Dog Flowers & Fun Novelties

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have calls from other states asking us to create dog flowers

I have had requests from Oklahoma, Missouri, and New York to "ship us the dog flowers". I have called several stores at times trying to help customers find the "dog flowers" in their own towns. None would bite at creating them. We didn't even talk price... they just say "we don't do them".

We never say no. We always find a way to create whatever they're looking for. However, shipping to other states and guaranteeing their condition is another thing...we prefer to help them find someone in their recipient's town that would create them.

If you say no when we call... please reconsider! It may pick you up another customer and new base of people to sell to!

So... it was Saturday afternoon & Easter orders were still coming in. Sold out of eggs and the usual stuff, we made these little bunnies for the orders in need of 'cuting up'.

362x375.aspx

The whiskers are just painted #26 wires and the nose was one of those pink Oasis gem pins. They still crack me up. You know what they say about necessity....

Too cute! You are the mother of invention!

Long Island's Nassau County I have a dog order for you!

I have a message to call someone in the 516 (Long Island's Nassau County) regarding will I ship dog flowers out to them. Anyone in this area interested in the number and the order?

That is soooo cute.
Sharon

My customers LOVE the puppies! I introduced them at Christmas and we sold out.. brought them back for Valentines (puppy love) .. and sold out again.

I have ours on the website and one in the cooler regularly.. they simply make people SMILE!

UK fun flowers

I LOVE the dogs ... do you all mind if I pass them onto UK florists ... think they would go a storm and like others feel these novelty lines are really important to show - may not be classic design but not all customers want classic.

Can't offer you any animals but over here we have a charity event called Comic Relief which is branded with a red nose. For our Master Florists we devised a range of fun flowers using the nose kits you could buy and decorating anthurium, sunflowers and bloom chrysanths.

They could be sold for around £5 which showed a small profit for florist and a charitable donation to Comic Relief. What's more all the florists who circulated the release and pictures were picked up by their local press.

Attachments

• Anthurium-Red-Nose-web.jpg
    Anthurium-Red-Nose-web.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 43
I think everyone needs to go over to the Image Gallery and see all of the pictures treen has posted. Some really outstanding work and what a great niche that I really could see gaining much interest if it was marketed with a website. I haven't looked at your profile but you haven't done it yet I would imagine that you could create a very interesting blog that would not only get peoples attention but keep them coming back for more.

Thanks so much for sharing and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Sorry if I am embarrassing you but I really think you have something special.

I am a little embarrassed! Not because of the interested....... I find that very flattering........ but because I seem to have spammed my pictures all over the site "SORRY"!

I was a bit confused when I was trying to upload the photos..... it kept saying "uploaded OK" but wasn't appearing on my gallery. I had no idea it was posting bloggy things.........

SORRY ABOUT THAT! 'Won't happen again:sblush:

I am so surprised about the interest ..... I've been stuck in my little shop for so long I just thought EVERYONE was doin it!

Treen -

I echo Eric's remarks - your design work is fantastic!

In no way did you spam the gallery or the forum. FlowerChat is set up so that each gallery post launches a reminder thread displaying a thumbnail shot to let members know a new photo has been posted. Subsequent comments on gallery photos also display new posts in the forum - and since you've received so many accolades, yours continue to pop up. :)

No, everyone definitely isn't doing what you do with those sympathy tributes, but a bunch of us clearly wish we could. :yourock:

Need Columbia, Maryland florist for dog flowers

Need a florist in Columbia, Maryland that is wiling to make dog flowers for grand opening... if you are interested, I have a paying customer and her phone number... you get 100%... I'm just trying to help her find someone out there that's willing to make them for her...

Status
Not open for further replies.