FREE Card Ads from TF!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock

Oct 31, 2002
Somewhere
State / Prov
Edge of the World
Had a call from TF telemarketers today telling me I was selected to receive a FREE card ad for Feb-Apr; WHATEVER SIZE I WANTED, EVEN A FULL COLUMN, FREE ?!!! Wow, I felt so special I didn't know what to say!! I was asured that my only TF competitor was not getting the same offer!! I was not only speechless but also dumbfounded. I couldn't believe that mighty TF wanted to give me a FREE ad, for three whole months too. Well, as it turned out my speechlessness cost me; I said, "give me your phone number and I'll call you back shortly". "Oh I'm sorry this offer is good only for this phone call". "Well, I'm sorry missy, if you're going to be that reasonable then I don't want you FREE ad!" "What, sir but it's FREE, and only to you". LOL
I think I'll call my competitor (a few towns away) and see if they offered him the same deal!!!!!!! (Laughing out loud even louder!!!!!!!)
Just curious, how many people reading this were offered FREE card ads, any size your little heart desiressssssssss.............
trying to be #2 !@#$% disturber
Rock on...........

Originally posted by Rock
Had a call from TF telemarketers today telling me I was selected to receive a FREE card ad for Feb-Apr; WHATEVER SIZE I WANTED, EVEN A FULL COLUMN, FREE ?!!! Wow, I felt so special I didn't know what to say!! I was asured that my only TF competitor was not getting the same offer!! I was not only speechless but also dumbfounded. I couldn't believe that mighty TF wanted to give me a FREE ad, for three whole months too. Well, as it turned out my speechlessness cost me; I said, "give me your phone number and I'll call you back shortly". "Oh I'm sorry this offer is good only for this phone call". "Well, I'm sorry missy, if you're going to be that reasonable then I don't want you FREE ad!" "What, sir but it's FREE, and only to you". LOL
I think I'll call my competitor (a few towns away) and see if they offered him the same deal!!!!!!! (Laughing out loud even louder!!!!!!!)
Just curious, how many people reading this were offered FREE card ads, any size your little heart desiressssssssss.............
trying to be #2 !@#$% disturber
Rock on...........

Hey Rock:

If every Florist gets a full page, it would increase the size of the directory. A new creative way to increase the directory again. Perhaps that's a way to make up for wanting to give you a free subscription of Floral Finance. Ask them to go one better, ask for a backcover, they used to do backcovers and inside covers. Lougheeds had them for dozens of years.

Rock.....yep I got the call too, but don't need to get excited about it, as many large corperations do the same kind of advertising. Sears is great at this they call me at least 4 times a year to offer free life insurance for 3 months......only one catch with this kind of stuff, and that's that you have to keep on your toes and mark your calendar with the date you have to call to cancel the ad or policy!!!

Peter, They gave me a free 2 months of Floral Finance and retail Florist and then proceded to bill me after the 2 months were up. The only trouble with that is they forgot to ask if I wanted a subscription; they've already cancelled one charge and will be cancelling the other shortly. Don't want any card ads, free or not; 800Flowers already knows where to find me unfortunately; sent them on a wild goose chase just earlier tonight.

Hey BJ, don't get me wrong; I usually don't mind getting Freebies BUT I detest this negative billing thing that seems to be the latest favourite of telemarketers.

Yup, I got the offer also. But like BBJ says, you gotta watch the dates so you don't get billed. Personally I don't care, if they want to put the add in, they can. But I'm not paying for it.

Jim

Freebies and other stuff!

Originally posted by Rock
Peter, They gave me a free 2 months of Floral Finance and retail Florist and then proceded to bill me after the 2 months were up. The only trouble with that is they forgot to ask if I wanted a subscription; they've already cancelled one charge and will be cancelling the other shortly. Don't want any card ads, free or not; 800Flowers already knows where to find me unfortunately; sent them on a wild goose chase just earlier tonight.

I talked to one TF florist who they called no less than 4 times, The Florist later told me, they finally had to call someone higher up to get the calls stopped. If memory serves me, the supervisor at TF last's name was Rice. Doing the negative billing isn't the way to gain readership. One magazine I like is Florists Review.

800Flowers might get a clue sometime, it would be interesting to find out actually many times a order has to be send out before it's filled. If the majority of shops send them on wild goose chases, that truly must cost them big time. Of course McCann has some poor Florists in the US filling his orders in his Bloomnet etc, hope some of those people soon see the difference.

Peter

negative billimg

Boys , this is Canada , don't you all remember the law, Unless you okay a charge , negative billing is illegal. can't you remember the S**T created by the cable companies when they just up their rates without informing or giving you the option out. I already went down this road 2-3 years back with FTD when they shipped
X-mas containers after being told no , we don't want them , I got the containers for $00.00 after consumer and corporate affairs gave marketplace a call . Plus they haven't pulled that stunt since, if its a problem just sic the FEDS on them. The act is " The unsolicted goods and services act of 1973" .

Ahhh .... Memories of In Bloom.

I wound up getting them for free - which would have been nice if they had actually sold.

By the time you figure the labour involved in covering all the .com and 1-800 ads I lost money on those magazines.

When I got them the first time I placed them where they belonged, in the dumpster and refused the next couple of shipments til the message got through , we didn't want them . Never paid 5 cents for them either.

I had 2 calls on the same subject and advice both of them I was not interested. THey are hoping to give you free for three months and hoping you will forget to cancel before it is due and then get at least three months of extra cost out of you.
I hate tactics like that. I would not pull a stunt like thta to my customers, why do they do it to theirs?
Luc

Curious. FTD called me today, offering a free card ad through Mothers' Day. We didn't talk about size. We just talked about
"no."

Don't tell ME....

TF would'nt do THAT...or would they....

BOTH companies are hungry and greedy.......and I said THAT !

Its time for a "Florists Telethon" to EDUCATE our compadres...

Originally posted by BOSS
Don't tell ME....

TF would'nt do THAT...or would they....

BOTH companies are hungry and greedy.......and I said THAT !

Its time for a "Florists Telethon" to EDUCATE our compadres...

Easy - TELL EVERYONE (florist) YOU KNOW ABOUT .....

drum roll please .....

FlowerChat.com - The Online Floral Community!!!!!

free card ads TF

i received "THE CALL" too and have already written down on the calendar the date to call back....with the extension number of the person who signed me up as well.....in truth i am REALLY a skeptic.....

One idea would be to accept the ad, and the next day send a fax / merc / dove / letter / pigeon / fox / email / stone tablet to head office requesting cancellation after that directory issue.

That would work but...

these days I hesitate to go out after even more orders I get paid less than 70% for. This "negative option marketing" is just the latest technique in the wire services' toolkit. Desperate times call for desperate methods I suppose. But I really do not like the current business practices of companies I once completely respected. I see some very hard decisions ahead of me!

And GET THIS...

when I attempted to control my incoming by REDUCING my paid for coverage areas, TF doinked me for a "Ad Change Charge" and THAT'S what put me over the edge!!
The next day I filed my termination with TF, NOT because of any one thing, but, a whole bunch of annoying little things,that finally added up to MORE than I was willing to fight over.
I want NOTHING FREE from either of them, I want NO FAVOURS, BUT, I DO wish to be treated like a "CUSTOMER",and if THIS is the way companies such as Teleflora, decide to treat long term customers, then they WILL FIND OUT, just like FTD did, that WE THE FLORISTS control THEIR DESTINY...NOT the other way around!
I shouldn't HAVE to quit a service, to prove a point, and I shouldn't have to pay for things that I've cancelled, and I WON'T pay for ANY of thos things anymore from TF, cause I Q.U.I.T !!
I LOVED my TF FSR to death, the gals at the CANADIAN OFFICE, are the BEST in the land, and Mark Nance has some real qualities, hard to beat....but, I QUIT THEM anyways.
Too little cost me TOO MUCH,and there is NOTHING FREE, especially from the present forms of the BIG TWO WS's.
We just MAY have to look at Peter's "Blossom's Network" or similar to get REAL VALUE these days....
Mike:(

Attachments

• winter.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.