Facebook and My Space Listings

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the example...

Can anyone tell me what the advantage of Facebook is? I'm trying it, but is it a waste of time to try and drum up business? Or is it a see how many friends you can collect?

I (personally believe) that these kinds of links promote link love for the Google Maps queries we are all trying so hard to get into.

(The Google 10 pack, 3 pack, and ever illusive AUTHORITATIVE ONEBOX!)

ASIDE: Yay for Dorothy!

attachment.php

Attachments

• onebox.JPG
    onebox.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: Toddxxx and Dorothy
I (personally believe) that these kinds of links promote link love for the Google Maps queries we are all trying so hard to get into.

(The Google 10 pack, 3 pack, and ever illusive AUTHORITATIVE ONEBOX!)

ASIDE: Yay for Dorothy!

attachment.php

Thanks Duane. I was very excited to see this today! However, I don't know why the location says "Kelowna" (64km away) since the shop is most definitely in Summerland, which is the business info I put in. Oh well, I guess. I'm just happy we come up as #1 now. It's been a nerve-racking experience! :bouquet:

Can anyone tell me what the advantage of Facebook is? I'm trying it, but is it a waste of time to try and drum up business? Or is it a see how many friends you can collect?

Thom, I have a friend who is a wedding photographer. She goes through myspace and facebook and requests "friendships" with all "engaged" people within a certain radius. Its cheap marketing. She has gotten some wedding work that way. She also looks for all of those who are "seniors" for senior pictures - a florist could do the same looking for prom business.

You can see this blog I wrote about it...
http://pioneerwholesale.wordpress.c...ing-in-the-floral-and-gift-basket-industries/

I don't have a business facebook page, but my personal one is under
Annaleisa Boggs.

I'd love to add you all. Please just mention FlowerChat!
I'm going back through this thread and sending friend and fan requests.

Reactions: SpringCity
Still can't figure out

Ok, I confess, I got the personal one but still can't figure out how to get my business on here. Help!

Donna

Brown"s Flowers Ottawa facebook

I have just started a facebook page for Brown's Flowers in Ottawa Ontario, and posted some pictures, have gained a few fans(mostly relatives), but found it fun to do. Learned all kind of neat computor stuff by doing so...check it out on face book.. see if I did it right ....

Bear in mind as well that these are public pages. They can and will return in the search results if you update regularly and your fans contribute content as well. It is also beneficial for you to let your regular customers know that they can find you on the various social media outlets with links to those profiles.

If you Twitter, link to it from your website. Even better - display your Twitter feed on your website.
If you have a profile on MySpace, link the profile from your website.
If you have a business page on FaceBook, link to the business page from your site.

All of these social media outlets will attract a different type of customer to your business, so it helps to be everyplace that your customers are. If you gain a single new customer from these outlets that wouldn't have otherwise found your site, you are doing something right.

Is there a way to invite your peeps to become a fan of your business? I have had my personal page up for awhile but just added the business page. Now I need to get it moving!

I know that they can all see in the feed that I have become a fan of my shop, and I put it in my "what are you doing" update, but is there something more proactive?

Thanks in advance!

what is the diff of 'fans' vs ''friends'

....thanks for the heads up on getting 'friends' on facebook.

When I first signed up, there was the 'fan' page.

After I tweaked some settings the 'fan' page was gone and the 'friend' page popped up. What's up with that?

a, thanks again for the heads up.

Fans are just people who are fans of your page...friends are those who can see all that goes on and their network of friends can see what you do as well. It all depends on the settings a person chooses for their pages.

Fans are just people who are fans of your page...friends are those who can see all that goes on and their network of friends can see what you do as well. It all depends on the settings a person chooses for their pages.

can you have both? 'fans' and 'friends' or just 1 of the 2?

...gotta go learn those settings, I guess.

What % of fchatters you think have a facebook or myspace listing?

Status
Not open for further replies.