Announcement AIFD 2009 - Pictures, Pictures, and Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by the presentation and the information given at symposium - I do not think you will be able to transfer a state accreditation to a national one.

I could be wrong on that, but my understanding would be a no.

The coordinator of the program is Mr. Bill McKinley AIFD. If anyone would know the answer for sure and the reasoning behind it, it would be him.

I'll upload the remainder of pictures later on this evening or tonight. I think there will end up being close too if not more than 400 images.

Going by the presentation and the information given at symposium - I do not think you will be able to transfer a state accreditation to a national one.

I could be wrong on that, but my understanding would be a no.

The coordinator of the program is Mr. Bill McKinley AIFD. If anyone would know the answer for sure and the reasoning behind it, it would be him.

I spoke to someone on the steering committee regarding this very thing. The states cannot be transferred, as every state has different criteria to meet their own set standards.

Here is why:
Some states have a written test only to be certified, some have design evaluations, some do not. Because the states do not have uniform guidelines to meet certification, it does not transfer. Some states are rigorous and thorough and some are not, so there is no level playing field, so to speak.

If states will align with CFD criteria, that will be a different thing entirely.

OK, now lets get back to those pictures!!!

Nice to meet you Ricky and thanks for your photographic diligence!

Thanks Jodi - The FlowerChat gathering at Skies and then the final night group shots were so much fun.

Meeting you was so much fun too.

FlowerChat at AIFD

Here are three pictures of Flowerchat members at AIFD in Kansas City.

In the first picture moving left to right - Friend of BJ Dyer AIFD, Twila, Sklepikova, Carol Bice, Jamese, BJ, and myself

In the second picture - Friend of BJ Dyer ( did not catch his name ), Twila, Beth, Carol, David and Leanne

In the third picture - David and Leanne, Myself, Lisa Greene, Fleurman, Cherrie, JDuncan, Twila, BJ Dyer, Carol, CHR, BJ's friend, Beth and in front - Caribbean DarkMan and Sklepikova.

Attachments

• DSC00840.JPG
    DSC00840.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC00841.JPG
    DSC00841.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00844.JPG
    DSC00844.JPG
    328.3 KB · Views: 56
Have a couple more pictures of FC members taken at Skies......will post those tomorrow.

Now, probably starting tomorrow...........I may TEMPORARILY take the Flickr photostream down.....just to streamline it, get everything categorized and labeled properly......so you can more readily know the context the pictures is for.

...........Also, Keep me in your thoughts, prayers, meditations for good luck.....hopefully, I should hear about a job this coming Monday..........

Rick, could the friend of BJ's possibly be Ian Prosser? Sure looks like him, I think he recently relocated to Florida.

Thanks for the pics, everyone looks so nice and fancied up, hope you guys had a good time, can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

Good luck on your job hunt!

Trish

I don't think it was Ian - Ian has a fairly strong accent and this gentleman didn't.

Reactions: 1 person
I listened to Ian give a presentation at a conference a year ago and don't remember any accent, also talked to him in person.

Trish

Ok - I only heard Ian speak at one of the symposiums when He did a combination Scottish heritage/Christmas Program.

If anyone ( BJ ???? Help ??) knows or can identify the gentleman.....that would be nice.

Reactions: 1 person
FYI - I have TEMPORARILY taken down the Flickr photostream in order to refine and categorize the images - I anticipate the pictures being back up later on today or tommorrow.

I'll post the new link then.

thx for sharing!
those pink-green hydrangeas(pic#2) are nice! What variety is that?

btw - the pink/green bi-color hydranges are from a farm called Hyper!Active farms - they are a specialty hydrangea grower.

The variety is called AMETHYST.

The farm's e-mail is hyperactive(NOSPAM)@att(NoSPAM).net

remove the nospams

Reactions: makescents
I listened to Ian give a presentation at a conference a year ago and don't remember any accent, also talked to him in person.

Trish

It's not Ian... This is Ian..

Attachments

• ianprofile.jpg
    ianprofile.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 1
Ok - The Flickr photostream is in the process of going back up. All the photos resized, categorized, and all issues resolved in order to present a nice progression. New Link to follow soon.

It's another nice man by the name of Ian.
Ian ??

Thank You Cherrie. - Much Appreciated. - Cannot recall - Was he an AIFD member?

Still have a ton of labeling and text to add to the pictures - but the Flickr photostream is back up.

Here is the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30333711@N07/sets/72157621471636869/

There is 600 plus pictures in the photostream.

They are all watermarked Ricky King AIFD - so that the D'OG's cannot 'liberate' them for their usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.