Status
Not open for further replies.

Audra

Nov 6, 2002
Sault Ste. Marie
www.mannflorist.com
State / Prov
Ontario
This keeps up and I'm going to be dubbed Queen of Questions...

How much do you charge for Xmas centerpieces? Starting price for a standard xmas greens, carns and mums/daisies.

We start at $40 (remember, we're in canada, folks).

The reason I ask - a local shop is advertising Xmas centerpieces at $25 with an additional %25 off which just boggles my mind.

Audra:eek:

Sure, could do 'em for 25 (bought blanks/pre greened) but I WON;T...

37.50 and up, 55.00 avg US

We do some, where its just a plant saucer, with pine, 1 candle, red velvet bows, and a FEW pomps, for 20, but thats only for groups, and quantity must be over 25 peices...

I have the drivers and stock guy do 'em...

HTG !

We start with greens loops mm balls etc. We can do for $20 just greens & deco but prefer $25. 1 candle, standard round design bowl, w. poms (2 st) red minis (2 st) we can usually do for $25 if the bunches are good. If not, we have to move to $30. I won't send out a centerpiece with only 3 poms and 3 minis in it. Remember we don't pay very much for our balsam, pine, or native cedar. If I had to purchase my greens through wholesalers, I would have to start at probably $35.
But get this one, my "competition" in town (former VNS now FTD) advertised this week (had a pic in local paper) $7.99 candle centerpiece. It had one 10 - 12 " candle, greened leather leaf, round design bowl, 2 carnations and 2 stems of poms.
Even the picture looked sad. And it was round NOT centerpiece. Hope she sold a bunch cause she couldn't have made enough money to pay the help with those.
She will do the same for Christmas (has for 3 years) and also for Easter and Mother's Day.

Venterpiece starts at $30.00 here with no candles $5.00 extra for candle. A $30.00 centerpiece is done in a cheap plastic container that cost me .50 cents.
Thyey will get mini carns and poms for that price and some xmas balls. with christmas greens
the higher the price the biger it gets and containers changes also for anicer one.
Luc

pooh, still a junior member :mad:
gonna get there soon........

our arrangements start at $40....with candle $45 and candle and globe $60....long and low centrepieces start at $50....wow rhonda $7.99 i charge that for just foaming up the container....that is tough goin.....and you can only imagine how long the leather lasts in that one.....i charge $2.50 for the poms and $2 ea. for the carns....that is already $9

Thanks for all the feedback

I really appreciate the feedback, it's nice to know that we're on par with most of our associates.

We've done centerpieces for less than $40 (we belong to wire services) but we found that the complaints associated with the small ones weren't worth it. To do a $25 centerpiece up here is just crazy, considering what we all pay for freight, etc. I know the whole "good for customers" logic but it doesn't pay the bills.

Audra

The True North

Audra:

Yes the costs to get product delivered North must be very high. I've been to your City and it's not a short drive by any means.

A beautiful City, you are in. Some big hills thou wow!

North of 48

:)

The views can get impressive, that's for sure, especially along Superior's North Shore.

Audra

Status
Not open for further replies.