Feedback On Background

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of logo repetition, but it looks busy under words and text on your site. I would make it lighter in color, so it's more sublte. But I do like that idea.

tracy

I am with Tracy. I think if you made it really really light, and less repetitive it would be okay. It is distracting from the other words in the nav bar the way it is.

:)

Lighter "ghost"

Clay your off my friends list.
Just kidding:)

Yes it is busy. But the idea I like. I am trying to work on the image stil so I'll try to lighen it up and see.

Thanks Tracy
What??? no more surprise visits to your flower shop?

Yea, I believe more of a lighter "ghost" (what my graphic guy calls it anyway) of it would be more soothing and reader friendly.

... lighter "ghost" (what my graphic guy calls it anyway)
Excellent way to describe that! Exactly what I meant, just a whisper of the wording.
tracy

I tried all kinds of backgrounds (by the way Pat's Web Graphics has awesome stuff http://www.patswebgraphics.com/CD6.html)
and a friend told me nicely that they just didn't fly. A clean look seems to be more productive and professional. An example of a clean look I consider to be iflorist.com - very nice tight clean site.

I still use some of Pat's stuff (she has hundreds of florals) on my ereceipts and decons but not on my web site.

Me too with the either wash it out til you can hardly see it or lose it.

JMO

regards

Looking for some feed back on the background image

Thanks

http://www.everydayflowers.net/index8

Wow, big time distracting for me. I'm partially colourblind so I had a real hard time making out what some of the text in the left hand columns said. Given my choice, stick with a plain background or if you must, use a faint background or watermark style logo.

Audra

Eric, take if from someone who has and is learning the lessons of "readability" the hard way...it's not working on your demo page.

The only way it *might* work is to use photoshop, make it transparent, then bevel it, so it looks like it was "stamped" into the page....but why distract from your great flower pics?

I agree with everyone here. Hurry change it!

Your website ------> :kuddle: <------- Cleaner look

Look, even the emoticons agree! :)

I see you didn't take my adive about your flash either... oh well. :hammer:

Its just a test page so the site dosen't have the background in it.

You still don't like my flash? I can't tell you how many of our customers are loving the quick run through of some of our flower arrangements. I am really working on the graphics of the site and trying to come up with something a little more appealing to our customers. So far the feedback has been great so sorry mr B the flash is here to stay.

Thanks for calling me Mr. B :) I feel so old.

Hey I never said I didn't like the flash! Flash rocks! Go back and read my post: http://flowerchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7862

Your SWF file contains that text, remove the text and put it in your HTML as a head <h1> or <h2> *good for SEO*. You are wasting content real estate for spiders to pick up, because they can't read your .swf file.

;)

Use a table to add the "flash animation" and a row above and a column on the side to add your text.

Status
Not open for further replies.