Cancelling FTD

The thing I don't understand is how the other shop in town can operate with FTD, Teleflora & Bloomnet, and I am have trouble with just 2 wire services. I just don't understand how FTD can try to negotiate my membership status, when before I cancelled my membership they wouldn't do anything for me about all the fees. It seems like the longer that you are with their company the more fees you get charged, It is INSANE!!!

The thing I don't understand is how the other shop in town can operate with FTD, Teleflora & Bloomnet, and I am have trouble with just 2 wire services.
Maybe they're not... maybe it's just a money shuffle... there are those, I call them *Filler Fools* that move a lot of product, make a bunch of deliveries, yet are willing to give up the 37% or more and be happy. Look at your numbers, remove any wire biz, would you be better off? Many shops would be. Yes the volume (gross) would be lower, but the money you keep (Net) will be more, on less work and stress.

I just don't understand how FTD can try to negotiate my membership status, when before I cancelled my membership they wouldn't do anything for me about all the fees. It seems like the longer that you are with their company the more fees you get charged,
They're "Big Brother" they can and will do anything they want, whenever they want. There are different rules for different folks...

It is INSANE!!!
Yup...sure is...

When we quit, they owed us money. They said we would have to wait 3 months to get it because if anything popped up they would have our money to cover it. 3 months! If we had owed them money would hey have waited 3 months?

still waiting.

The thing I don't understand is how the other shop in town can operate with FTD, Teleflora & Bloomnet, and I am have trouble with just 2 wire services.
There isn't really a good explanation why shops continue to maintain the multiple wire service system in their shops. I know that some shops believe that having the volume generated during slow times, even at a marginal profit (hopefully not at a loss) keeps them flush with employees to get them through the busy times.

Not to hijack the thread, but on an aside: This outdated business model isn't sustainable any longer with our profits being slowly whittled away at from all sources. It seems to be easier and easier to find freelancers for busy times, basically due to the decrease in the number of shops. One way that we can benefit from the downturn in overall sales in the market.

If there are other members in your cities, and you do stay, they would probably make sure you got the 10 orders by redirecting them...
There lies the issue. In a market with a limited number of orders coming in, they are often cannibalizing their existing members to gain new members or keep old ones. We have approximately 20 FTD and 20 TF members (used to be around 26 and 26) in this ringed city who all deliver city wide. I don't see the point of joining that debacle, especially when I KNOW that they control and manipulate where the orders go.

The model is a big part of why I would never want to be a part of any of it from any of them.