From the Wire service who won't compete with us..they said so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sher

Oct 31, 2002
none
www.flowersfromtherainflorist.com
State / Prov
none
This is the latest update on the email compaign from Teleflora..you know..the WS who won't compete with their members....at the end of the email...which is the picture of the amber glow arrangement is the following note...I have highlighted it...If this does not get us all fired up then nothing will....
teleflora's amber glow bouquet

Wow someone special with fall flowers in a stunning hand-blown art-glass vase
they'll love now and forever. But order early - they'll go fast.

HURRY, ORDER NOW AND SAVE UP TO 30%

Click on any link in this email to start shopping and we'll apply your discount automatically at checkout. Offer is available only through teleflora.com, on select products and by mentioning promotion code “8TH30.” Offer expires November 27, 2008. May not be combined with any other promotion and is not valid toward previous purchases. [B]Not valid at retail locations or partner sites.[/B]This newsletter was sent to: xxxxx.net. If you prefer not to receive Teleflora® email messages, please select this link. Comments? Questio

NICE JOB TELEFLORA.... THIS IS THE TIME FOR ALL OF US TO GET PICTURES TOGETHER, WORK TOGETHER, PRODUCE A CATALOG THAT WE ALL CAN USE ACROSS THE COUNTRY ( AMK OR BENEVA ENTERPRISES ALREADY HAS ONE) List ourselves with all of the good directories ( Ilocal, Localflowershop, locateaflowershop and some that I know I have missed), AND SCREW THE WS RIGHT BACK....Let's stop talking about taking back our industry and actually do it! ...
I understand how expensive it is to get orders from the internet..last I HEARD it was about 30 bucks per order so I don't expect them to do that for free, but to promote this for teleflora.com and then the florists is by-passed on a promotion that my dues helped pay for is unacceptable in my books..even if they had a program where they charged a minimal fee to capture the consumer and to send me the COMPLETE customer info ( credit card, address..just like a regular order on the phone from a local customer would be) ..I'd go for that...but this is just crap py!
Sher

Reactions: 4 people
I agree Sher. We spend big $ and time to make sure we are visible on the Internet and try to protect our territory, but we just can't match the marketing dollars.

Received 6 tf.com orders this morning. All appeared to be generated locally. Refused them all...not enough $ and out of our delivery area. We used to fill about 90% of the tf.com orders that came through because we were team players and could actually make a profit. Now we fill less than 10%

Interesting thing is ~ We didn't receive 6 Dove orders all last week from B&M florists. Where are all those orders going?

On the plus side...our TF rep came in today with a huge coffee cake ~ Now that's a perk worth my time and trouble. We didn't reject it!

Teleflora would not do that..they said so....

Sher, BTW...Marilee already has a rather nice selection guide....

Sher,

I can only imagine where your head was at when you wrote the above.

What can be said at this point folks ?

I think flowerchat is an awesome place to start. Can we have a gallery for people just to post pictures that we could develop into an electronic file and then work together to agree on pricing? Once the pics and pricing are done, we certainly have resources here to put up a website and market it. I know it sounds too easy, but isn't it really just that easy?

I wonder how many people are on the phone right now & are raising hell with Teleflora ?

I am !!!!!!!!!!

What the hell, I've already started a ruckus with the rest.

Think I've just about had enough of this BS !!!!!!! Taking the gloves off as of now !

I think flowerchat is an awesome place to start. Can we have a gallery for people just to post pictures that we could develop into an electronic file and then work together to agree on pricing? Once the pics and pricing are done, we certainly have resources here to put up a website and market it. I know it sounds too easy, but isn't it really just that easy?
There's gotta be a way....thinking, thinking, thinking...Real Florists Network?

If we broke this down into simple steps:

1. Create committees from fc members. A committee that will select a product line-up. (1 dozen roses, vase of daisies, designer pieces) etc. They can suggest categories and products needed in each.
2. Another committee can take up pricing of product.
3. Another committee can work on the website.
4. Another committee can determine membership requirements.
5. Another committee can research a print selection guide.
6. Another committee can be in charge of marketing.

Much of the communication can be done with email, chat, and phone conferencing. Perhaps there could be a mailbox for each member to receive orders. This could be strictly florist to florist and even a retail site.

I know there might be stars in my eyes and a few shots of rum in my system, but darn it.....we have the resources collectively here. Let's use them.

Yes We Can

Real Florists
Yes We Can

Now with some creative text, design and color, along with a catchy small print tag line on the bottom...............................

join that with stickers , posters, banners, site promotions, blogs, etc......... then maybe, just maybe, it could be one small step.....

1. Create committees from fc members. A committee that will select a product line-up. (1 dozen roses, vase of daisies, designer pieces) etc. They can suggest categories and products needed in each.

Much of the communication can be done with email, chat, and phone conferencing. Perhaps there could be a mailbox for each member to receive orders. This could be strictly florist to florist and even a retail site.

I know there might be stars in my eyes and a few shots of rum in my system, but darn it.....we have the resources collectively here. Let's use them.
I'm in...would like to help in anyway I can.

Realistically this could take a year or more of planning. But we could start today. We have all kinds of people here with special skills. Let's get an inventory.

I will start. I have an accounting degree.

We know we have web designers and web hosts out there. We need photographers and good organization people.

What about posting a thread for each committee and getting some sign ups on the threads people think they can best serve? Or anyone got a better idea to organize committees?

Starting an Inferno

I applaud your enthusiasm.

Realistically this could take a year or more of planning. But we could start today. We have all kinds of people here with special skills. Let's get an inventory.

I will start. I have an accounting degree.

We know we have web designers and web hosts out there. We need photographers and good organization people.

What about posting a thread for each committee and getting some sign ups on the threads people think they can best serve? Or anyone got a better idea to organize committees?
I have a journalism background so writing and graphic design are my forte. But I also have a very good handle on pricing formulas....

I can not help myself on this

We know the WS are screu'n us and have been for a long while.
Everyone always says, "Well I've just about had it, I think I may quit"
Yet, it continues. Sure it would be great to have commitees to work on a new system. But my skepital little self says, "Aint gonna happen". Ever. No group of florists can agree on anything unless they are drunk and then they'll forget the next day anyway. My crystal ball says, Soon there will be only drop shipping from all the WS. Mom and pops will go out of business, unless they get a good website from Ryan here or the like. The rest of us will survive and maybe even thrive providing we pull our heads out of our rumps and tell TFFTD1800 to get stuffed.

Reactions: 1 person
I have a journalism background so writing and graphic design are my forte. But I also have a very good handle on pricing formulas....

You can be on the product committee and create names for the designs, write descriptions of the products, and product pricing.

We have a finance committee, a marketing committee, and a product committee. See how far we came in an hour? Think where we can be in a year!

You're probably right but slowly but surely established B&M customers will start moving away from us as well. Hiccup !!!!!! That is inevitable ! Hiccup !!!!!!!

We need a new and exciting brand to be competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.