Florist Blogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just checking the links on our blog and noticed that some blogs on the florist blog don't open up when i click on them It says that I have to log in to view the page.

If I take the link and paste it in a new window it opens fine so I know the link is good.

Whats up?

That was my bad. I cranked down a little too much on the comment/trackback/pingback/referral SPAM filter. We're approaching 750,000 page views per month, and the spammers have been taking notice. It kicks back a 403 error when the filter is tripped. I've loosened it up a bit.

Simply......AMAZING!

It's all because of you, Cathy, Erlene, Sher, Vince, Lisa and everyone else who posts great content on the site. Looks like a slow month, though--traffic will be just over 500,000 page views this month, but visitors are up to 99,810.

Crap. Cranked up the spam filter a little too high--it kicks back a 403 to mess with the spambots. Sorry about that. I've backed it down a bit.

I have been working on my blog and in the photo section see a spot for Search Meta Description and Search Meta Keywords. I could use some suggestions on what to add and in what format. I use www.floristsblogs.com

Both should just be entered as plain text--don't add any of the HTML tags. The software takes care of that.

If you had one or two sentences (roughly 40 words), what would you say about your business to someone who had never heard of you but wanted to spend a load of money on flowers? That's what you should put in the meta description. The meta description is used by some search engines, instead of displaying snipptes of text around the search terms. The meta description is also used by directories, such as the Yahoo directory. The meta description doesn't play a significant role in search engine rankings any more, so there's no reason to stuff it full of key words. You want to use this to sell your business.

Meta keywords are a comma separated list of key words that relate to your business. I'm sure there's guidance as to the recommended number of key words you should use; I'm not creative enough to come up with more than 20 or so anyway. Include major city names you deliver to, and product lines you want to emphasize (weddings, bridal bouquet, roses, prom corsages, funeral flowers, ...).

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.