Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Biker Florist

Jan 12, 2003
Hazel Park
www.daisypetal.com
State / Prov
Michigan
So many people find us from our website which is done by FTD and they give me the NAME of a bouquet but, they failed to look at the NUMBER. I have no idea what they are looking at without spending a lot of extra time going on the Internet and looking at what they are looking at to find the number, blah blah blah. Why doesn't FTD put the names in the selection guide now like they are on the Internet since they started the whole "bouquet name" thing. I guess it would still not help find it in the selection guide any faster even if you have the name since it is in numerical order now that I think of it.

Well, another side of this same gripe. I receive way too many TF orders with bouquet names in the first choice field. I have no idea where these names come from. I questioned one order at Christmas that had two items on one order. Second item was named, "Tasty Treats". This sounded an alarm. I asked what this was and they sent back that it is a fruit basket with goodies. How in the world do they expect me to just KNOW that. Where has all the common sense gone?

I suspect lots of the problems I see in the first choice description field are computer programmed to say such and such. But a computer is programmed by a human, right? Common sense once again is called for.

We do everything manually, by hand, the long way, personally, get the picture? I add many personal and uplifting comments in "special instructions" and I mistakenly assumed in the past many years that a warm hearted human would be reading my ENTIRE order and taking as good care of it as I do of theirs. I since then fell into the real world.

I am still dumfounded when I get a first description that says such things as:
bouquet
spray
basket
etc.

Bouquet, spray, and basket have as many meanings as there are flower shops in the world pretty much.

Same as the word nice: Now you tell me what nice means to you. I ask every customer that uses the word nice to describe what they mean by nice until I have a definite grasp what they really expect and envision. This has saved many potential problems.

Any comments?

:cool:

Lady Biker, your post is full of VERY GOOD examples of florists who are NOT lunatic fringers; they live in a fish bowl, like FTD and TF, and assume (we know what that means!) that you have some kind of psyhic connection until you send something other than what their little mind perceived and then they're on the phone screaming at you for being so stupid as to not knowing what they meant!!
ROCK ON........
PS I'm not psychic either:) , "Assume" means "make an A** of U and ME"...........
PSS Even worse are the ones who send you an order for a FTD C1 for their cash and carry price of 63.98 (Can$) including delivery instead of the SRP of approx $73.00 including del and chastize you for daring not to fill their order so they can look good to their internet customer.

Patty,

I think the best option for FTD would be to fire the poor soul who comes up with the ridiculous names for their arrangements.

It also bears mentioning that with Daisy and the Dove system, we can put the letter code for a codified item at the beginning of the item description, and Daisy extends it to Teleflora Product X: <description> and Dove will make sure the order is routed to someone codified for the item. I can't stress how helpful that is at holiday time. No misunderstandings, and no "We're not coded for that" messages.

As for the florists you described above ... this would be the ONE AND ONLY time I agree with Darwin - natural selection will get them ;)

Ryan
Creationist, with proof!

Yea, that's nice but it caused us three serious problems over Christmas, Ryan.

People get so use to just typing in that nice option that they forget to mention things like the sender spent $10 extra for more roses.... and we have two florists that drive us crazy with this sort of thing.

Audra

Originally posted by Audra
Yea, that's nice but it caused us three serious problems over Christmas, Ryan.

People get so use to just typing in that nice option that they forget to mention things like the sender spent $10 extra for more roses.... and we have two florists that drive us crazy with this sort of thing.

Audra

Those are the ones we've been saying are the problem. All the nice tech in the world can't make a dumb florist smart.

Patty,
I think FTD had a section in the back of their book with the name of the arr to correspond to a order number. It's is so simple to just say T-11-3 or C12-234 in description than THe I love Luc Bouquet.
We all now we have diferent meaning for bouquet, arr etc. If they want something very specific they should spell it out.
Keep it simple stupid...KISS
Luc

I've found that the FTD CDs they send can be a godsend. I use that FTD Flower Selection System program to look up the item - it gives me the option to look us by name or number - and the option to save graphic image so I can print them out and attach for designers. A lot less cumbersome than having the selection guide on your workbench. Katrina and Shirley both prefer to work with the images.

Audra

The "FTD Suggested Prices" list that came with the Selection Guide has an alphabetical list as well as a numerical list. The Guide and workbook both have numerical lists in the back.
If you've misplaced the price list I can fax the alpha list to you.
Tom

Right they need to have easy numbers, but those "dumb names" SELL - people like a "romantic" flowery name, IMHO, and they save ME from having to come up with the corny names!;)

Originally posted by bloomz
Right they need to have easy numbers, but those "dumb names" SELL - people like a "romantic" flowery name, IMHO, and they save ME from having to come up with the corny names!;)

Yep........NAMES sell!!!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.