Facebook and My Space Listings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: thebloomcloset
Thanks Duane, you rock, seems I have dimwittedly created two separate Facebook accounts. But I don't want two I want one. Now, How in the samhell do I merge the two accounts into one.....hmmmm I shall forge on. Again, thanks. I must have been sleep Googling one night or something.

Jean, Thanks for bringing me into the 21st Century! After reading your post, I signed up on FaceBook. It was very easy to do. However, I opened an account with just my name when I should have/wanted the account to be in the name of my flower shop.

I noticed that you have 2 accounts, one for your name and one for you business - is that right? It seems like you have to duplicate info for both, i.e. photos.

How do you open an account for a business? When I first signed up, I didn't see that option. Did I just miss it?

Thanks again for getting me jazzed about all this!

Reactions: thejabbershop
NO worries

Jean, Thanks for bringing me into the 21st Century! After reading your post, I signed up on FaceBook. It was very easy to do. However, I opened an account with just my name when I should have/wanted the account to be in the name of my flower shop.

I noticed that you have 2 accounts, one for your name and one for you business - is that right? It seems like you have to duplicate info for both, i.e. photos.

How do you open an account for a business? When I first signed up, I didn't see that option. Did I just miss it?

Thanks again for getting me jazzed about all this!

I did they same thing you are talking about, I will change my personal one, just havent had the chance to upload any photos!

Facebook Page Finally some TANGIBLE benefit in search!

I was doing my usual address searches for our store and updating some old listings, when I came across canpages.ca listing for Dragonfly Flowers. I noticed a webpages Link, and clicked. (Like Google Local)

Here are the results.

attachment.php

I would imagine that it doesn't improve Google ranking or anything like that, but it does add credibility to our site in the eyes of the search engines.

:spintongu

Attachments

• Facebook_Listing_Benefit.JPG
    Facebook_Listing_Benefit.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 81
I have just become a fan of some of you, i was already a fan of most of you but others pages wouldnt come up so i will try again later.

I have put my facebook address if any of you would like to add to my fan list. Thanks in advance if you do.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Widnes/About-Flowers/51827580929?ref=ts

:handball:

To put your link for those who dont know (i have actually only just figured it out) you click and drag on the top bar when your business page is up, then right click and copy, then come in and click paste onto your post.

Can anyone tell me what the advantage of Facebook is? I'm trying it, but is it a waste of time to try and drum up business? Or is it a see how many friends you can collect?

Can anyone tell me what the advantage of Facebook is? I'm trying it, but is it a waste of time to try and drum up business? Or is it a see how many friends you can collect?

Thom,
To answer your question from my standpoint...I know a lot of people all around the country. So if a florist from FC has a fan page I try to become a fan so that the people that know me can see who they could possibly connect with to purchase flowers. Instead of buying from PF, FTD, etc.

It's also for personal use since I normally can't call everyone I know all the time to tell good news or just something that's going on. So it's a quick way to just let them know what's happening with me. and vice versa.... Hope this helps.~A

Status
Not open for further replies.