Dog Flowers & Fun Novelties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too.............I want to see them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are amazing with this stuff.
OK it is too late for Easter this year to make but I can't wait for next year.
Let's go on to the next project.
Do you have any ideas like this for Mother's Day :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone remember making lambs or Easter bunnies for Easter?

Cathy, you are correct, the industry is seeing a resurgence in this type of thing.

What goes around... comes around.

You know in the broad scheme of things..... if our flowers makes someone smile, then we did our job!

Joe

I sold about 5-6 bunnies last year. I learned how to make a dog 22 years ago by an old time florist and very glad I did. They were not popular anymore but she felt it was a worthwhile thing to teach me. I have since used that knowledge to craft. teddy bears, bunnies, dogs, people etc. This is one area were the big box has nothing on us. If someone wants something creatively spectacular they will be forced to seek out a professional, US!!!!!! This is why it is so important not to let yourself get stale. Go out and get educated on new trends or old or just try new things in your down time. Your customers will love you for it.....

Just finished a bunch of rabbits ....

for this year. Thought I was the only one having to make them. They have gained popularity again. Love the chicks tho' so will have to try some of those for next year. It is so hard for us to get the big commercial mums ... ours this year are tiny.

I don't mind doing them, but if one more person brings in a copy of the dogs from that website, thinking they are doing me a favour ... I'm going to scream. It's very nice that they think of me and bring it in ... and I've even had it mailed from another province because they thought of me ... but I've thrown out about 3 dozen copies to date.

Hi,

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to go about constructing the dog.

The kids at school would love it if I could demo that.

Any tips would be appreciated or websites with examples, thank you.

Many thanks
Kez

Here's A Doggy Design...

Kate (my Senior Designer) made this design for the Grand Opening
of a Pet Supply and Grooming shop right next door.
The design is called "Maggie" (modeled after my Mother's Bichon...)

- H.

Attachments

• OSP_Puppy1.JPG
    OSP_Puppy1.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 150
  • OSP_PupTag.JPG
    OSP_PupTag.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 105
  • OSP_PuppySide.JPG
    OSP_PuppySide.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 128
YES! me too.. could you post the recipie/instructions for these?? Cathy, the pic of the dog on your website is too cute! what size basket did you use? do you mind sharing your recipie/instructions? what a cute idea to use for new babies!.. blue bows for boys and pink for girls... or a get well gift.. you just can't help but smile when you see these little guys!!
did anyone see the pictures of the dog bud vase featured in (last month's?) Florist Review? it was near the back.

Your puppy is so adorable!!:hug:
I love the way it is structured.

Is that puppy sitting on a loomy dish?

design recipe

6 football mums
1 bunch white cushion poms
3 bows wired to 4" sticks
10-15 strands wire
2 black pipecleaners
2 inch piece of red satin #9
2 google eyes

Behead 18 poms close to calyx. Arrange in descending order in two piles of nine. Starting with smallest string onto a srand of wire with a bent hook at the end. place bow on stick at end and tape. Set aside, these are your ears. Behead another 4 poms and string smallest to largest in same manner. Set aside, this is your tail.
To costruct head: Take 1 football mum and hold with front facing you(this is the top of the head). Add ears with bow closest to mum on either side and secure with a small amount of tape. Hold upside down and add two mums under ears(these will be the sides of head). Secure with small amount of tape. Add two more mums front and back(these will be face and back of head) Secure with small amont of tape. Cut piece of red satin into shape of tongue and add a wire to the bottom. Twirl black pipe cleaner around a pen 3-4 times. Attach tongue and nose together and tape to a 4 inch stick. Position nose and tongue into mum where it should go. (by now you should be able to see that this should have a face). You can adda bow under the face if you wish to "finish" it. Cut the stems and sticks to desired length and push into foam in greened basket.

Hold remaining mum in hand and add the tail, bow closest to mum. You can add more mums for a chunkier dog that same way you do the head. Cut to desired length and position behind dog head. Now you can dress up the rest of the basket with flowers and make it look like he in romping through a flower field.

Hope these were clear enough. This is a deluxe dog. It comes out much bigger than the carnation dog and just as cute. Any questions just send PM and I will answer. It is a good process to know. You can adjust and make many other shapes and figures.

Thank you !

I am really not sure how to start the base or the frame work of this piece. Is it one full foam brick plus a half ? Do you use mesh wire to hold it together? With your flowers list I think I can figure out the flower placement with your picture if you dont mind me printing it out. Thanks for taking the time to give us this great idea. I cant wait to try these .

I went to a dinner Tuesday night. Their theme was guess who's coming to dinner? All 10 tables had a different guest for dinner.

I want to share "Happy Feet" with you...

Attachments

• hf.jpg
    hf.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 107
  • hf-2.jpg
    hf-2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 94
Reading about the Bayou wedding reminded me that I needed to post the alligator picture from the dinner last week.

It was part of the Peter Pan tablescape, but I can't find my final picture of the finished table.

Attachments

• ali.jpg
    ali.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 95
Love that gator.....
I have to do a teddy bear tomorrow for a baby's service. They picked the one out of the John Henry Book, I was just a sculpting styro today as we don't have a contact for the sheets of oasis. So it will be pick and put....maybe I'll get a pic.

So... it was Saturday afternoon & Easter orders were still coming in. Sold out of eggs and the usual stuff, we made these little bunnies for the orders in need of 'cuting up'.

362x375.aspx

The whiskers are just painted #26 wires and the nose was one of those pink Oasis gem pins. They still crack me up. You know what they say about necessity....

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.