"Bloomz is a legend on FlowerChat!" ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all want to be here !
We all want to learn and succeed !

But yet we all tend to forget to make a little bit of time to acknowledge those that expect nothing for their hard work, for all of us !

IMHO, we are here because of them !

Cathy,
I thank you, for helping me, to become a better person, florist and manager/owner, and for giving me the added insight to make creative and intelligent decisions beyond the realm of my norm. Your dedication to this industry is noticed, and respected, each and every day.

:redface2: Kevin -

Thanks! But - seriously - I wasn't begging for compliments. Just wanted to inject a little food for thought into the whole rep thing.

It seems my earlier post today was overlooked so I'll repeat it again:
The early years of this board, IIRC, members rarely, rarely used rep dots. For many florists, FC is their first (and perhaps only) experience in a forum. More than a few struggled just to register and figure out how to post. The rep concept? fuggedaboutit!

The increased use of rep dots of late doesn't take into account some of the long-timers with high posts counts who have contributed immensely to the success of this board.

Some of them keep everything moving along socially - with kind words to unanswered posts, active engagement in the intro threads (which takes a lot of time and helps build our community) and other contributions that don't generally generate approving rep points.

Others may not be as active in the last few months, but IMO their reps should reflect weight for everything they've done to get the board to where it is today. So, IMO a weight for length of time and number of posts here makes absolute sense.

Cathy

I know !

Just felt compelled to be me, and acknowledge who and what you are to many of us.
Quite honestly, a day doesn't pass, in this shop, when you, or Phil aren't mentioned at some point.
You share that with some wonderful credits to this industry, and lately, that means a lot here.
And, it should never be overlooked, IMHO !

So again, I respectfully, and unconditionally thank you !

Afterall, it doesn't really matter how long a person has been here...what matters is the value of contributing commentary made by an individual poster, irregardless of their tenure. No?

Its the quality of the comment that does. wouldn't you agree?

I never questioned the adjustment to the rep power formula until Joe brought up some interesting points. Why should the number of posts have any bearing on a persons reputation? It seems to me that the quality of the post, the helpfulness of the post, the enjoyment one experiences from the post is what matters. I think a members length of tenure or post count here automatically plays a large factor, why should there be added weight? Just by contributing over time, a member has had more chances at building reputation than a newbie.

Fore MEE, the green dots are meaningless. For some, it might be an ego trip while for others, it might be a goal which they aspire to.

The only thing, which really counts in today's REAL FLORIST WORLD is the GREEN BUCKS in their till, not the green dots on FC.

But this is also a message board and the reputation system helps to keep things civil. Unlike other forum hosts such as EZ-Board and RPG, I think vbulletin has a great thing going with the reputation system. It really helps keep things in check.

The green dots play an even more significant role here at FlowerChat in that they carry weight in voting who gets to be a part of this community and who doesn't. So TOTO, the green dots aren't meaningless to many of us and yes we still want the green bucks just like you! :thumbsup

Oh yeah, how come bloomz and CHR couldn't keep their legendary status? I think we can all agree they're legends here. :)

Well heck, that just goes without saying,
...........and so many more, young, and old, new and old members !

I have been here for 2 1/2 years.

Wilhelm Demming, E.J. Mioux, J.W. Mioux, Florists
Business Name: Mioux Florist & Greenhouses
City: Carlyle
State / Prov: Illinois

Joe, put down the wine :drunk:

:blowkiss:

FTR, I hand out rep points when someone's post makes me laugh out loud at the computer, when someone says something I wish I had the ba**s to say, when I agree heartily with someone & don't feel the need to post "yeah, me too!", & when someone is really helpful with quality advice. I like the dot system, and never really put much thought into the how-to behind it.

I like the idea of skull size counting for something, cuz I have a big fat head :>

Reactions: 1 person
Wilhelm Demming, E.J. Mioux, J.W. Mioux, Florists
Business Name: Mioux Florist & Greenhouses
City: Carlyle
State / Prov: Illinois

Joe, put down the wine :drunk:

:blowkiss:

FTR, I hand out rep points when someone's post makes me laugh out loud at the computer, when someone says something I wish I had the ba**s to say, when I agree heartily with someone & don't feel the need to post "yeah, me too!", & when someone is really helpful with quality advice. I like the dot system, and never really put much thought into the how-to behind it.

I like the idea of skull size counting for something, cuz I have a big fat head
:>

ROTFLMAO!!! If I could green you again I would! Because your criteria generally matches mine. :)

V

On the days when all the kids in the neighborhood were squabbling, and rules/directions had to be repeated over and over, and everyone was in a tizzy, my dad would often say he just should have raised chickens. This back and forth reminds me of that, and Ryan may just feel he should have raised chickens, 'cause at least they don't talk back. ;)
Just wanted to say I appreciate you Ryan, and all your FC endeavors.

Bloomz was off our scale ... so we had to readjust the scale :)

After all, if we don't give him something to shoot for he might get bored.

Ryan

Are you saying I'm fat?

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.