Emailing Photos to Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously - how does your process work? How do you get the photos off the camera, named properly with order #, into your POS system, and attached to each order EFFICIENTLY enough that you could do 30-50 orders a day? What about Mom's Day? 300+ orders??

I don't know how other shops are doing, but our shop is emailing pictures only to the online customers (i.e., phone-in customers don't get pictures), which is to say only 0-3 pictures sent a day.

If we had to handle more than 5 pictures a day, it would be difficult with the current method (see below).

The way it works is that, when a customer places an order online, a copy of the order is sent to our sales@ email address; this email contains the 'From' line = the customer's email address. All we are doing is to reply to this email with picture attached.

The most time-consuming part is actually the editing and re-sizing of the picture. "Raw" picture is often too dark, too low-contrast, and too big.

Cellphones.

The quality of many cellphone cameras are pretty good nowadays. IMO the most efficient way to handle email photos is by way of multimedia messaging. Have a dedicated shop mobile phone with a decent camera. Snap the photo and message instantly.

Cellphones.

The quality of many cellphone cameras are pretty good nowadays. IMO the most efficient way to handle email photos is by way of multimedia messaging. Have a dedicated shop mobile phone with a decent camera. Snap the photo and message instantly.

And make sure your "plan" has unlimited picturing...I am looking at upgrading my blackberry and thinking of changing carriers..some of the new plans do not give unlimited texting or picture exchange..I know that is not the correct terminology but check the plan or they can charge you excessively....

You gotta get you one! They video too

I've been emailing photos since 2005 and customers really appreciate it. I do say on my website that it is only for orders $80 or more because there are times when I am just too busy to take them for every order. However, I do try to send them to all out of town customers no matter how much they spend or even local customers if they will not see the arrangement themselves.

Coooooool! :)

Nah, I'm really not a gadget person. We have a 20-yr old TV set with antenna; it's still going strong. We don't have cable, nor DVD player (we have VCR). I don't like anything complicated.
If you had one you would love it.

Nah, I'm really not a gadget person. We have a 20-yr old TV set with antenna; it's still going strong. We don't have cable, nor DVD player (we have VCR). I don't like anything complicated.

I can respect that. It's fascinating that some people are unaffected by "gadget" trends. I'm the opposite, I always want the latest and greatest.

I don't necessarily want the latest and the greatest, but, it's vital that I know about them and what they do. Gadgets, love them or not, are important to moving forward.

I love my camera and what I can do with it. It's just a great customer service tool, not to mention a great way to expand my memory bank.

V

Reactions: elmo
Status
Not open for further replies.