Funeral Pics

Here is one that I did today.. Made me think of lime sherbet ice cream.. I think I need a snow cone now!

I know the weather makes an impact on what I design... I am sooooo HOT that I want everything to look fresh and cool.. like a salad???
I am WEIRD!

Oh and one that I did a while back of a basketball..

Attachments

• Basketball.jpg
    Basketball.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Grandpa easel.jpg
    Grandpa easel.jpg
    803.1 KB · Views: 99
Here's a casket piece I did last week. It's for a gentleman that was killed along with a 17 yr old boy, in a roll over accident. Very tragic!

things are very different here, no easels, no uprights!
Just a couple of my favorite, more adventurous bits ......

nice!!!!! You rock!!!!

Tammie and Becky, love em love em. Love that heart especially Tammie and the colours in the spray Becky are fab!!

Reactions: makescents
I love doing full caskets. We only get a request for one when the casket is closed which is hardly ever. People around this city like to view the deceased I guess!

Joan

Joan, even when it's an open casket- they hang them above the casket lid on a stand- so it's not covering the deceased and he can be viewed :)

This isn't my favorite picture but it kind of gives you an idea of how they are set up around here.

Attachments

• casket-hinge.jpg
    casket-hinge.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 107
  • casket spray.jpg
    casket spray.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 102
Treen,
I LOVE the ballet slippers.

I love how customized your creations are for the deceased.
Can I come and learn from you????

When I get family pieces, I try to listen and pick up on what the client says their loved one liked. I had one last night, that was about impossible - at least for me in my extremely tired state. (Trying to get a stockpile done and ok for me leaving tomorrow for symposium).

This lady came in two days ago to purchase a casket spray for her husband. She came in saying she knew exactly what she wanted - red roses, sunflowers, and a single bird. I'm thinking crayola box.

I asked her if I could maybe add a few blending materials and if one bird was symbolic - if not can I add a few more.

Have any of you seen Burt Ford's funeral work? He is fantastic. I would like to take a class with him in Oklahoma.

Not my best pic or design but, I think the client will be happy.

Attachments

• 100_5923.jpg
    100_5923.jpg
    750.1 KB · Views: 136
I LOVE funeral work! We do old school work here. :)
Wish I could post pic's I am trying to figure out how to re-size so I can post here. Now that a very nice person helped me to figure out that was my problem (pic's too large).
Great idea for new thread to follow weddings!

Cherrie, you made that strange combination work really well. It takes a good designer to pull that off. I actually like it a lot.

Carol Bice

Cherrie and Becky.. Beautiful! Cherrie I am with Carol.. You did a great job mixing sunflowers and birds! I like this thread.. I will post more sometime today!

funeral pictures

some funeral work we did the past few weeks. wish we did more of it.

Attachments

• circle of life in pink.jpg
    circle of life in pink.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 96
  • woodcreek.jpg
    woodcreek.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 92
  • pink ledges.jpg
    pink ledges.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 93
  • mr b. funeral.JPG
    mr b. funeral.JPG