grey matter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaf

Mar 31, 2007
ribble valley
State / Prov
lancashire
here goes is it possible that perhaps we could have a brainteaser of the day, or even a quiz type question,just one perhaps two a day ...it would get people logging back in daily(IF THEY ARE'NT ALREADY,SHAME ON THEM!!!)to see if they got it right....no prizes just for fun,you could post a reply if you liked to the brainteaser or quiz question, serious or otherwise...JUST A THOUGHT WHADDA YA THINK..

I love brain teasers...

OK, here's mine...

Easy one first...

(1) An Archaeologist was digging the ground. One of his student found what looks like a very old coin. "Professor, this looks like a great discovery!", said the student. The professor took the coin and saw the coin was dated "3049 B.C." He said quietly "This coin must be a fake." What was his logic for the conclusion?

Now a more difficult one...

(2) The time is ancient China... The emperor just chopped the head off of his prime minister. He needed the poor guy's replacement. He wanted the brightest person in his empire. The "search committee" eventually narrowed down the candidates to only three persons. Because all three were so smart that no exam was able to tell who was the smartest.

The committee therefore decided to open an ancient secret scroll which was supposed to decribe an "ultimate" test of intelligence. Here we go...

Three candidates were led into a small room, facing to each other. They were told the following.

Examiner: "We have TWO green ribons and THREE blue ribons. Now, close your eyes. I'm going to stick one of these ribons on your forehead."

Candidates all closed their eyes, while the Examiner was putting a ribon on each one's forehead.

Examiner: "Open your eyes. Now tell me the color of your ribon. If you are the first one who gets the correct answer, you will be the next prime minister with full pension benefits. If you get it wrong, your head will be chopped off immediately, so don't gamble. Be very logical."

Each candidate can see the colors of the other two candidates, but not his own.

For a while, no one said a thing. Finally, one person stood up and said "Mine must be blue" which was correct. What was his logic?

For a while, no one said a thing. Finally, one person stood up and said "Mine must be blue" which was correct. What was his logic?
Because he saw a green ribbon on both of the other candidates?
I feel a trap ..... ;)

And the coin couldn't have been dated BC because the stamper or minter wouldn't have any idea what the C or BC stood for...
Another trap?

tracy

Because he saw a green ribbon on both of the other candidates?
I feel a trap ..... ;)

These guys are smart. If anyone was looking at two greens, he would have stood up right away (because his must be blue). No one stood up a while, meaning that no one was seeing "two greens."

Tracy, which weapon would your neck prefer, a sharp sword or heavy axe?

And the coin couldn't have been dated BC because the stamper or minter wouldn't have any idea what the C or BC stood for...
Another trap?

Correct. Too easy. Bloomz is still thinking...

These guys are smart. If anyone was looking at two greens, he would have stood up right away (because his must be blue). No one stood up a while, meaning that no one was seeing "two greens."

Correct. Too easy. Bloomz is still thinking...

Naw I got that one right away

Here's one for you:

Guy has 3 women he has to choose from, decides to gve them a financial and honesty test.

He gives each of them $1000 and tells them he will check back in a month to see how they did with it.

Month later - first girl he finds has been very careful and only spent a tiny amount of the money.

Second one has made careful small loans to her friends and actually made a few bucks, say $100 or so.

Third one has invested it wisely in safe stocks and made a 50% return on the money, now having $1500.

which one did the guy choose?

pick a girl time

Here's one for you:

Guy has 3 women he has to choose from, decides to gve them a financial and honesty test.

He gives each of them $1000 and tells them he will check back in a month to see how they did with it.

Month later - first girl he finds has been very careful and only spent a tiny amount of the money.

Second one has made careful small loans to her friends and actually made a few bucks, say $100 or so.

Third one has invested it wisely in safe stocks and made a 50% return on the money, now having $1500.

Well for me personally i would have said, he would pick the one in the slit skirt and with the biggest boobs!!!

Here's one for you:

The second one because she was generous and didn't spend it on herself..

Forgive me... I'm looking for my brain...

V

Jon... didn't he choose the one with the large accoutrements? (where is that swinging booby thing when you want it...)

V

Yes Grasshopper

He would chose the second girl. Just to be rid of the other two would be good enough.

But there are other reasons as well.

To spend only a little bit of the money in the first month is not realistic, that would change in time once the contest is over.

Likewise to make a 50 percent return in one month is not realistic all the time, that would change.

But to able to loan money to friends and
a) get it back
and
b) get interest
shows true genius, she is the keeper, plus the slit skirt thing.

Doug

Okay, can we forget about the chicks for a minute - what about the guys with the ribbons stuck to their faces?

tracy:dunno:

Hint: These three smart guys initially couldn't decide what color his ribon was. So, for example, no one was seeing "two greens".

The reason it took the one who got it right awhile to stand up was because he was seeing the exact same thing that the other two were seeing. One green ribbon and one blue ribbon. He knew that if he were wearing the green ribbon someone else would have stood up immediately because there were only two green ribbons. Once he saw that no one jumped up immediately, he knew that his must be blue.

Jon... didn't he choose the one with the large accoutrements? (where is that swinging booby thing when you want it...)

V

Yupperz - the one with the big tatas.

fom an orderly queue!!!

Let's do it. :boggles:

Doug
You know how us Brits love to queue for all sorts of stuff,
well explain this.....I'M BEHIND THE MAN, WHO'S BEHIND ME...HOW???

The reason it took the one who got it right awhile to stand up was because he was seeing the exact same thing that the other two were seeing. One green ribbon and one blue ribbon. He knew that if he were wearing the green ribbon someone else would have stood up immediately because there were only two green ribbons. Once he saw that no one jumped up immediately, he knew that his must be blue.

AHH HAH! Pretty sneaky sis ....
I'll take my axe now, just make sure it's sharp
:ninja:

tracy

You know how us Brits love to queue for all sorts of stuff,
well explain this.....I'M BEHIND THE MAN, WHO'S BEHIND ME...HOW???

Standing between two mirrors.

I don't know for sure I never line up for anything if I can help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.