Not open for further replies.

carol

Aug 15, 2003
new hampshire
greensandthings.com
State / Prov
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Vancouver flowers/urban florist kicked out of FTD

Just as I was leaving the store tonight a merc message came in saying that Vancouver Flowers aka Urban Florist aka a whole lot of other names has been kicked out of FTD for repeatedly ignoring the FTD rules.. Their merc was turned off and they were terminated...
Was I dreaming?? or just way to tired after Valentine's Day..

Just Effective immediately, we have removed Vancouver Flower Co. from FTD due to their continuous violations of FTD Standards. This business has three member numbers...
71-0080ZA, 71-3339AA and 35-0013AA. In addition, they have marketed their business under various names and Web sites to include:

Vancouver Flower Co.
Urban Flowers & Baskets
Dynamiteflowers.com
Alfalfasflowershop.com
Northamericaflorist.com
Urbanflorist.com
Urbanbaskets.com
Artisianflorist.com
Artisianbaskets.com
Worldwide-online-florists.com
FTD HAS TERMINATED THIS MEMBER FROM FTD AND HAS TURNED OFF THEIR MERCURY NETWORK CONNECTION.

PLEASE NOTE: If Vancouver Flowers or any of their other businesses try to phone an order to you, FTD recommends that you refuse that order as it is not an FTD order and we will not be responsible for payment of that order.

FTD Member Florists take great pride in their outstanding reputation of high quality floral products and superior customer service. It is our job at FTD to protect all members from florists who do not adhere to the FTD Standards, including the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, high quality floral products and superior customer service.

If you have any questions, please contact FTD Member Services at 800-788-9000.

We hope you enjoyed receiving this message. However, if you'd rather not receive future E-News from FTDi.COM, please send an email to [email protected].

got this via email;

Really????
I told them no more merc messages (not that they would broadcast that anyway).......am so glad their Wings systems goes back to them come April...
Is this a dream????
****from one burned by them ********
Why the He** would FTD actually name their websites??
You have to be pulling everyones leg here...
Only code numbers are supplied in updates (or used to be on the old system)
Oh goodness......Carol just backed up your post !!!!
Hip Hip HOOORRRAAAYYYY !!!!
I am darned well pleased.

Reactions: 1 person
Gee Artisanflorist.com shows an SAF and Florafax logo??

Hasn't Florafax been gone for awhile?.
I really never checked into artisanflorist.com site..this becomes more and more interesting. Any SAF members here (not me, they do nothing for a real florist) how demeaning to have them show their logo with a skimmer/gatherer.

carol said:
Was I dreaming??
Nope. One of their Top 5 became one of their biggest Public Relations liabililies. Wall Street perception matters (not florist or consumer complaints, mind ya'. :tongue )

Who should be next?

Nominations for Next FTD PR Nightmare are now being accepted in this thread.

All I can say is WHOOOO HOOOOO !!!!
Yes, Ma'am. Rhonda, kudos to you for sharing your story with this board :blowkiss:

This came to me via FTD email:

Effective immediately, we have removed Vancouver Flower Co. from FTD due to their continuous violations of FTD Standards. This business has three member numbers...
71-0080ZA, 71-3339AA and 35-0013AA. In addition, they have marketed their business under various names and Web sites to include:

Vancouver Flower Co.
Urban Flowers & Baskets
Dynamiteflowers.com
Alfalfasflowershop.com
Northamericaflorist.com
Urbanflorist.com
Urbanbaskets.com
Artisianflorist.com
Artisianbaskets.com
Worldwide-online-florists.com
FTD HAS TERMINATED THIS MEMBER FROM FTD AND HAS TURNED OFF THEIR MERCURY NETWORK CONNECTION.

PLEASE NOTE: If Vancouver Flowers or any of their other businesses try to phone an order to you, FTD recommends that you refuse that order as it is not an FTD order and we will not be responsible for payment of that order.

FTD Member Florists take great pride in their outstanding reputation of high quality floral products and superior customer service. It is our job at FTD to protect all members from florists who do not adhere to the FTD Standards, including the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, high quality floral products and superior customer service.

Reactions: 1 person
Dear Carol....

you are NOT DREAMING...this was an IMPORTANT DECISION on FTD's part, to REMOVE ONE of the blights of a nearly 95 YEAR OLD organization!!
I was ASKED to "trust" the person in the organization that I TRUST THE MOST, and when I didn't, I WAS TOLD, to trust the FTD person that I trust the most, that Vancouver Flower Company WAS INDEED under investigation for serious allegations of MISUSE of the FTD rules,AND LOGO, and "time" was required to gather PROOF of these allegations, and that IF THESE ALLEGATIONS proved to be true, without a doubt, then ANY MEMBER ( big sender or otherwise), CAN and WILL BE terminated from FTD!
BEWARE NOW....ANY of YOU/WE within the organization WILL BE scrutinized....NOT filling to value, NOT upholding YOUR part of the quality and value part of the order transfer chain, or multiple, or repeat unresolved complaints of FTD members' customer performance, will NOT be tolerated!!!
PINCH ME....I think I was just dreamtalking!
Wouldn't it be REAL SPECIAL if the playing field were "levelled", and ALL FTD MEMBERS were bound by a "code of ethics"??, and NOT some wildly chaotic book of "rules" that treats some animals (florists) as part of a "food chain"!!
There I go...shooting my mouth off again!!
A GREAT THANK YOU goes out to FTD for this decision...from one lowly terminal in DUNDAS,ONTARIO,CANADA...75-3772AA

what the hell....

I'm gonna say it!!...I DON'T CARE if Vancover Flower Company, aka Urbanflorist, aka dogsbreathflorist.com carries the FloraFax or SAF insignia.....so long as they WILL NEVER AGAIN carry the FTD logo (Teleflora can have them), I'm a happy camper (er, florist)

I’ve got to say it. Hats off to FTD for taking a stand and enforcing their rules against a top sender that is causing damage to the industry!! I admit, I am very critical of the big 2, by taking actions like this they begin to rebuild the confidence that has been lost. Actions like this by the wire services are a win for retail florists trying to make an honest living. Congratulations FTD!! Just hope Teleflora follows your lead.

I also hope that

Teleflora don't pick them up neither.
If they do, they are STUPID for doing it and will have as many problems as FTD HAD.

All i can say It"s About Time!!!!!!!

Luc

I'm expecting a visit from Mr Soenen today. I may just have to hug him :)

Ryan

Well this is certainly a positive step in the right direction and now we must hope that Telelflora does not sell their soul to the devil. There has been many who have commented about airing our dirty laundry and there fear of that. But I think floristdetective.com and the clear fact that our numbers our growing here is having an affect on how the big 2 are thinking these days. I congratulate FTD on their decision to cut them off and I encourage them to not stop there.

Effective immediately, we have removed Vancouver Flower Co. from FTD due to their continuous violations of FTD Standards.
Does anyone know what those violations were?
Why were they singled-out?

Not sure of them all George, but I would bet that it involves many violations in different areas, probably including sending less than they collected...

If it was for deceptive advertising, and not listing an actual location on their sites, then I would look for more in the near future...

But then again, maybe FTD singled them out because they were in the Top 5, as an example, and something to placate the Real Florists, media and lets not forget Wall Street...

I know Wall Street is watching very closely since the IPO, and perhaps the heat is starting to light the necessary fire to clean up their (FTD) act!

Question is...

Where will these orders go now???

Maybe, and I STRESS MAYBE... they will become "company" orders like those from Flowers.com that FTD bought?

I know I encouraged my customer who got skimmed and fooled by Vancouver to call and email Mr. Soenen. She was extremely vocal in her opinions on what happened. I told her to pursue their denial of credit card credit with the Credit Union who holds her CC (same as mine). Because of failure to deliver, she has the right to deny payment to VFC with the CC she holds.
I am so glad to see FTD step up to the plate and will shake hands with my FBC when he visits.. Now onto a few others..we gotta catch them and report them by getting the consumer who was scammed into the action.

Infinite said:
I'm expecting a visit from Mr Soenen today. I may just have to hug him :)
Ryan

Give him one from me too! I read that general message and did a double take, about time they did this!
Audra

It's nice to see their Adwords campaign is on hold - no more advertising under other people's names, at least for the moment.

Must be some BORED order takers turned thumb-twiddlers at that office today!!

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.