google maps has hidden the # of reviews from site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excptnl

Nov 29, 2007
Boca raton
State / Prov
Fl
wonderful......just when the phone was ringing and people were noticing the kind of work we do and the reviews to back it up, google goes ahead and removes them from site....the user now has to click on the "more" link under the shop name to see if that shop has any reviews....before, users wold click on me since i had the most reviews and go from there......seems like we can never get ahead.

Well I agree with you, I think it stinks that they removed the reviews from local box!

Most of my business comes from the local 10 box and because of my high review count...

First they dropped yahoo reviews from showing, and now they don't show reviews at all unless you click on more, which IMO , most people won't do :(

What is up with Google??!! WTF!

Well I agree with you, I think it stinks that they removed the reviews from local box!

Most of my business comes from the local 10 box and because of my high review count...

First they dropped yahoo reviews from showing, and now they don't show reviews at all unless you click on more, which IMO , most people won't do :(

What is up with Google??!! WTF!

I dont know how they would benefit by doing this....just makes things more difficult

My guesses as to why:

1) The review counts - especially high ones - heavily influenced users and that was likely at a loss in PPCs.

2) G has had a hard time keeping reviews 'fair'. Between the lost, dropped, missing and black hat ones, few business owners seemed happy. The gaming of reviews has become a fast source to the top for phony locals, too - and a fast way to unfairly damage reputations of competitors.

They need to do better when placing reviews before the eyes of the public.

I'm guessing it might also be a test / change of some kind. Could be a precursor to more changes.

1) The review counts - especially high ones - heavily influenced users and that was likely at a loss in PPCs.

You hit the nail on the head.

I said it once, I said it twice, I said it a million times and I'll say it once again, PPC, Adwords specifically is the #2 reason for the fall of the traditional florist (big boxes are #1). PPC is huge business and the current setup allow for blatant deception.

Reactions: 1 person
My guesses as to why:

You hit the nail on the head.

I said it once, I said it twice, I said it a million times and I'll say it once again, PPC, Adwords specifically is the #2 reason for the fall of the traditional florist (big boxes are #1). PPC is huge business and the current setup allow for blatant deception.

Eggzactly - glad to know I'm not the only one surprised they do anything at all to help those that don't pay for adwords. The ten box/one box the maps, reviews, all of it is gonna eventually disappear and it will all be pay for play for any commercial activity.

That has to be coming...

I doubt it will be that extreme, JB ... They need to have some measure of an appearance of editorial content that they can tack the ads onto.

If the organic listings went away it would become a classified ad site.

Google's push towards relevancy, including the universal results and personalized rankings, is designed to increase traffic and perceived value for the user, so they can grab more traffic and funnel that traffic into more revenue streams. The various types of results will stay because Google can monetize them all and grab more clicks in more venues.

Ryan

Let's hope so...I just know that absolute power corrupts absolutely.

and they're getting darn close to it.

I changed the hours of operation on my google listing this morning after reading this thread.
My reviews came back on the first page

Reactions: 1 person
If this is true, how long will it take to reflect the results? I just don't see how Google could let it be this easy and simple. Call me a doubter, but something is not adding up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.