Status
Not open for further replies.

CWood

Jul 13, 2007
Newkirk, Oklahoma
State / Prov
Oklahoma
Hi, I am the owner of FloralShops.com

I have had a internet business nine years but have been in the floral industry for over twenty years.

My first flower shop was called Touch of Country and second shop Cinda's Floral

Located in Newkirk, OK, USA

I received an email from a member stating I should check out the flowerchat community and am now filling out something about myself and business.

We just finished the first floral book/selection guide of flower images not connected to wire service at www.floralshops.com/floralbook.php

Also we finished a funeral home book which works with funera homes at www.fsfuneralhomes.com

I try to visit as often as possible and look forward to hearing views of florists around the world.

Thank you,

Cinda Wood

Reactions: 1 person
Cinda -

It seems the only links in your florist directory and funeral home directory lead to your order gatherer site.

How is that helping any real local florist here at Flower Chat?

Within the last two days our programmer has finished a one page web site giving bouquet selections to the internet shoppers but requesting they contact a florist in the directory. Please refresh your page.

By the way, over nine years ago we started our first directory and had a multitude of internet shoppers email unsecure credit card numbers. People want to have an idea of what they are ordering.

your negative answers and reputation preceed your visit here. Your OG ways also proceed you as well as your OG listings in my town for the past few years. Sorry.......not

Within the last two days our programmer has finished a one page web site giving bouquet selections to the internet shoppers but requesting they contact a florist in the directory. Please refresh your page.
What I see is a banner recommending to call or email a local florist (of course, providing an actual email address to those florists would be helpful) - but the link only points to your site for online ordering.

By the way, over nine years ago we started our first directory and had a multitude of internet shoppers email unsecure credit card numbers. People want to have an idea of what they are ordering.
So you are now here to sell directory listings and selection guides for $300/year after nine years of apologetically gathering orders?

Pardon my candor. Seems you need us real florists now more than we need another 'directory' masquerading as a useful source for consumers.

Funny I didn't get negativity from the answers...

I think that selection guide of independent images could be very useful indeed. Creating them is no small task.

is this where the line is supposed to be drawn on new members? It's been far from a strict line as far as I've seen yet.

but as we see here.....

opinions vary

Wait a minute - I can't find a way to order from Cinda there - only pictures to use and names of flower shops. Am I missing something?

OH MY Heavens!!

Sorry my wonderful friends here, I have to say this, I know if you can't say anything nice you are not supposed to, well the Queen will put this out in the open before one of you fall for this, crock of BS< one of the princess put an ad on there board like about over 2 years ago, and never really new this till a woman poped in one day and demanded money back from me, Well, I am sorry don't know what she was talking about , Well much to my surprise she showed me on the computer my ad, that she thought she was ordering from us, Well CINDA we both know who go that order and it wasn't us, So Folks use this site with upmost caution, for 299.00. you could do much better advertising else where/

Reactions: 1 person
Wait a minute - I can't find a way to order from Cinda there - only pictures to use and names of flower shops. Am I missing something?
That's very funny because there was a complete shopping cart system that basically copied a TF template (like the one she was running through TF until only recently) when I looked an hour ago.

It's miraculously disappeared ATM. :cool:

That's very funny because there was a complete shopping cart system that basically copied a TF template (like the one she was running through TF until only recently) when I looked an hour ago.

It's miraculously disappeared ATM. :cool:

It was there when I looked at it about an hour ago as well CHR.

No this site does not take orders and some florists do not have web sites but do have email addresses, the internet shopper will use to contact a shop. Example at:
http://www.floralshops.com/states/NJ/Forked-River.php?state=NJ&city=Forked River

I was encouraged to come to this site as the person who emailed me said many florists would like their own web site but did not have the images. I know some are set on using wire service but there a those who are not and this just gives an avenue.

With the book only, the image costs are less than $1.50 each and with the bonus images still coming out this price will continue to be reduced even if there was not a directory.

By the way, the directory will just tell other florists, which florists have our books. In fact, it is the first in this industry.

We could not start sending out our ads until our programmer figured out a way to give florists without web sites a web site. He finished tonight.

Also, the book took the most work as it had to be UV coated and high resolution pictures, with ingredients. In fact the publisher also publishes for another wire service. And too the bouquets had to be ones which all florists could easily use.

I checked our directory and the florists listed in your town are real florists. Are you really upset because we did not know about your flower shop and you are not listed?

I checked our directory and the florists listed in your town are real florists. Are you really upset because we did not know about your flower shop and you are not listed?

I'm not sure if you are directing this at me or not but, your directory seems pretty outdated. The one listed is a florist that has been closed for over 5 years and the other is closed as well. The shops that are listed in my town aren't real florists since they don't exist.

I'm not sure if you are directing this at me or not but, your directory seems pretty outdated. The one listed is a florist that has been closed for over 5 years and the other is closed as well. The shops that are listed in my town aren't real florists since they don't exist.

Do you have the correct site? You shop is listed.

In Melrose, MA, there is a wealth of bad and/or outdated information.

Pepperberry has moved
Buds N Blossoms has changed their name
Tucci and son never heard of them so they must have been in business for ten minutes
Floral design by Philip Mercier also never heard of them
Tea Rose has been long gone for many years

This is the same problem with most directories. The info is always wrong. What happens when people go to use this site and get no florist at 50% of the numbers?? Doesn't make people too confident in the site.. Why should anyone pay 299.00 a year to be affiliated with such a farce of a website...

Yep! Half of the shops listed for my town have been out of business for several years.
My, My! When I check other nearby towns, the number of listings for non-existant shops only increases.

Seems to me this should be relegated to the services/advertisers forum.
No need for full access status.
BTW - same deal w/my town, old shop gone since 2005. Our shop, started in 1999 not listed.

tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.