FC Directory and Memberlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how I found it!

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I have been trying for an hour to figure out how to enter my information and can't get it. I can find the directory for other Wisconsin florists, but HOW do I enter my own information? Seriously, I have been clicking on every drop down menu and my user profile and can't find a place to give my info!!!!

I'm gonna go in and edit my description to add in that info.

OK then, put my mouse on the SEARCH category.

Scroll down to the SEARCH DIRECTORY and click on that.

Enter in my USER NAME, scroll down and click on SEARCH NOW.

At the Link Name and Description, click my mouse on my shop name, scroll down and click View Link Details.

Scroll down and click on EDIT at the bottom right side of my screen.

And that's where I can enter in all of the zips, towns, and cities I'm able to service.

Once I've down that, folks can do search the directory and those zips, towns, and cities, all become KEYWORDS.

Got it now! Just gotta do it.

Wonder if you can provide us with one of the drop down edit options.

I've looked around, but can't seem to find the one that takes me to the DESCRIPTION other than the way I found it.

Thanks TOTO, just finished mine.

It kicked me out a few times but I got in finally, then it was simple.
Be careful it only takes 1,000 characters, so if you serve a lot of small towns count the characters before, or you'll have to start over.

Carolyn

Reactions: TOTO

I've looked around, but can't seem to find the one that takes me to the DESCRIPTION other than the way I found it.
From the "Features Tab" select "Directory"... and "Submit a Link" (see image).

Once you have entered your stuff in this area, you can edit it by finding your listing in the directory, and clicking on your shop name and editing the data.

Attachments

• FCD.png
    FCD.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: TOTO and sandytf
Toto-thanks for the instructions-but when I put my user name in, nothing comes up. I was finally able to submit my information using Boss's way. Thank you. It's not exactly user friendly, though.

Reactions: 1 person
Is there a way for us freelancers who don't OWN a shop to list ourselves?

Only if you have a retail location and a website.

Toto-thanks for the instructions-but when I put my user name in, nothing comes up. I was finally able to submit my information using Boss's way. Thank you. It's not exactly user friendly, though.

You're right, it's really not as nice to use as I would like. There is an aspect of cost:benefit involved at the moment. The software was the best available at the time it was implemented, and the directory has now become recognized as a local citation in Google Maps. Changing it now risks (at least in the short term) the strength we've built. It will also require a few days work to move to a different platform and with the current rate of adoption amongst florists I don't know that it's worth it. There are better uses for our time.

Perhaps, if the directory required payment for inclusion, it might be worth more investment ... and maybe then more florists would take it seriously.

Ryan

Reactions: TOTO and sandytf
Giving myself a bump. I updated the zip codes and delivery towns yesterday and I don't see our listing in the directory this morning. Is this because one of the admin's has to review and update?

Also, in the area for reciprocrating link, Does one put in their own website address there?

Thanks, Mike

Now, That's what I'm Talking About!

From the "Features Tab" select "Directory"... and "Submit a Link" (see image).

Once you have entered your stuff in this area, you can edit it by finding your listing in the directory, and clicking on your shop name and editing the data.

Thanks Mark!

That was the ONE STEP I was looking for to allow us to edit in our Also-Served-By Zips codes or for others, create their own shop's description.

Same here, just went in to attempt an include of all "H" postal codes (not very search friendly) to our tags and now my listing is poof gone.

Ryan help!

As a side bar, I see some florists in this directory that I know are order gatherers... bad practice etc... is this kosher or should they be reported somehow?

Additions of new listings go to "moderation" prior to being listed. Likewise, when you edit a listing, it too gets kicked back into moderation for "checking" prior to being re-listed. (continuity and such, you understand)

As for the reciprocal link, do not worry about that, we are not using that feature.

HTH

Reactions: mikec
How long does it take to show up? I entered mine a couple days ago. Also, when I go to the Features drop down and do the directory search and click on WI florists, nothing shows up. If I go through the Search drop down and click on the same thing-3 WI florists show up? I don't get it.

Only if you have a retail location and a website.

You're right, it's really not as nice to use as I would like. There is an aspect of cost:benefit involved at the moment. The software was the best available at the time it was implemented, and the directory has now become recognized as a local citation in Google Maps. Changing it now risks (at least in the short term) the strength we've built. It will also require a few days work to move to a different platform and with the current rate of adoption amongst florists I don't know that it's worth it. There are better uses for our time.

Perhaps, if the directory required payment for inclusion, it might be worth more investment ... and maybe then more florists would take it seriously.

Ryan

Doubt this very much.....there would be a whole lot of cynics trying to figure out why they should pay and what you are up to, it would probably hinder membership and then people would want all kinds of gaurantees...

Doubt this very much.....there would be a whole lot of cynics trying to figure out why they should pay and what you are up to, it would probably hinder membership and then people would want all kinds of gaurantees...
I would think he would be up to drive more traffic to local florist. Providing a quality inbound link to your web site. A better directory would be well worth it. Keep in my the order gathers spend considerable money to get a customer. Florist pay a hefty fee on each incoming. It would be far cheaper to advertise in a quality directory.

Reactions: mikec, CHR and BOSS
I would think he would be up to drive more traffic to local florist. Providing a quality inbound link to your web site. A better directory would be well worth it. Keep in my the order gathers spend considerable money to get a customer. Florist pay a hefty fee on each incoming. It would be far cheaper to advertise in a quality directory.
Thanks, David....

This is the very reason for the directory on the Real Florist Blog too, connecting florists and consumers directly, as well as the link juice that it generates to boost local listings in the SERPs...

It takes considerable time to maintain and update these two quality directories, all done free. I'm amazed more folks do not take advantage of the potential help they get for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.