not all images are labled yet ) - Here is the link to the Flickr photo album that has all the images so far.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30333711@N07/sets/72157621295361004/

In the images - the blackened dots are where I hid the scores of the students.

Attachments

• DSC00439.JPG
    DSC00439.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00440.JPG
    DSC00440.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC00445.JPG
    DSC00445.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC00465.JPG
    DSC00465.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC00468.JPG
    DSC00468.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 91
THANKS!
Seeing these photos reminds me of why going to symposium is worth every penny!
Wish I was there...for the next few days, I will live vicariously through you.
Joanne

Thanks for sharing these Rick. Love the napkins rings and corsages/bouts. Some of the napkin rings would make great body art as well. Cute little bracelets. Will have to practice on Monday.

JB - Your sister greeted me very sweetly - and the greeting from you......Recieved.

-------------------------------------------

Now, I was asked to judge the napkin category of the student designs - and I will tell you - That was NOT an easy job. The workmanship and creativity were fabulous. Dov Kupfer and I both were raving about the talent expressed.

Decorating those napkins, talk about a fun way to bring extra dolars from that bride......imagine the amazement of the guests when they see how beautiful the setting looks.

Three pictures this time......then I will be adding more to the flickr link tommorrow

In addition to judging duties, I have been assisting Els Tuenissen and the crew with Accent Decor - in preparing for the Partners luncheon where we view all the new products from various suppliers.

The first picture is of Els and I - Els in in the pink
The second image is a huge glass vessel - back stem with a huge bowl - opening of the vase - I estimate a good ten inches across - filling the bowl is ONLY ONE LARGE HYDRANGEA BLOOM. Only one stem - the florigene carnations are nestled in the top of the design.

The third design shows a cute little design using the aluminum wire from Accent Decor.

Attachments

• Els and I.JPG
    Els and I.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Hydrangea vase.JPG
    Hydrangea vase.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Accent Decor arrangement.JPG
    Accent Decor arrangement.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 78
Meant to add these to another posting.

This was the most amazing technique - I was aboe to speak with the student and ask her to describe the technique.

In the pictures, You'll see what looks like a small and a large spun glass heart and a cascade of spun glass in the tall design.

It is hot glue gun glue. - She took and covered cardboard with aluminum foil......sprayed it liberally with an oil based leafshine......and created the pattern with the glue. After the glue cools.......because the foil is so slick, the pattern just comes right off cleanly.

Attachments

• DSC00476.JPG
    DSC00476.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC00481.JPG
    DSC00481.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.