budget designer florals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, As bad as it pains me to say this......I have seen worse.

While we all think are really bad, I certainly have seen worse put out by shops across the country that profess to be professional designers.

That person could never work for me, but, they certainly could be working in an average flower shop or in a shop that you just transferred an order to.

Carol Bice

what the h**l did I just look at........were these really done by a professional designer...no wonder the public doesn't always trust people in our profession.
AHHHHHHHHH! but there are many people here who feel real designers are a dying breed and cookie cutters are the way to go.Let's not laugh as she may be turning a bigger profit than some of us here.

But Brad, those der "cookies" be lookin' gnarly.

I'll probably take some bullets for saying this, but I really can't fault someone with an idea and a dream to make an honest living in a free market society.

Well I hate to say this, and it kills me in a bad way, since I just got back from a long traveled day,

Recently , I had meet with a bride to be and parents, they didn't h have alot of money, So I told them to tell me how much they had to spend, well they had 1500.00 total for the flowers, and her is what they need, it was like 2 bridesmaids, 1 toss hers, also 4 bouts, 2 corsage, and 6 cpc, ok she just wanted some pinks and greens It was our choice of flowers, just no carnations, because they reminded her of funerals, So I told her what we could do, and was going to include some votives, as well, So a week goes by, then the girl told me she saw the person above advertising on craigs list, and she could do all of the above, plus a canopy, as well as an archway coming in the door for the announcements, so, I am thinking in my head, ok we own all of that, stuff as well, but the thing was they were going to incrust it will all natural flowers, as well as urns at the bottom, So I told her, it is best to do what she needed to do for herself, So then on the day of the said wedding, I also had one down the street from, it , so just for ya know, nosy, I went to look, at it, heavens, it was a darn hot mess, and when I thought about it, was so darn sad looking it killed me, but those carns were all over the place, it was so darn tacky, But then I thought oh well so it is what it is, So I am back at my wedding that I was doing, this bride calls, my shop leaves a message that she needs some help, well the darn things fell over, and she couldn't get hold of the shop that did the install, So what do I do,,,,I have the girls tell" There is not much we can do with it , because we didn't do it, So I am one that thinks everyone deserves the day of there dreamsl So the site ends up fixing it ,So the bride tells them she is so happy about everything on her day it was the best day of her life, Well, I thought it doesn't matter what you do , the customer is happy, if they are planning a day then forget about it, and if that of a lifetime, then they are happy, The thing is, She spent with this shop, the amount of 795.00 and, with the travel it was 50.00 So I figured with the time to get to and from the place it was another say 100.00 for gas just to get from where she is to where it was an back, I have been seeing her adds all over the place, and So she is a go getter , I do give her that, and I have seen a heavens lots worse, So sad but true, and, the moral of the story, it just goes to show, It doesn't matter what ya do, it is what you are willing to do, that matters...

Reactions: 1 person
Personally....I think the name "Budget Designer Florist" says it all!!!!
Its kinda like shopping at " Used & Abused Gucci & Prada Designer Clothes" ....it just doesn't make sense...Budget and Designer just don't go together and the people that called their shop that are a little scary to begin with...or maybe thats just me???:dunno:

But Brad, those der "cookies" be lookin' gnarly.

I'll probably take some bullets for saying this, but I really can't fault someone with an idea and a dream to make an honest living in a free market society.
Yes I am there with your on that one.. and the flowers looked fresh

The arrangements are rather poor, and I have seen worse. These things, in the name of design, make me a bit ill. Even the bows are sad. One good thing to be said for her is that she certainly believes in herself. Her work is a classic example of what you can get if you're only interested in price. IMHO

Her work is a classic example of what you can get if you're only interested in price.

I think that there are some people that will be drawn to this because of the price.... "Costco flowers shoppers, grocery store shoppers" A lot of them just don't have good taste. ... There just happens to be a market for everything - Well designed or not..

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" I think we are just having a hard time seeing the beauty.
These are definately an example of poorly designed funeral piece!

Calla Lily and Rose Wedding Packages qualify for our shipment program. Please email us to find out how you can get pre-made bouquets, bouts and corsages sent to your door anywhere in the US.

Wholesale Wedding Flowers | Bulk Flowers | Wholesale Roses | Bridal Bouquets | Orchids | Roses | Calla Lilies | Calla Lily Bouquet | Stephanotis Bouquets | Carnations | Cymbidium | Dendrobium Orchids | Funeral Flowers | Casket Sprays | Sympathy Arrangements | Dozen Roses | Fresh Cut Flowers

This was what I found interesting...I have been in this biz for 20 years and I don't ship..haven't a clue as to how or the interest in doing it either but you have to give her credit. And as Carol said...I have seen worse designs from so called "big shops" than what she is showing..
I wonder what her connection to Calif is? Darn long drive. lol
Too bad she was huffy and puffy here..
Sher

Too bad she used a driveway as a backdrop to her photos.... too bad about a lot of things about her.

I don't know how successful her site will be as I have been learning about keywords and the like with google.

V

Her funeral prices, I thought were a bit steep for the kinds of flowers she was using and the apparent age of the flowers in the pictures...Everything in wide open a deluxe double casket cover with lilies, roses, poms and dendros was 250.00 it was mostley poms...that would not fly here for that kind of price.....the designs are bad but not horrific, I have seen worse right here in my own funeral homes by some florists with pretty good clientele...It is too bad she was huffy, its also too bad she thought she knew everything...

Now, I wish I had a picture to show you, but this is no joke......There is a florist in my area that does the most precision casket sprays you have ever seen. I have no clue how they do this, but the flowers, foliages, ribbons, all fit neatly inside a rectangle.

THe foliage base has 4 straight sides......ruler straight.
The flowers come up from the base in an almost perfect rectangle.

You could almost use a carpenters level across the top of the spray, it is so level.

Several designers I have worked with and the people at the funeral home are always amazed at how geometric precise these sprays are.

Huffy and Puffy, I say down right Potty Mouth was the way she was. Her work is sad though. Some of the people in my town would have liked that because it is so full of flowers. They don't care about design or nice flowers, just packed full.

Status
Not open for further replies.