Florist 2.0 - The Next Step in Floral Ecommerce

Thank you for voicing your concerns and giving us a chance to address them.

I really have to say it is quite hypocritical to be able to advertise yourself and not allow anyone else with a viable product to solicit the FlowerChat members.??

There is no hypocrisy here. FlowerChat is our site, funded primarily from our resources. I see no problem in promoting a service we offer.

All vendors who are members of FlowerChat may post about their services, within reason. We do not allow cold-calling via phone, email or private message, as members are here to learn and network, not to be solicited.

There are several companies on FC who also produce websites: Digital Thoughts, Media99, FSN, FTD, TF, Sunflower Productions - and I know I'm missing more.

What is up with the broadcast e-mail about the EZFlowershop sites or Phillip Murphy? Honestly, his stuff is way more cost effective than the strider stuff which does not seem to do anything anyone asks about from what I can tell.

I love the name dropping :) We never mentioned the name of the company or the service Phil is promoting. We simply clarified that Phil is not a part of the FlowerChat community, he is not endorsed by FC and encouraged our members to exercise discernment in every business deal with all vendors.

Flowerchat reminds me of FTD or somn'...you know "we can do it, but you can't".

Well ... what can I say to that? If you don't like it here, don't let the door hit you :)

Extremely self serving to Strider and not the Flower Chat community? Really leaving a bad taste in my mouth. All you have to do is not endorse anyone exclusively.

See above - we welcome all vendors who act with integrity within our community. We believe that florists are smart enough to choose based on their own deliberations and experience. We just provide a forum for communication. Phil was a member here, for a time, and mightily abused that membership. Hence, he is no longer welcome, under any alias.

The Flower Chat community should be more open minded and I am really dissapointed in Ryan whoever he is?

I'm sorry to hear that. However, if we tried to please everyone, this place would implode :) As such, the membership is largely governed by majority rule.

My EZFlowerShop works for the most part and it occasionally does have issues, but as an ex-Cisco Certified Network Architecht, A+ certified and as a Desktop Engineer in Information Technology..all technology breaks! All! And you fix it and it will break again one day. the work Phil has done was done many years ago and he laid the foundation for what many today copy template and concept wise out and out.

I'm happy for you. If you have a solution that works, I congratulate you and wish you much success.

As for Phil inspiring templates and concepts? I'll reserve comment.

I really wish as a community we could support each other and learn off of what eachother has to offer.

That's what we're here for - not to be hijacked and solicited to.

That is kind of slander like in a way and he has been very helpful to me within my budget and our site has really taken off and I can change it on the fly drastically.

Slander? Nothing of the sort. We don't endorse him. He is not a part of the community. Nothing slanderous there.

Ryan

Reactions: 1 person
aw, Ryan, just say it "I own it and I'm the Boss of it"
:bangles:

Thank you for voicing your concerns and giving us a chance to address them.

There is no hypocrisy here. FlowerChat is our site, funded primarily from our resources. I see no problem in promoting a service we offer.

All vendors who are members of FlowerChat may post about their services, within reason. We do not allow cold-calling via phone, email or private message, as members are here to learn and network, not to be solicited.

There are several companies on FC who also produce websites: Digital Thoughts, Media99, FSN, FTD, TF, Sunflower Productions - and I know I'm missing more.

I love the name dropping :) We never mentioned the name of the company or the service Phil is promoting. We simply clarified that Phil is not a part of the FlowerChat community, he is not endorsed by FC and encouraged our members to exercise discernment in every business deal with all vendors.

Well ... what can I say to that? If you don't like it here, don't let the door hit you :)

See above - we welcome all vendors who act with integrity within our community. We believe that florists are smart enough to choose based on their own deliberations and experience. We just provide a forum for communication. Phil was a member here, for a time, and mightily abused that membership. Hence, he is no longer welcome, under any alias.

I'm sorry to hear that. However, if we tried to please everyone, this place would implode :) As such, the membership is largely governed by majority rule.

I'm happy for you. If you have a solution that works, I congratulate you and wish you much success.

As for Phil inspiring templates and concepts? I'll reserve comment.

That's what we're here for - not to be hijacked and solicited to.

Slander? Nothing of the sort. We don't endorse him. He is not a part of the community. Nothing slanderous there.

Ryan

I think Rluceroism pretty much got:

+5iui866Hoy9ZcfpO4Y9sXtcxeEdFmmm0140.jpg

The Flower Chat community should be more open minded and I am really dissapointed in Ryan whoever he is?
Dude...chill!

For the record, FlowerChat is about the most open online community there is, we let you in didn't we?

As for your "disappointment in Ryan"... "whoever he is"....again for the record...Ryan owns Strider...and Strider owns FlowerChat... don't you feel stoooopid now?

And also, again, for the record...there are many other web site developers who are members here...mine for instance Digital Thoughts Interactive... no harm no foul...but Phil was just fowl...is that you Phil? lol

First things first....I know I'm a newbie; I know I don't own a flower shop: I know I am the "StriderWife".

That being said I cannot let this thread continue without my 2 cents.

Ryan is a good many things. Hypocrite is not one of them. Self serving is again, not one of them.

Ryan was raised in a flower shop and (like his grandfather; Bill Martin) has a desire for this industry to thrive. That is why he created FlowerChat in the first place. It was not made so that he could sell websites. Ryan wanted a place where florists could share ideas and opinions without the malice that he had seen in other forums.

Ryan has always held the opinion that each florist needs to find the best technology for them. If that happens to be a Strider designed site great...but that might not always be the case. If you have found something that works for you good.

F.Y.I - I am sure that the FlowerChat community is fully aware of who Ryan is and what he stands for.

Reactions: 2 people
Sometimes I read and shake my head. You will never meet another person who is more committed to helping anyone who asks than Ryan. And most of the time there is nothing for him to gain! I love an open forum, but we should all do our homework before we make statements about a persons character!
So, back to the original post about the Floral Summit........who is going???
Or am I just going to get to be surprised!

Commentary

First things first....I know I'm a newbie; I know I don't own a flower shop: I know I am the "StriderWife".

That being said I cannot let this thread continue without my 2 cents.

Ryan is a good many things. Hypocrite is not one of them. Self serving is again, not one of them.

Ryan was raised in a flower shop and (like his grandfather; Bill Martin) has a desire for this industry to thrive. That is why he created FlowerChat in the first place. It was not made so that he could sell websites. Ryan wanted a place where florists could share ideas and opinions without the malice that he had seen in other forums.

Ryan has always held the opinion that each florist needs to find the best technology for them. If that happens to be a Strider designed site great...but that might not always be the case. If you have found something that works for you good.

F.Y.I - I am sure that the FlowerChat community is fully aware of who Ryan is and what he stands for.

Words well spoken by a well admired lady ! Kudos to Ryan.

Looks like I missed this post by "Rluceroism". It seems that if this isn't Phlop then "Rluceroism" certainly is on the Phlopish side :>