Bloomlink Florist Appreciation Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what you are looking for:

1. A way to send outgoing wires conveniently. If this is your primary goal you can make your decision based largely on the cost of membership (lower is better) with some consideration of rebate revenue (bigger is better).

2. A source of incoming orders. If you want more incoming orders then BloomNet will almost certainly be your best bet of the three you mentioned although the fixed monthly fees will probably be higher as well.

Counting on incoming wires to get you through a tough stretch is dangerous - there are lots of posts on this topic in other areas.

Good luck.

Yes, I am more interested in incoming orders
Thank you for your help:beer

Please be very, very careful.....and don't get caught "thinking" that incoming orders are ANY kind of "solution".......
If you search through FlowerChat, you'll find a ton of examples on how you wind up getting paid, for sometimes LESS than 50 cents on the dollar, once you factor in all the expenses of belonging!!
Call me if you need.....

Yes, I am more interested in incoming orders
Thank you for your help:beer

this could backfire on you......what if you get tons of orders from them???

you would be laying out a lot of money for flowers, labor and delivery......only to wait 45 days to get your discounted check.........of course minus all the fees and dues

I have to agree with what Excep is saying. With the cut back on my local paying customers. It is taking every dime to take care of my corporate and ws and god knows when I'll see the money for either...This is really no time to take on additional wait for money...I am kind of glad that they aren't sending as many orders as they were...

Times are tight for all...and when you are new sometimes they flood you with orders to get you hooked in, although I am not too sure there are that many to flood anyone with especially with all the new recruits..

Good luck in your decision..It is one only you can make...

And I also hate to break it to you, but if you approached almost any of your vendors, most would be more than happy to give you 20% off your purchases. Their business is going into the dumps, just like every other business.

Think about it.

Well I'm sure it is very true that lot's of vendors would give you a discount if you asked. But I don't think many vendors will take the time to drive to your shop and gladly hand you the discount card without you having to ask.

This was an honest effort to get out to BloomNet members and show some appreciation to them for being such an important part of the business. It's too bad that such mistrust has crept into the business and taken away the benefit of such personal communication.

It's too bad that such mistrust has crept into the business and taken away the benefit of such personal communication.

Scott, no truer words have been spoken...Florists "used" to be amongst THE MOST trusting of "partners" until the "profit" disappeared, or was "conveniently" misappropriated!

Reactions: Rhonda and CHR
It's too bad that such mistrust has crept into the business and taken away the benefit of such personal communication.
Scott, thanks for having the gut's to speak out here in the community. While there are many wire service representatives who are members, rarely do they step up to the plate and speak.

I agree with your comments about giving something back to the members, it's something that should have been done a long time ago, not your fault.

As to your quote above... I could write a book on this one, and in fact may finish it someday... I do not know how long you have been in "the game" but know this, the "mistrust" was fostered and grown by the wire services themselves. Most notably FTD, and to a lessor extent by Teleflora.

800Flowers has not been around long enough as a wire service to contribute much to the mistrust, except by the fact that they market items that are not profitable in most shops across the country. Take the latest ad, with Jim and his daughter... at $39.99 the centerpiece is a break even, but then she adds hybrid lilies and roses and then uses the word "FREE UPGRADE" for the same price...and you want us to trust you?

The wires pitted florist against florist, and community against community. Do you really need 5 members in a 40K population city? most likely not, but by diluting the volume you make it so none of the shops can control enough of the orders to fill them profitably.

Likewise, harboring deceptive order gatherers, and in fact helping them to deceive the consumer by cloaking and transmitting their orders does nothing to instill confidence on the parts of retail florists.

Sorry for the rant...like I said, I could write a book....

Thanks again for speaking up, and in case I missed it...welcome to the community....hope you have thick skin ;)

800flowers

Likewise, harboring deceptive order gatherers, and in fact helping them to deceive the consumer by cloaking and transmitting their orders does nothing to instill confidence on the parts of retail florists.

Which brings me to ask the question: Why is 1-800 allowed to be a member of TF when they have their own "wire service"? Or any other Order Gatherers for that matter? I know, I know, they generate A LOT of income for the WS...sad.

Does anyone know the REAL reason FTD dropped 1-800???

Which brings me to ask the question: Why is 1-800 allowed to be a member of TF when they have their own "wire service"? Or any other Order Gatherers for that matter? I know, I know, they generate A LOT of income for the WS...sad.

Does anyone know the REAL reason FTD dropped 1-800???

Back in the day ( in the 90's) before 800 flowers is what it is today, they sent their orders through Teleflora. I don't remember them sending FTD but that was a long time ago!

Once they were able to grow their own network, they no longer needed TF as much and created their own.

They don't have florists everywhere, so they need to piggy back on another to get their orders out. TF makes money being a go between so why would they kick them out?

Status
Not open for further replies.