Status
Not open for further replies.

inferno63

Jul 16, 2007
Waynesfield
www.kbgardens.com
State / Prov
Ohio
I like to come here to find florists to work with on the occasion a customer wants me to place their order out of town. But the directory here is very small in comparison to the memberlist. The memberlist is not searchable by city/state or zip and I have tried a "city/state" and "city" search in directory and it comes up "no matches" yet if I dig and go through all pages in a state, I sometimes find florists in that city. It would be great if we could use the directory to search cities and also it would be helpful to search the memberlist by florist name and location also since not everyone has included themselves in the directory.

Opinions are welcomed.

Reactions: sandytf
Search by Zip codes would be great!

I too check at FC when I'm looking for a REAL FLORIST to handle our outgoing orders through IFA.

Sometimes, I wind up doing 2 searchs for the State Field since some shops enter in NY while others enter in New York.

In a few other cases, the florist never filled in the State Field and put their State in with their Address.

A search by ZIP CODE would help and even an ehanced zip code search where the FC shop could enter in their Also-Served Zip codes.

Reactions: inferno63
I ran a couple searches just to make sure everything was working properly, and it appears to be...

The thing is, the Membership Directory is dependent on members submitting their information, it is NOT automatic upon FC registration.(Some folks, for what ever reason do not want to be listed) We only list those who have submitted their information, so you will probably find many holes...

Zip Code Search

John, this too works just fine, but it is dependent on folks entering their data as well.

Try a directory search for 48640 and you'll see what I mean.

Boss,

I am feeling a bit dense here. Where are you searching for zip codes? Are you entering a zip in the "keywords" field?
Yes........after you click the search button within the directory itself, not the regular main search from the drop down menu.

OK, now I see where you've added your zips!

John, this too works just fine, but it is dependent on folks entering their data as well.

Try a directory search for 48640 and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks Boss!

Now I see where you've added your also served by zips.

It became part of your DESCRIPTION info and tags.

http://www.flowerchat.com/links/mic...and-gifts-2/?catid=searchresults&searchid=324

I'm gonna go in and edit my description to add in that info.

OK then, put my mouse on the SEARCH category.

Scroll down to the SEARCH DIRECTORY and click on that.

Enter in my USER NAME, scroll down and click on SEARCH NOW.

At the Link Name and Description, click my mouse on my shop name, scroll down and click View Link Details.

Scroll down and click on EDIT at the bottom right side of my screen.

And that's where I can enter in all of the zips, towns, and cities I'm able to service.

Once I've down that, folks can do search the directory and those zips, towns, and cities, all become KEYWORDS.

Got it now! Just gotta do it.

Wonder if you can provide us with one of the drop down edit options.

I've looked around, but can't seem to find the one that takes me to the DESCRIPTION other than the way I found it.

I check the directory often when someone wants me to send flowers. I am astounded that more people don't have their shops listed.

I would consider this one of the huge benefits of belonging to Flower chat. Is there anything we can do to encourage more of our members to join this directory. I see no downside to it...only a win, win.
Carol Bice

Reactions: David
I check the directory often when someone wants me to send flowers. I am astounded that more people don't have their shops listed.

I would consider this one of the huge benefits of belonging to Flower chat. Is there anything we can do to encourage more of our members to join this directory. I see no downside to it...only a win, win.
Carol Bice
Carol,

I view it as a barometer of how many florists are serious about succeeding in business. Those who can't be bothered to get two quality links (directory and RF Blog) for free just really aren't playing for keeps.

Ryan

Is there a way for us freelancers who don't OWN a shop to list ourselves?

Carol,

I view it as a barometer of how many florists are serious about succeeding in business. Those who can't be bothered to get two quality links (directory and RF Blog) for free just really aren't playing for keeps.

Ryan
Ryan, I so totally agree with your thinking. It is a barometer of those serious about succeeding and playing for keeps. This is one reason so many fail in this industry and life.

Carol Bice

Reactions: bloomz
Couldn't agree more. This industry is littered with missed opportunities...

Working on my presentation for symposium. Found florists who've won national awards with almost nothing unique about their companies to back it up on their websites. No photos, nothing.... Can't tell them from a garden variety OG using a WS template.

The Wikipedia page on Floral Design is the prime example of a business category uncared for, unloved and completely disengaged from the internet.

It's just a shame.....

guilty, guilty, guilty. Not to make excuses but I really have trouble following directions. Especially with computer stuff. I keep telling myself - "you have to get with it to survive" but i'd rather do anything else.

Reactions: 1 person
I was in the directory and now I'm not?
I went in there to update my cities etc. and can't find me under my FC name, city or Ferrari Florist.
How can I get back in?
Thanks,
Sharon

Carol,

Ryan

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I have been trying for an hour to figure out how to enter my information and can't get it. I can find the directory for other Wisconsin florists, but HOW do I enter my own information? Seriously, I have been clicking on every drop down menu and my user profile and can't find a place to give my info!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.