FlowerChat Member Directory

Do you want to participate & be listed in the directory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This directory is a great idea! Our delivery fees also are prorated. We send many orders by IFA, but we would surely like to be a part of this.

I'm not really sure about the need for a wholesalers directory. Are we talking about "wholesalers" that sell directly to our customers?
Teleflora & FTD sell "wholesale" flowers but they also compete with Real Florist. Are they to be included if they choose to be listed?

Yes, I would love to be listed in it. I do have a request................ can we get ride of the snowy backdrop? It is spring and cold enough without having to look at that cold snow. Thank you!!!! steph

I think I understand everyones concerns regarding a "Directory" for "florists only"....

That said, I also feel that the consumer connection is as, if not more important allowing direct consumer to florist contact, while at the same time being a portal for florist to florist data flow.

The time associated with building a directory database is HUGE and the maintaining of such a database in MONSTEROUS, therefore if we do go down this road why not build the ultimate from the get go. This has been the thought for www.realflorist.com from the beginning, limited both by time available and my programming inefficiencies....

I envision a *multi-layer* search feature, where you could enter the zip, price, and a product like fruit (for lack of a better example) and the results would only retunr those florists that would take the order based on the criteria entered, eliminating the need to cal 2-3 until you find one that will accept the order.

A directory (site) database, that when a florist logs in to the site, they would have access to certain database information, while at the same time, a consumer searching from the **outside** would get great results but with limited information fields. Florist to florist contact requires more data than connecting consumers to florists. The future outlook seems to support the need for both! Why not build it once so we do not have to do this again in 2 years...

It seems to me we're almost going down the road of an "association" here...(or maybe I'm just wishful thinking)

This is not an easy undertaking....but one that is worthwhile for the future of OUR industry and being begun by OUR COMMUNITY leads me to believe that we will ALL benifit greatly from it's creation, and from doing it right the first time...

Theres my nickles worth, not that you asked for it, but then again, when has that ever stopped me...

To clear the snow, just scroll to the bottom left of this page and click on the arrow beside "---- Last Christmas" (or whatever skin you're currently viewing.) You'll see 'Quick Style Chooser' at the top of the scrolling menu and can then select the classic green FlowerChat look or a more contemporary Black and Gold skin.

HTH

BOSS said:
A directory (site) database, that when a florist logs into the site, they would have access to certain database information, while at the same time, a consumer searching from the **outside** would get great results but with limited information fields. Florist to florist contact requires more data than connecting consumers to florists. The future outlook seems to support the need for both! Why not build it once so we do not have to do this again in 2 years...

It seems to me we're almost going down the road of an "association" here...(or maybe I'm just wishful thinking)

Can't improve on that! It will make it work for everyone. Assuming a fee would need to be involved. Just the word association brings back many fond memories of a day long gone and very missed. Wishful thinking here too BOSS!

I for one do not understand a lot about the behind the scenes aspect of computering. I have a back door site I use to work on our website and that's the extent of my behind the scenes experience. I'm sure there are many here along with me that appreciate the time spent on a project like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.