CWood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me this should be relegated to the services/advertisers forum.
No need for full access status.
BTW - same deal w/my town, old shop gone since 2005. Our shop, started in 1999 not listed.

tracy

Yes, florists change much faster than any other business we know. This is why our ads will go out first class. If the shop is closed or the ad comes back, we will remove. Many times the internet shopper lets us know.

We tried years ago to request from Chamber of Commerce but most sent a copy of the yellow pages with non florists. Within time though, the directory will mainly help people find florists who have our selection guide.

Yes, florists change much faster than any other business we know. This is why our ads will go out first class. If the shop is closed or the ad comes back, we will remove. Many times the internet shopper lets us know.

We tried years ago to request from Chamber of Commerce but most sent a copy of the yellow pages with non florists. Within time though, the directory will mainly help people find florists who have our selection guide.
Apparently not as fast as the funeral directory listings - these are outdated as well.

No this site does not take orders
What about your original 'directory' - http://www.floralandgift.com/ - which only links to http://www.floral-shops.com/ (I knew there was a TF OG site around somewhere). That's the one that shows up most in the SERPs and is linked from you funeral home and chamber of commerce listing pages.

In a city like Detroit, you could only find 4 flower shops? http://www.floralandgift.com/state/mi/detroit.html And only 6 in Los Angeles? http://www.floralshops.com/states/CA/Los-Angeles.php?state=CA&city=Los Angeles

IMO both 'directories' were built and SEO'd NOT to help consumers find local florists, but to use local florists' names and phone numbers to produce fodder for search engines so you could OG - for about 9 years. Not the first, not the last, but disingenuous about purposed, if not down-right deceptive IMO - to both consumers and florists.

I checked our directory and the florists listed in your town are real florists. Are you really upset because we did not know about your flower shop and you are not listed?
LOL If you had listed our business, I would have told you to remove it like I did Wesley Berry. We don't allow companies to use our business name to OG.

No, I get 'upset' when I read companies presenting themselves as 'helping' local shops when I know they've been helping themselves (for years) to siphon off orders intended for the very florists they're purporting to champion.

What about your original 'directory' - http://www.floralandgift.com/ - which only links to http://www.floral-shops.com/ (I knew there was a TF OG site around somewhere). That's the one that shows up most in the SERPs and is linked from you funeral home and chamber of commerce listing pages.

In a city like Detroit, you could only find 4 flower shops? http://www.floralandgift.com/state/mi/detroit.html And only 6 in Los Angeles? http://www.floralshops.com/states/CA/Los-Angeles.php?state=CA&city=Los Angeles

IMO both 'directories' were built and SEO'd NOT to help consumers find local florists, but to use local florists' names and phone numbers to produce fodder for search engines so you could OG - for about 9 years. Not the first, not the last, but disingenuous about purposed, if not down-right deceptive IMO - to both consumers and florists.

LOL If you had listed our business, I would have told you to remove it like I did Wesley Berry. We don't allow companies to use our business name to OG.

No, I get 'upset' when I read companies presenting themselves as 'helping' local shops when I know they've been helping themselves (for years) to siphon off orders intended for the very florists they're purporting to champion.

No excuse, I took the income, created a way for all florists to have an internet web site without wire services. But still have to wonder why you are doing the advertising for my business.

By the way, not one directory is able to keep up with closed shops. Sorry.

Since this is the new member introduction thread:
  • What do you hope to be able to offer at Flowerchat, a place that is supposed to be an exchange of ideas among peers?
  • What do you hope to learn from everyone here at Flowerchat?
tracy

Reactions: 1 person
Since this is the new member introduction thread:
  • What do you hope to be able to offer at Flowerchat, a place that is supposed to be an exchange of ideas among peers?
  • What do you hope to learn from everyone here at Flowerchat?
tracy

Great questions. I hope to listen to solutions. Example: Many florists do not know about stephanotis being cold-sensitive, needing to be kept at a temp over 42F and many flower boxes are set lower.

There are solutions some of the older florists have known and know. There are solutions some of the younger florists know. This is what I will listen too.

What can I offer? Not sure yet. It may be from the previous posts, I will need to hold my solutions until they are ready. Example: We are working with companies who sell shopping carts. 99% are not usable to a local florist. In one of the previous posts, they thought one of these sites belonged to Teleflora. It was not. It is one we are testing the shopping cart.

Great questions. I hope to listen to solutions. Example: Many florists do not know about stephanotis being cold-sensitive, needing to be kept at a temp over 42F and many flower boxes are set lower.

There are solutions some of the older florists have known and know. There are solutions some of the younger florists know. This is what I will listen too.

What can I offer? Not sure yet. It may be from the previous posts, I will need to hold my solutions until they are ready. Example: We are working with companies who sell shopping carts. 99% are not usable to a local florist. In one of the previous posts, they thought one of these sites belonged to Teleflora. It was not. It is one we are testing the shopping cart.

Solutions to what??? That was a vague answer to a question that is very important to know. From what I am hearing in all of these posts you may be wanting to find out how you can change your advertising by finding out what peeves us in order to sign on florists at 299.00 per year. Please add in detail what solutions you would like to hear and what you have to offer...

So, in regards to your answer about stephanotis:
Do you actually operate a retail florist - with fresh product, coolers, designers, delivery personnel etc etc?

Also: What is your feeling about the hesitation we all seem to feel with your membership here?

tracy

In my town (Marion NC), I am listed,but the only part that is correct is my name. The phone # listed is for a shop that went out of business 5 years ago so if someone calls they think I'm gone too. How do I get it removed altogether.
Sophie
Marion Floral

In one of the previous posts, they thought one of these sites belonged to Teleflora. It was not. It is one we are testing the shopping cart.
floral-shops.com
Registrant:
Remindsme.com LLC
6000 E. Fork Road
Newkirk, OK 74647
US

Domain Name: FLORAL-SHOPS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Remindsme.com LLC
6000 E. Fork Road
Newkirk, OK 74647
US
580-362-3829 fax: 999 999 9999

Technical Contact:
ADMINISTRATOR, WEB
3737 NW 34th
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
US
866-983-3932 fax: 405-440-6828

Record expires on 15-Jul-2008.
Record created on 15-Jul-2000.
Database last updated on 1-Oct-2007 10:35:35 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

EPRODNS1A.EFLORIST.COM 65.198.163.235
EPRODNS2A.EFLORIST.COM 65.198.163.236

Reactions: 1 person
No excuse, I took the income, created a way for all florists to have an internet web site without wire services. But still have to wonder why you are doing the advertising for my business.

By the way, not one directory is able to keep up with closed shops. Sorry.
I have a problem with the flippant attitude you display in this response. You are attempting to join a forum where retail florists are pretty much the dominant population - the very segment of the industry who advertised for your business. Your repsonse seems to indicate you think the advertisers are, well, intelectually challenged to say it mildly. I think you're going to have to do some serious back-peddaling to have anyone see you as anything different than a bottom feeding OG, and opportunist.

As for the directory being out of date - in my naivete, I thought that was the whole purpose of a directory - that its listings would be kept current, so it would be useful to consumers, and thereby be useful to the advertisers.
If you charge for listings, which it seems you are, then keeping the listings up to date is your job.

tracy

floral-shops.com
Registrant:
Remindsme.com LLC
6000 E. Fork Road
Newkirk, OK 74647
US

Administrative Contact:
Remindsme.com LLC
6000 E. Fork Road
Newkirk, OK 74647
US

Technical Contact:
ADMINISTRATOR, WEB
3737 NW 34th
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
US

I just called the number on this website and asked there location and got a whole big story of how they only sell specialty flowers for wedding and events, but they would be happy to take my order and send something out for me. When I pressed further that I wanted to come in they switch me over to someone else and she told me that they were just the office and that they did in fact have a flower shop called Cinda's flowers. I asked to get the actual location so I could come in and see the flowers and she said they only sell specialty flowers, I told her that that was OK I like specialty flowers. She then said it is not possible to come in as they are by appointment only......BS in my opinion...

IMHO this is the type of business that can learn too much about our strengths and weaknesses here to further their agenda. It is companies like this that we often air our grievences about and give alot of information that can be analized and used to compete against us.

The 299.00 they collect for their farse of a directory and advertisement is money stolen from unaware florists. This company is nothing but con artists. I said it now I will move on. Sorry about being so harsh...

floral-shops.com
Registrant:
Remindsme.com LLC
6000 E. Fork Road
Newkirk, OK 74647
US

Administrative Contact:
Remindsme.com LLC
6000 E. Fork Road
Newkirk, OK 74647
US

Technical Contact:
ADMINISTRATOR, WEB
3737 NW 34th
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
US

You mentioned in another post that there was another site which was attached to floralshops This is the site that we are testing one of the shopping carts.

You mentioned in another post that there was another site which was attached to floralshops This is the site that we are testing one of the shopping carts.

Well, why when you call it do your people lie. Testing a cart is that code for gathering orders. Also, why would you purchase a TF based site to test a shopping cart. Why wouldn't you buy an independant shopping cart to go with the independant site you have.

Nothing you have said has made any sense. If you are looking for florists without a clue this is not the place...

What 'test'? It's a Teleflora-hosted template you've used for your order gathering for years. Every directory page on floralandgift.com links to it right now (as did the pages from floralshops.com until recently.)

See where it has TF's address as your website administrator?
ADMINISTRATOR, WEB
3737 NW 34th
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
US
And that the site is hosted by TF?

Status
Not open for further replies.