Cancelling FTD

First thing... don't believe anything they tell you, secondly, do not accept a reduced fee "trial membership"...

Send a certified letter, with return receipt, followed by emails to your rep and the membership department.

You'll want to do this ASAP, like today... to be sure they receive it prior to the cut off for the next directory... if you miss the cut off date you'll be stuck for another 3 months...

I assume, you do not have their Point of Sale system, and no card ad's in the directory...

What Mark said. Yeah for you!!! You can get the desired funeral work... Make freinds with the retirement community. Make freinds with you local FD. and he will refer business when their customers do not want their package. Mine does :)

You will be happy when you get that FTD Monkey off your back!

If your mind is made up (congratulations), don't take no for an answer, and do NOT waver......certified letter, must be signed for at the other end, send a mercmessage, send an email to your FSR AND the regional manager, and lastly, do it again, the next day!...YOU set the date, by which you will NO LONGER participate in any order transfers, on that date, shut down your merc, call merc support, tell THEM you've pulled the plug, and no longer wish to be notified of any incoming!!
They have been "known" to "flood" your incoming, to help change your mind!

I'm in the middle of this too.
I have sent my letters and my general messages and let them know i'm done as of feb 1st. I have called to confirm they got it and they have told me someone will be in touch shortly about it. (that was send dec 19th. ) Not sure how long shortly is suppose to take to me it should have been with in the week.
I will have to pay out the ad until the end of april but I will be refusing all orders. AND I called the merc dept and told them to cancel my merc service as of Feb first.
In fact I had trouble with my merc on tues and wed and got fed up with the lack of help from the tech desk and removed it from my computer wed afternoon.
I see my field rep called yesterday while i was off. I have emailed him back again.
AND I just refused at the post office the new directory they tried to send me. so that should be an interesting FEB bill!

I got so annoyed I tried to send a gen to the executive suite but it keeps bouncing back!

look on page 52 in the directory it tells you how to voluntary termination letters have to be done.

well they tell me i have to be a member of it until the last day of april because i'm in the book.
but i told them i have shut down the merc and i will be refusing orders.

if my rep would do his job and contact me maybe I could get some clear answers.

I told them in my letter i would pay the ads until april but nothing else. we'll see what happens.

Let me make something clear.

You. Don't. Ever. HAVE. To. Participate.

They are not your boss, they do not own your shop. They can go pound sand.

Make sure you keep all of the e-mails and letters for a clear paper trail on when and what you have done.

Avant Garde Florist - You have to pay membership fees and any ads you have in the CURRENT directory. It will become a never-ending nightmarish merry-go-round if you don't get your letter in before the dead-line of the next directory, which will be long before April 30th. If you get published in the next directory, you are on the hook for another quarter.

But you can stop participating any time you wish.

Reactions: AvantGardeFlorist
So you can set the date as to when you will be stop recieveing orders, even if it is before April 30th... They said that was the last day of the billing period and I had to participate until then.
I already said don't believe anything they tell you... but, yes, you will still be a member until that point, but you do not have to leep the Mercury on, you don;t have to send, nor accept any incoming orders...

Control your own destiny...

Reactions: anytimeflowers
They offered me a no membership if i didn't get 10 orders a month. I refused it.

Interestingly the bill is normally do for the 25th of the month for them and I have yet to see Jan bill. AND i have fired off 2 emails to my rep asking where my bill is.

They also offered that if I don't receive 10 orders a month they would credit me $100....

They offered me a no membership if i didn't get 10 orders a month.
Good for you guys... stand your ground...

If there are other members in your cities, and you do stay, they would probably make sure you got the 10 orders by redirecting them...

They offered me a no membership if i didn't get 10 orders a month. I refused it.

Interestingly the bill is normally do for the 25th of the month for them and I have yet to see Jan bill. AND i have fired off 2 emails to my rep asking where my bill is.

same here!!

I called FTD they mailed my statement no ideas why I don't have it. YES they can re mail it
had them make a note that I had contacted my rep by email about this twice with no reply.
Then they showed me how to look at it on line. and told me IT IS STILL DUE TOMORROW. offered to wave the fee for paying with my credit card on line.. umm nooooo.

I'll drop the cheque in the mail tonight.