Not open for further replies.

Eric S

Demoted Webmaster
Jul 12, 2005
Tustin
www.everydayflowers.net
State / Prov
CA
Is there a way that we can start a list of florist blogg links? Would it help all of us if we were to add the links to our bloggs? I have only been able to come up with a few that have linked to our blogg. If you think it would benefit each other lets start a list here.

Here is ours

http://everydayflowers.blogspot.com/

Reactions: 1 person
clay said:
The Real Florist Blog link is broken for me....might want to check on that.

Nice blog....hopefully it will inspire me to get going on one myself.

Clay,
Check your bookmark, Infinite changed the url ages ago...
Hope this helps...

Real Florist Blog
http://realflorists.flowerchat.com/

Eric S said:
Is there a way that we can start a list of florist blogg links? Would it help all of us if we were to add the links to our bloggs? I have only been able to come up with a few that have linked to our blogg. If you think it would benefit each other lets start a list here.

Here is ours

http://everydayflowers.blogspot.com/

Yes, exchanging links will help the ranking...

As I have said before, for the best ranking advantage, be a guest writer for other blogs. Post your article on their blog, then link back to your blog or website. (linking to both in the same article is OK, just link in different parts of the article)

Examples:
http://realflorists.flowerchat.com/index.php/a/2006/03/

Find Rich's article "Butterfly Wrist Corsage" and your article "Florist Delivered Tulips." Notice how we linked back to your website or blog.

If you are writing an article for a non floral blogs, remember to keep the theme of the blog in your article. Example, blogs for senior adults could be about "How sending flowers have changed thru the years" or "What can you give an older person".

BIG HINT: We are always looking for articles for the Real Florist Blog...

Got something you want to tell the world? The blogs of some florists are really taking off in terms of trusted content on Google.

The #1 results for Florist Complaints, Florist Tulip and Alstroemeria Allergy, and Mom's Flower Style all came from FC associated blogs.

I have particularly enjoyed blogging at Rich's www.floristblogs.com/blogs/
since there are several of us to keep the content fresh. Just finished posting a follow-up to Bloomery's "Why We Call the Recipients First" and added some So Cal challenges to their list.

Customer have enjoyed the stories featuring their flowers, too.

A special thanks to the FC'ers for contributing to the blog here. Each member can add to it and I hope more do.

Blogs are a great way to share information about your business and the industry in general. Nice that search engines think we're saying something worth reading. :)

Forget to add some of the other florist and flower blogs I know about -

http://www.humanflowerproject.com
Simply the best at describing the impact of flowers on cultures across the world. Julie's writing (and passion) is a joy to behold.

http://www.blog.amystewart.com/
Includes a number of articles about flower issues. Current discussion touches on her upcoming book about the floral industry.

http://www.theflowerpot.com/blog_en/
Written by a Montreal florist.

http://blog.serenataflowers.com/
Manchester, UK florist. (I believe Tim Huckabee is a consultant for them.)

florarose.com/blog (cut and paste the URL if you want to see this one) - OG blogging about "Life from the flowershop" Sure.

Anybody who's writing one or knows of other good (or not-so-good) blogs - please post 'em.

Moving this post up

Let see if we can get some more blogs posted here. Anytime I find another florist blog I always add a link back to it.

This plus posting on each other blogs is the key to bring these blogs up in the search results.

If anyone has a blog that I haven't added to our blog let me know. Also I will start posting more on others blogs. I have always been a little hesitate to do this since because of the compeditive nature of our business. But hey I don't have a problem with anyone posting with links back to their own blog.

Lets really get this going and see if we can really start helping each other out. If you haven't started your blog on flower chat get it going this summer. If you need help setting up one on blogger I am more then willing to help.

I think cathy has a great idea with adding reviews to other florist that you have sent orders to. We need to get off our butts and take advantage of networking links between ourselves. Adding reviews I think can give us all even more crediability to what we are trying to accomplish. Posting on blogs also helps each other find each other and helps increase our search results. Youtube is another way that we can link together. Adding your favorite videos related to other florist and floral industry related videos will also help your account on Youtube get the creditability.

I know it seems like its a lot of work but once you get the hang of it you will see how easy it really is.

In the past 30 days I have recieved more then 150 hits from our blog. Free hits with a very low 19% bouce rate. That means 81% of those visits continued on to other pages of the site and even placed orders.

The cost associated with any other refering site should be enough to encourage you to get your blog going.

Would someone help me out here... I just don't get blogs. I could understand if Einstein were writing one, I might read that. Why would anyone care what Jenny has to say from a flower shop in Scarborough, Maine? Yes, I'm an expert in my field - but Joe Schmoe in L.A. doesn't know that. What makes my opinion important? Forgive me if this sounds flip, I REALLY don't understand the marketing appeal of blogs. Thank you.

Would someone help me out here... I just don't get blogs. I could understand if Einstein were writing one, I might read that. Why would anyone care what Jenny has to say from a flower shop in Scarborough, Maine? Yes, I'm an expert in my field - but Joe Schmoe in L.A. doesn't know that. What makes my opinion important? Forgive me if this sounds flip, I REALLY don't understand the marketing appeal of blogs. Thank you.
Blogs do not have to be "technical" with regard to flowers only...

I use mine (although I have been lax of late) www.smithsblog.com to show off products, new items, news articles about our biz and other stuff.

Another big bonus, thats already been mentioned, is that a blog, linked to several more, and then linked to your store web site, will raise the relevance of your store site in search engine results...always a good thing...

Blogs are actually easier than a web site to work on and with, and generally less costly.

There are a couple "florist specific" blog platforms available, one here through RKF and one through floristblogs.com.

Mona -

Your blog would probably be best targeted to people in Scarborough or those wishing to send flowers to the Scarborough area.

A blog can establish conversations with customers and potential customers and display your authority on a variety of floral topics - design, service, weddings, events, holidays, shop or industry news, etc... That way Joe Schmoe from LA can read a bit about your company, it's ongoing efforts to stay on top of the field, and choose you to deliver his flowers in your town. :)

Moving From Another Thread

I am a bit insecure about my writing skills. I know that some people on this board have commented on my quips and phrases, but it is different when you are talking to people of your industry and not your potential customers. I would love a bit of how to info or some direction to it.

Lori i wouldn't worry about it. You just have to let it all out. I wouldn't take any Cr*p from anyone that has commented on your phrases. Nor would I let it detert me from doing what I need to do to get things done.

Talk about new products
This weeks special
This months special
Your events and weddings

You don't need to post everyday just once a week is good enough. Inlcude links back to your website. Upload pictures giving readers something to look at. Its been a little over a year since I started our blog and I have 116 post. Sometimes I go for two or three post a week. Sometimes once every two weeks.

Just add it to your daily list. You know the one says "visit flowerchat" first and then have "post on your blog" second.

I was just checking the links on our blog and noticed that some blogs on the florist blog don't open up when i click on them It says that I have to log in to view the page.

If I take the link and paste it in a new window it opens fine so I know the link is good.

Whats up?

Status
Not open for further replies.