Status
Not open for further replies.

clay

Aug 12, 2004
Victoria
www.mcadamsfloral.com
State / Prov
TX
I am getting a little bored with my current website colors that I had for a while and would like to change them after Mother's Day. Just wondering what everone's thoughts are on the new, more decorator, colors. Still have some "Feature" hot pink wording to change out and the banner would be revised to take in the new colors....but let me know what you think, good or bad.
Thanks, Clay

forgot the ***** image

clay said:
I am getting a little bored with my current website colors that I had for a while and would like to change them after Mother's Day. Just wondering what everone's thoughts are on the new, more decorator, colors. Still have some "Feature" hot pink wording to change out and the banner would be revised to take in the new colors....but let me know what you think, good or bad.
Thanks, Clay

OK....I forgot the **** image. Clay

clay said:
Thanks, Clay

I like the new colours.....but would keep the old backgound colour, I think the new one is too blaah........JMO

I like how the banner image pops but wonder how the overall color will look year-round. Your current colors suit the spring/summer season well although the flowers could be amped up IMO.

Have you considered letting the image 'escape' a bit outside the frame to give a more three-dimensional look?

One question about the site not related to color scheme - What made you choose to present the thumbnails on your category pages in those sizes and in two rows of 5? The thumbnails look to be mostly 75 X 100's.

In comparison, 1800's are 110 X 100, FTD's are 120 X 120, and TF's are 170 X 138. FTD and 1800 display in 3 rows of 4 while TF uses 4 rows of 3.

Just curious... :)

CHR said:
800's are 110 X 100, FTD's are 120 X 120, and TF's are 170 X 138. FTD and 1800 display in 3 rows of 4 while TF uses 4 rows of 3.

Making notes :)

I like that light green and agree with BBJ. I like the new banner better though. I agree with Kathy, the images need to be bigger. 3 across is what I would suggest, that way they can be bigger. At epic, which is still up *sigh* we used 170x190. You can see that size here: www.epicflowers.com.

I think your page is too busy. And in the bottom left, where you say you proudly serve " the names of the towns you deliver too "link those to their apporpiate city homepage" Like this: Victoria Texas

GL Clay! :)

Clay big thumbs up from me. The banner up top really catches my eye and I think that is the effect you are looking for. The product that you decide to feature on the front page should have the same effect because you don't want your customers buying the banner :)

blaa background color

BBJ (Big Bad John) said:
I like the new colours.....but would keep the old backgound colour, I think the new one is too blaah........JMO

I agree, not fond of the background color also. Playing around with others to see how it ALL looks together. Reworking on the banner to pick up some of the new colors and finishing removing some of the last fushia pink from the feature copy.

I agree with Cathy, not really a "spring" look.....will try using this color combo in the fall.

Yep, going to change this

CHR said:
I like how the banner image pops but wonder how the overall color will look year-round. Your current colors suit the spring/summer season well although the flowers could be amped up IMO.

Have you considered letting the image 'escape' a bit outside the frame to give a more three-dimensional look?

One question about the site not related to color scheme - What made you choose to present the thumbnails on your category pages in those sizes and in two rows of 5? The thumbnails look to be mostly 75 X 100's.

In comparison, 1800's are 110 X 100, FTD's are 120 X 120, and TF's are 170 X 138. FTD and 1800 display in 3 rows of 4 while TF uses 4 rows of 3.

Cathy, not sure how we got to 5 images across that contributed to the smaller than average size. Got with Brent, and we are going to change this to 4 across closer to 110 x 120 (FTD). When you click on the image in that page "line up", the shopping cart page has a 225 x 300 product image, and even that can be enlarged to 375 x 500 on the newer product images that I have entered. The next "enlargement" would be an item that we will call "Feature Enlargement", where you could take a close up picture of the bird/nest/eggs...or any other main feature of the arrangement....and itself could be enlarged.

Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.