Cheep A@@ mother of the bride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks amy! I think I have changed her mind a little I will be doing only 7 towers and the other 8 will be 8 inch cubes with floating candles(still the same money but less work for me.. so I believe I have cut my time in half..Shes paying the same for the cubes but you and I know it's way less work. so I think it will all even out. I plan on putting 3 steams of dendros, 2 roses and lily grass in the towers. about 5.50 cost I think it will be fine. I would not send anything out looking cheep.. Lets just say simply stated!! as far as the cubes. I will put a nice floating candle and a couple of dendro blooms floating and sit my square voties with it and it will look like a millionlol!! LOL

Sounds like you've worked it out....Good luck with it....sounds like it will be something you can be proud of even if she is a cheap arse...

Well thanks for all the responds from all of you. Next time I might think twice about at wedding with 27.00 center pc. I am glad I can work with my customer even if shes a cheep customer. Who knows maybe I will get another wedding off from it not so cheep. Some times less is more!! all her fancy C.C cheep friends will be there!! and who knows what other brides might walk though that day just looking~

One more thing I have learned during my sabbatical is to forego individual item pricing for the reception.....example - centerpeices - 20.00, head table - 40.00, etc. or whatever you have each item priced.

Focus instead on the overall effect ....find out how many tables, head tables, cake tables, gift table, bar area, etc and come up with an overall price -

for instance - 10 tables, 1 head table, decoration on the bar, cake table, and entry piece in her colors. - You then quote them something like - modest decor - 3000.00, gorgeous decor, 5000.00, or extravagant decor - 9000.00

That leaves you to divide the money and put the most bang where it needs to be. Re-assure her that all the places she wants flowers will have them......and that will allow you to add flowers where they are needed as well.

Gives you greater control of budget, decor, and gives them bigger bang for the bucks. - Creates a win-win situation all the way round.

[EDIT] - Main reason for this is that more time is spent at the reception and people who view, buy, see, and plan for their own wedding/event have more time to see what you can do.

One more thing I have learned during my sabbatical is to forego individual item pricing for the reception.....example - centerpeices - 20.00, head table - 40.00, etc. or whatever you have each item priced.

Focus instead on the overall effect ....find out how many tables, head tables, cake tables, gift table, bar area, etc and come up with an overall price -

for instance - 10 tables, 1 head table, decoration on the bar, cake table, and entry piece in her colors. - You then quote them something like - modest decor - 3000.00, gorgeous decor, 5000.00, or extravagant decor - 9000.00

That leaves you to divide the money and put the most bang where it needs to be. Re-assure her that all the places she wants flowers will have them......and that will allow you to add flowers where they are needed as well.

Gives you greater control of budget, decor, and gives them bigger bang for the bucks. - Creates a win-win situation all the way round.

[EDIT] - Main reason for this is that more time is spent at the reception and people who view, buy, see, and plan for their own wedding/event have more time to see what you can do.
WOW what a great sales tecnique I will try this on our next consult.Thank you for sharing I love the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.