FlowerChat User Blogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks

I created the categories but couldn't figure out how to move the post to the category.

Thanks again

Eric,

When you are creating a new blog there is a box below that says "additional options" just tick the category that you would like the blog to be included in. :)

If you want to move an already created entry into a category just click on the little pencil icon at the bottom of the blog post and then follow the steps above :)

Look out here I come.

I am going to blog soon, but I am really going to control myself, this could be a really good thing.

Thanks to the amazing FC admin team for doing this for us.

Peace Profound and Cosmic Blessings to you all.

Doug

Looking forward to your posts, Doug.. but I was kinda hoping for Hatcher Unleashed. ;)

A couple other tips for FC bloggers:

If you're going to write about your shop, check the avatar to make sure it reflects well on your business. *cough* Prestonway *cough* :>

Tag your posts by topic/category so they'll be easier to sort and search later. To create a new tag/topic/category:

- go to 'My Blog'
- select 'Blog Control Panel' (menu on left side of screen under 'Options')
- select 'Blog Categories' under 'Blog Control Panel'
- select 'Add New Blog Category'
- Create a title and category description. (Leave the 'parent category' box 'as is' unless you are familiar with creating hierarchical topical structures.)
- Click 'Save changes'
- Add categories as needed

Here are a few suggestions for categories
"Your Flower Shop Name" News
"Florist News"
"Consumer News"
"Weddings"
"Holidays"
"Flower Care Tips"

It's generally better to add categories as needed rather than having them sit empty. Posts can be tagged with more than one topic (i.e. an article about your shop winning a booth display award at a wedding show could be tagged "weddgings" and "Your Flower Shop Name" News.)

Great to see the posting of both articles and comments. :)

If you're going to write about your shop, check the avatar to make sure it reflects well on your business. *cough* Prestonway *cough* :

Actually having been to Frank's shop I can say it's really not too far off. (jokes!!!)

Frank and Dale run a solid outfit - with an outside the box sense of humour that may be well suited by that avatar. I sure had a lot of laughs that week!

Ryan

Actually having been to Frank's shop I can say it's really not too far off. (jokes!!!)

Frank and Dale run a solid outfit - with an outside the box sense of humour that may be well suited by that avatar. I sure had a lot of laughs that week!

Ryan

As did we Ryan, but enuf of black humour...

I've finally succumbed to the pressure (especially since the blog is public & not restricted to fellow florists), and changed my butt-cheek avatar. It was simply self-deprecating humour, but oh so close to reality.

Thanks for the reminder Cathy...the avatar was fun while it lasted tho!

OK - so you swapped a crack up for a 5 o'clock shadow.

No pressure here. If your customers recognized those rosie cheeks, ya shoulda left it the way it wuz. (I just wanted you to be aware that non-florists could see it without a rear view mirror.) :tongue

I kinda liked the idea of giving Frank a little "cheek tweak" every now & then!!:poke:

Status
Not open for further replies.