Status
Not open for further replies.

greatflowerlady

Jun 25, 2007
Battle Creek
www.myspace.com
State / Prov
Mi
ok to make a long story short went to the best Country Club in my area to meet a MOB (not the bride) racked up a large bill (spent 2 hours) with her. Sent the estament and I hear from her this week (oh yea weddings July 12th) they cant spend that kinda money what can you do for 800.00?? VS THE 3,100 ..omg
Anyways I am dealing with it. But here is where I need your help. she has 15 table. and is using my Eiffel towers.. she only wants to put around 27 dollars into the flower part of it each tower?? I am used to large towering sprays coming out of the top...Help shes using red roses and some white lillys!! anyone got pics or any comments..thanks Tracy:itchy:

First of all, I am very proud of you trying to work with there budget. and it can be done, and you have an idea in your head so it will work fine for you,,I just am scared of those eiffel towers..but that is me..

Not knowing there colors. do you have that??If so that would help...

Hugs to you for being a true professional!!!!!!

min work

you can at least minimize your design time - I say an inexpensive lily in the most appropriate color with some bear grass, and call it a day! You'll spend most of you money packing, delivering and picking up.

You do it for 27.00 and she will make sure everyone knows hoe 'CHEAP LOOKING THE FLOWERS ARE" Stay firm on what you can & will do. do A mock up so she can see exactly what she is getting. But, you are pretty much Dam*ed if you do and DAM*ed if you don't on this one.

CHR posted a picture of something smaller in an Eiffel tower vase, was lovely. I don't recall which thread it was now, but I'm sure a search will turn something up. IIRC it was a single rose and was extraordinary.

How about spray roses!! you can get more color through out. Isn't hanging amaratnthis a bit pricey? For the lily look, a stem or two of
alstro. Just tell cheepo that they will be small and not have the look of the more expensive version.

Yes, there was a thread that had that same vase. It had 3 red roses with some grasses.

Here's my question, can you use a good realistic silk and charge her "rental" and get your silks back to reuse?

Would it be possible to get some "free" greenery nearby (like your yard etc) to fill in and then you can add a few flowers? I went to a design show on Sunday and the speaker went in the nearby woods and found all kinds of foliage and sticks, etc to use for his presentation. Just a thought......

This is the rose that Erlene mentioned from CHR:

The-Ultimate-Single-Rose-HW0_115266.jpg

I would tell her "no way". And just be honest, let her know if you only have a budget of 27 per piece whatever you put together for that price would look tacky and you don't want your shops name on it. I would tell her that you need more $$ or it can't be done.

Ok, if she belongs to the fancy schmancy country club, she needs to reprioritize her budget!

I agree with whoever said do a mockup!! Make her a $27 arrangement as well as a $47 (or whatever) to ilustrate how much more you can get for not too much more money (15 tables x and extra $20 per table is only $300).

My other suggestion is to do 1/2 the tables with the Eiffel towers (I am with the Queen on my fear of these vases) and a cylinder of alstro en mass for the other 1/2 of the tables...that way you would take your $405 budget and stretch it...just a thought.

I'd have told her that I can't go from $3100.00>>$800.00. She already spent $300.00 in my time on the consultation...

The Cclub here gets $65.00/plate+bar...

Some things I just don't want my name on...

ok to make a long story short went to the best Country Club in my area to meet a MOB (not the bride) racked up a large bill (spent 2 hours) with her. Sent the estament and I hear from her this week (oh yea weddings July 12th) they cant spend that kinda money what can you do for 800.00?? VS THE 3,100 ..omg
Anyways I am dealing with it. But here is where I need your help. she has 15 table. and is using my Eiffel towers.. she only wants to put around 27 dollars into the flower part of it each tower?? I am used to large towering sprays coming out of the top...Help shes using red roses and some white lillys!! anyone got pics or any comments..thanks Tracy:itchy:

Tracy, Is she paying a rental on top of the flower budget???

$27 is not alot to work with-how much were you originally charging her for the eiffel tower arrangements??

If she is paying a reantal on the vases maybe you should talk her into a regular centerpiece and push the rental into the centerpiece budget....
Anything you do at $27 in a CC is going to look sad and your name is going to be on them....The roses arrangements that CHR did would at least be funky and nice looking but I have a feeling this chick may be looking for grand and opulent and being a cheap a$$ about it....
Good luck, my friend, I think you may need it with this one..

First of all, I am very proud of you trying to work with there budget. and it can be done, and you have an idea in your head so it will work fine for you,,I just am scared of those eiffel towers..but that is me..

Not knowing there colors. do you have that??If so that would help...

Hugs to you for being a true professional!!!!!!

OMG thanks you. I was staring to think I might have to call her up and give her dept. back..
I all ready have the towers so I have to concentrate on the flowers I can get for the price and still make money. I was hoping you all have great ideas to help me with this.. I know I know I am a fool.. but it's ok!:purpletea

Tracy, Is she paying a rental on top of the flower budget???

$27 is not alot to work with-how much were you originally charging her for the eiffel tower arrangements??

If she is paying a reantal on the vases maybe you should talk her into a regular centerpiece and push the rental into the centerpiece budget....
Anything you do at $27 in a CC is going to look sad and your name is going to be on them....The roses arrangements that CHR did would at least be funky and nice looking but I have a feeling this chick may be looking for grand and opulent and being a cheap a$$ about it....
Good luck, my friend, I think you may need it with this one..

know I got 5each for the tower I have a 27.oo to fill it I go t a total of 32.00 thats all she would go.. so I was just trying to work with it..

know I got 5each for the tower I have a 27.oo to fill it I go t a total of 32.00 thats all she would go.. so I was just trying to work with it..

Do you think that she is looking for something out of the box like chr's arrangement or do you think she is looking to fill the space in the country club????

That is the 64 thousand dollar question....

Status
Not open for further replies.