FTD & Urban

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm...I have accepted an order from the White House and if I remember right it was a darned good price so because of the location of the SFO (and I also accept from military installations also SFO's because I support the troops and their jobs)...Those are the few I will accept...

BOSS said:
An SFO is an SFO in MY book... so, yes George I guess I would. If you can not fill for me, I'm sorry, I can't fill for you. The line has to be drawn some where.
I'm surprised.
I would fill for them. They are not trying to put you out of business.

George Simon said:
I'm surprised.
I would fill for them. They are not trying to put you out of business.

It's a matter of principles, maybe, if there was a business man at the helm, I might once.

Had to comment on the ZA thing. When we were FTD our main shop was AA our other shops were ZA we received all incoming at one location because that made more sense to do so. So anyways, my point is that all sending only shops are not bad, it is just easier when you are multishops to have all incoming go to one location for numerous reasons.

George Simon said:
You'd reject an order from the White House???

Hell yeah, think Dumya's staff SHOULDN'T use a REAL FLORIST??? What, they need or deserve special priviliges?

Don't they have telephones or something to let them call florists?

short answer - DUH

bloomz said:
Hell yeah, think Dumya's staff SHOULDN'T use a REAL FLORIST??? What, they need or deserve special priviliges?

Don't they have telephones or something to let them call florists?

short answer - DUH
I don't follow. Do you want them to go through the phone book and call you direct if they have an order going to Corvallis? Or do you want them to fill orders for you if you have an order going to the White House? :)

George Simon said:
Do you want them to go through the phone book and call you direct if they have an order going to Corvallis?

Yep and at 100%, why should they get special treatment just because their house is bigger than mine?

George, is there something you do not understand about Sending Florists Only ?? What good are they? It's all highly discounted work, and they can not help me going the other direction.

Being one that has had orders going to the White House over the years, I have always had to contact a Real Florist to get it done...never once was the "White House Florist" able to help me.

From the "other" Board..

Re: Vancouver:
In any case, florists may want to watch out for phoned in orders from an Abigail's Flower Shop, looking to place and order and pay by credit card. It's Vancouver Flower Co. trying to hide themselves--just hang up, even if you're being paid I assure you dealing with them is NOT worth the hassle"
supposedly from a former VFC employee...makes an interesting read.

BOSS said:
Yep and at 100%, why should they get special treatment just because their house is bigger than mine?

George, is there something you do not understand about Sending Florists Only ?? What good are they? It's all highly discounted work, and they can not help me going the other direction.

Being one that has had orders going to the White House over the years, I have always had to contact a Real Florist to get it done...never once was the "White House Florist" able to help me.

Is there a White House florist or is it only a department that handles the flower requirements of the President and the First Lady?
I can't believe that if the President of the United States has an order going to your town and they choose you as the filling florist you are going to reject it. Just the PR and kudos alone are worth way more than the 20%! You could claim to be the florist that the President of the United States uses when he has orders going to Mildand, MI!!! Isn't that worth anything?
If the President of the United States asked me to write a program for him, I'd do it for free. Just the prestige alone has to be worth more than whatever you would charge.

George Simon said:
Is there a White House florist or is it only a department that handles the flower requirements of the President and the First Lady?
Far as I know there is, responsible for the day to day needs of the building and its occupants, just like there is a baker.

George Simon said:
Just the PR and kudos alone are worth way more than the 20%! You could claim to be the florist that the President of the United States uses when he has orders going to Mildand, MI!!! Isn't that worth anything?
Something I expect, that is **if** you agree with the President's adgenda.

Like I said earlier, put a BUSINESS PERSON in charge instead of a politician and then...maybe...

George Simon said:
I don't follow. Do you want them to go through the phone book and call you direct if they have an order going to Corvallis? Or do you want them to fill orders for you if you have an order going to the White House? :)

d-amn right, George, if the Dumb George wants to send flowers he can frigging well use a florist himself as well. He's the last person on my list to get preferential treatment, if you know what I mean. If he can't find one in the phone book he can on the internet, if he's smart enuf to FIND the internet.

Actually when Dumya calls me I usually charge him double, I call it the lying murderous homophobic moron penalty tax. But he isn't smart enough to know the difference, he just says, "duh, ok" and pays it. I think the guy may be missing some cattle upstairs, but don't tell anybody.

bloomz said:
d-amn right, George, if the Dumb George wants to send flowers he can frigging well use a florist himself as well. He's the last person on my list to get preferential treatment, if you know what I mean. If he can't find one in the phone book he can on the internet, if he's smart enuf to FIND the internet.

Actually when Dumya calls me I usually charge him double, I call it the lying murderous homophobic moron penalty tax. But he isn't smart enough to know the difference, he just says, "duh, ok" and pays it. I think the guy may be missing some cattle upstairs, but don't tell anybody.

Don't worry Bloomz. There isn't any Republicans in your town for the Rresident to sent to anyway.

Sunny has it right

If FTD had followed their "rules" like they used to. The situation would never have developed.

In the 'old days" the field rep. always came in with orders to spot check. No matter what your "status" was.

Ftd may find itself having to get rid of any number of shops/OGs. Despite Vancovers missdeads. It may have a case in court if it can prove that FTD applied it's enforcement policy arbitrairly. Like, everyone is jumping for joy that FTD got rid of them. However, How long has it been sence FTD summarily dissmissed a member under simular circumstances???

In fact, there is a case to be made that it is in FTDs own self interest financially to get rid of all the competing competition.

you know, Getting rid of the 12 other competing companys Mr. McCann was refering to in the Motly Fool article.

think about it. Reputation is one thing and REVENUE is another.

What is the potential break even point for FTD on an OG order at a single membership Fee, a transation fee and 7% less some $ value in rebates. Vs. a direct FTD.com order at 11.95 privilage fee, + 27% of the orders face value and an additiona buck for sending it to someone to fill.

bloomz said:

Bloomz, I'm surprised that you would take his money.

flowerknife+us said:
What is the potential break even point for FTD on an OG order at a single membership Fee, a transation fee and 7% less some $ value in rebates. Vs. a direct FTD.com order at 11.95 privilage fee, + 27% of the orders face value and an additiona buck for sending it to someone to fill.

But once the OG's are gone, next step I see is they will HAVE to change the % on Da Dots orders if they expect florists to fill them. It will happen eve if it takes RealFlorist pressure.

Urbanflorist.com/ 800 pics

I am seeing alot of 1800flws pic on the website, of course renamed. Did they always have these pics up there ? Today was the first time I visit this website that I know of.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see blm take them under there wings to help recuit more flower shops. They can produce a volume where I believe lots of shops will join up. I always thought they were headed in that direction. I was just surprised because even through 1800flws has a selection guide, I still thought the web pics were off limits.

This is still one area where FTD and Tele should be watching as close as proflowers. Blm was very user friendly, and I believe they can handle the wire service end better.

No, not a member here but I was at some point in my life. And when I left, there wasn't any mics charges on me and I was paid within 30 days. Hell it has been over 90 days with teleflora and I still haven't seen my money. I may have to write it off and send them a 1099 so atleast they can pay taxes on it.

Darius said:
I was just surprised because even through 1800flws has a selection guide, I still thought the web pics were off limits.

One thing to keep an eye for... Google... if Urban shows up again in searches for local shops, then we'll kow they found an outlet for the volume...

800 is most likely their last choice...and I would think they would be happy to have each other...800 for the 31% and Vancouver for access to electronic sending to unsuspecting florists...

I went to google

And there all over the place. That is why I went to there site in the first place, Because they seemed to be alive again.

I did not have any trouble placing an order through their website.
They are displaying the FTD logo and mention the fact that they won the new member award in 2003.

They're not completely gone

Hate to tell you, but Urban was appearing in Google PPCs this morning. Can't find any right now, however. They may be timing the campaigns to give themselves all day to find local florists to call direct; pulling the ads after the initial morning rush.

The site still has the FTD Best New Member' logo and is using some FTD, TF and 1800 images AFAICT.

Status
Not open for further replies.