FTD delivers quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on track though...

Anyone know how the FTD phoned-ins are going to work, or are they exempt from this plan?
I'm REALLY scratching my head now....why didn't I think of that!!..OF course there is NO WAY that phone ins can be part of this stupid program!!
Gotta tell ya......:yourock:

I would expect most shops would either reject or accept the order at the time it was phoned in making the delayed response program unnecessary here.

From what I've seen, it is very rare to have a shop reject an order that has been called in vs. an order that was sent through an electronic transmission system.

I beg to differ Erlene. When a shop calls in an order to me, I assume they are giving me the correct delivery information. Quite often this is not the case, and most often the incorrect information isn't noticed until the piece is out for delivery.

I would expect most shops would either reject or accept the order at the time it was phoned in making the delayed response program unnecessary here.

From what I've seen, it is very rare to have a shop reject an order that has been called in vs. an order that was sent through an electronic transmission system.
I concur 100%...easiest triage is on the phone!

I beg to differ Erlene. When a shop calls in an order to me, I assume they are giving me the correct delivery information. Quite often this is not the case, and most often the incorrect information isn't noticed until the piece is out for delivery.

While your concerns about delivery information, etc. are very valid, I would expect it to be considered a cancellation of the order rather than a rejection if it were not fillable on the receiving florists end.

So let me understand this... florists pay $1.25 for each reject even though you rejected it the first time and some customer service rep decides you need to take another look at it again and again and ....??? So it's $1.25 each time ? Yea, that works out to be profitable!! Geez, then add to that the $10 penalty charge if you're too busy to reject that zillionth time. Nice work FTD!!

The more I hear about this gig it's becoming obvious that it's designed as a cash cow for FTD...think about it folks, who is the worst at answering messages...other florists or FTD.con ? From my experience it's "the company"...usually florists reply in a timely manner and with resolution that does not generally result in a REJect...

Like Jon said and ASK message *should* stop the clock...but no, even if you send an ASK for anything, and then reject 121 minutes later you get hit with the new TAX.

SUSpend on!

in ONE WEEK..we'll start a new thread...I want ALL of you that are FTD, to "track" ask/answer responses from FTD.CON, from here till then, and see how much time .COM is taking to "respond" and BE HONEST PLEASE!!
I DO NOT send "rejects"...ONLY "asks".........
There is a huge possible collision that MAY be avoidable....lives WILL BE LOST, unless certain parties on BOTH SIDES, abide by the rules.

So let me understand this... florists pay $1.25 for each reject even though you rejected it the first time and some customer service rep decides you need to take another look at it again and again and ....??? So it's $1.25 each time ? Yea, that works out to be profitable!! Geez, then add to that the $10 penalty charge if you're too busy to reject that zillionth time. Nice work FTD!!

No, you pay 1.25 to GET the order - ANY FTD order.

It costs you nothing to REJ the order. Thought this was all hammered out....

FTD.COM will not re-send you the order. If you do get it, REJ it, then call your FTD Rep. They will make sure you don't get charged the 1.25 FTO fee, and have the credit put on your stmt. We RARELY get an order sent to us 2x. This happens quite frequently with TEL.COM orders...

- H.

in ONE WEEK..we'll start a new thread...I want ALL of you that are FTD, to "track" ask/answer responses from FTD.CON, from here till then, and see how much time .COM is taking to "respond" and BE HONEST PLEASE!!
I DO NOT send "rejects"...ONLY "asks".........
There is a huge possible collision that MAY be avoidable....lives WILL BE LOST, unless certain parties on BOTH SIDES, abide by the rules.

Okie-dokie! Will track away, as it's purty easy to do..

- H.

wrong

No, you pay 1.25 to GET the order - ANY FTD order.

It costs you nothing to REJ the order. Thought this was all hammered out....

FTD.COM will not re-send you the order. If you do get it, REJ it, then call your FTD Rep. They will make sure you don't get charged the 1.25 FTO fee, and have the credit put on your stmt. We RARELY get an order sent to us 2x. This happens quite frequently with TEL.COM orders...

- H.

DEAD WRONG 1.25 on rej, check your statement

Hal, what Philly means is that you are not charged an additional 1.25 to REJ an order. We had this discussion earlier in this same thread.

Philly, I think a better way to put it is that you are charged a non-refundable relay fee for the order unless you FOR it.

I just checked some of my statements from 2007 and YES, I was charged 1.25 for EACH rejection AND Cancellation....
These were .com orders.....that would not give me enough money or refused substitutions.
In another month, the same order was sent three times, three times asked for price changes......they cancelled, cost me 1.25 for each time sent to me and each time they cancelled.

In another month, the same order was sent three times, three times asked for price changes......they cancelled, cost me 1.25 for each time sent to me and each time they cancelled.
Taxation without representation...

SUSpend ON!

I haven't had a chance to post on this topic but thought my *potential credit* on the "Delayed Response Program Report" may be of interest to others. I would have received a credit of $250.96 (i.e. 1-$10; 1-$20; & 2x order values: $101.98 & $118.98).

I would have made more from florists messing up my orders than if they actually delivered them. Not as much as Bloomz made, but maybe next month.

Prior to this delayed program, I used to follow up on most of my funeral flower orders to insure that 1) there was paper in their printer and it printed 2) they can do it.

There is now sense of security. I haven't made any follow up phone calls so far.

Reactions: 1 person
With all do respect, I believe you are wrong on this matter. Any incoming order has a transmission cost associated to it. Whether or not you fill it, cancel it or reject it, there is that incoming transmission cost. Your statement is simply breaking it out for you so you can see what you rejected.
Example: Total orders incoming 30. If you reject 5, it will show that you had 25 incoming orders and in the rejection section you will see 5. There is no rejection fee.
I urge you to recheck your statements - check the incoming transmission total (incoming FTO transmission - section E). Divide that by the incoming transmission cost to get the total number of orders that are being accounted for. Or you could look at the transmission summary (just after the rejection and cancellation summary) Now, subtract all the incoming orders from your statement that you have filled (FTD wire orders - section B) and then see what you have left. I would bet that you have that exact number in your reject list. This is done so shops can better reconcile everything.
Therefore, incoming orders have a fee associated to them, whether or not you fill them, but beyond that there is no additional fee.
Cheers.

The payment for the florist messing up the order does not compensate for the financial loss incurred when the customer tells you he will never use you again because of the non delivery.It's a blow to your reputation as well.You're the one considered unreliable.
Sandra

Reactions: 1 person
I think I need to join FTD.... NOT

I did just have a florist refuse a $150 sym arr that was not delivered. If what you all are saying is true I would receive $300 from FTD? Man, that's rotten, especially since the receiving florist had a death in their family and forgot to turn off their dove.

Sent them my condolences, phoned my customer and will send something locally. (Boy the $300 would be nice for summer...)

Barb

Status
Not open for further replies.