CWood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Cinda from another board, years ago. No thanks. Leopards don't change their spots.

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting. Can you post the phone number listed for that company from your yellow pages?
I sure will as soon as I get back to work tomorrow, I have been super busy today and didn't get a chance to read the post until now 8 P.M. I don't have that same phone book at home ( LOL, mine at home I just noticed is out of date :) ), But I will gladly post the number tomorrow!!!

Remember I am still fairly new to some of this ( only been really active about the last 3 months or so) but this cinda your talking about is that the same cinda that is in my yellowpage guide ( locally) trying to take my business from me and other B&M shops in my town??? There is a Cinda's listed in our yellowpages same day delivery and blah blah and I called to see where they were located and as you would guess OG, I said yes I need your address so I can come and pick up some flowers and the person that answered the phone gave me all kinds of excuses, never said where they were located. I finally hung up! UGHHHH
Any ways......that florist list she has on here, my shop is new and it isn;t listed ( which OK I am NEW) BUT the ones that are listed several of them are out of business and have been for a long time!!!!

No, I have never advertised in any phone book. And in fact, you will not find a pay per click or anything else like that on the web. I realize some have said I have this site or that and I do not.

Our web site has always listed the florist first, not unlike the Yellow Pages only they list the advertisers first even if it is a florist not located in the area. Because I am a florist, I normally can tell if they are not local.

The idea which I believe was from the Lord will help many florists. I have visited some of the web sites here and you all have very impressive sites. But some florists do not have the size of shop or money to produce the images and sites as you. This will help them.

But, Jon is right. I have been met with angry people and wondered if they are really florists. The florists I have known are kind hearted caring people who touch people everyday with love and prayers. Even if they did not agree with what I am doing, they would at least make sure their information was correct.

You may not know this, but I think I was either the first directory on the web or maybe the second. You see our town was too small for the wire service, so I created a directory for my local customer to call direct. Then google picked up the pages.

We are now working so google will pick up floralshops instead of floralandgift.

Again, I will wish you all well. I have received the terrible nasty emails and I trying to remove your shops as quickly as we can do this.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought membership is and has been open to "Basement Betties". I asked the question a couple weeks ago and no one has been denied membership here, except that one credit card pushy guy. Being other than a full service B & M florist does not, as far as I can tell, preclude anyone from membershop here.

Has something changed?

Jon, I really appreciate your posts. You probably know the reason I had to move to the basement as some say because you too have experienced what I did.

I will try to respond as I get the emails and get excited for me because really it is a fact, false accusations come before promotion.

No, I have never advertised in any phone book. And in fact, you will not find a pay per click or anything else like that on the web. I realize some have said I have this site or that and I do not.

Our web site has always listed the florist first, not unlike the Yellow Pages only they list the advertisers first even if it is a florist not located in the area. Because I am a florist, I normally can tell if they are not local.

The idea which I believe was from the Lord will help many florists. I have visited some of the web sites here and you all have very impressive sites. But some florists do not have the size of shop or money to produce the images and sites as you. This will help them.

But, Jon is right. I have been met with angry people and wondered if they are really florists. The florists I have known are kind hearted caring people who touch people everyday with love and prayers. Even if they did not agree with what I am doing, they would at least make sure their information was correct.

You may not know this, but I think I was either the first directory on the web or maybe the second. You see our town was too small for the wire service, so I created a directory for my local customer to call direct. Then google picked up the pages.

We are now working so google will pick up floralshops instead of floralandgift.

Again, I will wish you all well. I have received the terrible nasty emails and I trying to remove your shops as quickly as we can do this.

What do you have to say about how your TF hosted site is answered? I asked them for their location and they squirmed. I asked if I could come in and see some flowers and the told me they only did events. I asked if they were a florist and they said yes, but they did not carry flowers..No, REAL KIND HEARTED FLORISTS, that I know of routinely lie to their customers nor do any of them not carry flowers. Even the smallest, tiniest florist carries flowers.

The idea which I believe was from the Lord will help many florists.
Invoking God in a discussion like this really cheeses me off. Was it the Lord's idea to start order gathering, too?

I have been met with angry people and wondered if they are really florists. The florists I have known are kind hearted caring people who touch people everyday with love and prayers. Even if they did not agree with what I am doing, they would at least make sure their information was correct.
Cinda, please point me to anything I've said that is incorrect. Most of the florists I know are kind, caring and take people on their word - which leaves them open to manipulation and abuse by folks who present themselves as 'helping'.

You originally created a login here at FC a couple months ago but waited to post an introductory thread until the timing was right? Perhaps to sell members here on your newly remodeled directory and images?

Before they buy, IMO florists should know the full story - despite your attempts to distance yourself from some of the ways you've run your businesses.

How many red dots does it take??

I believe this thread has generated enough bad vives.. there are more than enough red dots to close this thread. Cwood had annoyed many people on this site and I can not see where any good has come out of any of her posts.
She has not received a welcome here and should go somewhere else where people want to associate with her. And we need to move on!

I agree. I think it's time to close this thread.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.