hdqt Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I echo another question above... what is "kind of like whole sale".

V

So it appears they are a group from Ecuador, with ties in Miami shipping to the mass market segment of the industry.

Three more questions from me:
1. Are there any other companies you're affiliated with (eg. e-com or others)?
2. Do you "wholesale" to the public, florists or both?
3. What do you plan to contribute to this forum?
Thank you for your answers.

1. I am not affiliated with any other company
2. I do not sell to the public, with UFG I sell to PTAs for fundraising. With InBloom, I sell to florists
3. A different perspective from the fulfillment side, information on quality flowers and ideas for florists to use to market their products.

We import from Ecuador, Colombia, Costa Rica and Kenya. We are certified to import and distribute Fair Trade Flowers and also carry, Rain Forest Alliance and FlorVerde certified flowers.

2. I do not sell to the public, with UFG I sell to PTAs for fundraising. With InBloom, I sell to florists
3. A different perspective from the fulfillment side, information on quality flowers and ideas for florists to use to market their products.

Could it be the ones that were using the Flowers for Kids deal before?

We went round and round about this before, but I thought it was based in California.

Is contacting PTA's to sell in bulk to their schools for fundraisers something we could would or should consider competition???

wondering...

The PTA's are the public, they all used to be our customers..Those accounts used to get us many more accounts within schools I might add. It is a huge loss of good will sales that spin off into accounts for florists..so you may as well sell to anyone that wants a carnation...

Is contacting PTA's to sell in bulk to their schools for fundraisers something we could would or should consider competition???
Yes...

The PTA's are the public, they all used to be our customers..
Agree'd as well... thank God I still have *some* of this business...

The PTA's are the public, they all used to be our customers..Those accounts used to get us many more accounts within schools I might add. It is a huge loss of good will sales that spin off into accounts for florists..so you may as well sell to anyone that wants a carnation...

Sure they are but I'm not sharing information with people going after those accounts

or I guess I am now.

Note to self: pull cards closer to chest

The only PTAs I sell are for my daughters. I do not look for these accounts. They know I work for a flower company so they ask me to donate and/or sell them flowers.

I have programs specifically for Florists direct to your door with no minimums. The only thing is that you need to order in advance. I am not like the wholesaler that has an inventory. I only do pre-orders. My product is cut to order.

If you work a year-round or special promotion program you will be able to sell them easily. It's a matter of dollars and cents. If you show them what they will make for the school instead of what it is costing them plus the whole idea of promoting local businesses it will be a win/win situation.

PTAs while they need to generate funds, they are also service oriented which helps promote the local economy. As a PTA member, we do not just look at the bottom line, we look at all that benefit from this sale.

The only PTAs I sell are for my daughters. I do not look for these accounts. They know I work for a flower company so they ask me to donate and/or sell them flowers.

I have programs specifically for Florists direct to your door with no minimums. The only thing is that you need to order in advance. I am not like the wholesaler that has an inventory. I only do pre-orders. My product is cut to order.

Whoa, wait a minute, you want me to believe that you have a whole company that sells/donates to 1 PTA...I will assume your daugters are in the same school... may have been born in the morning but not this morning...

I smell a rat here and do not like what I am hearing...back pedaling will not make you friends, You either sell to schools and PTAs or you don't, you are either a wholesaler or you are not...It sounds to me like you have a whole different agenda here and I don't think it is to better the floral industry, Please correct me if I am wrong...

If you work a year-round or special promotion program you will be able to sell them easily. It's a matter of dollars and cents. If you show them what they will make for the school instead of what it is costing them plus the whole idea of promoting local businesses it will be a win/win situation.

PTAs while they need to generate funds, they are also service oriented which helps promote the local economy. As a PTA member, we do not just look at the bottom line, we look at all that benefit from this sale.

That is all well and good, but if the wholesaler is selling to them there is no way for us to beat your prices...so yeah its about dollars and cents and we can't make the dollars because you are only charging them what we pay...we would never be able to compete with that..i don't care what kind of service you add...it all comes down to, we can make 2.00 on each carn through this guy or we can make 1.00 per carn through the florist...

Whoa, wait a minute, you want me to believe that you have a whole company that sells/donates to 1 PTA...I will assume your daugters are in the same school... may have been born in the morning but not this morning...

I smell a rat here and do not like what I am hearing...back pedaling will not make you friends, You either sell to schools and PTAs or you don't, you are either a wholesaler or you are not...It sounds to me like you have a whole different agenda here and I don't think it is to better the floral industry, Please correct me if I am wrong...

What are you talking about? They are a farm direct distributor, but they do not have inventory in Miami like most importers do. Wholesalers have an inventory, InBlooms does not. Any retail florist could buy from InBlooms if they have a sizable order and a trucking co acct to deliver the product from Miami to your shop. That is how Miami distribution works.

It sounds like the PTA knows he/she is in the flower industry so they asked for flowers at cost or slightly above cost. Same requests we all get as fairly often as retail florists.

You know you may not want to believe it but it is true.

I am not here to give information that is not true. I am here to talk about current florist's issues with the new floral trends we have. As a member of the floral community, we all have to work together and if we do not then it will all be a free for all on every customer.

I am NOT a wholesaler. I do NOT sell to the public. I do NOT have a website with direct to your door sales and DO on almost every occassion, donate to schools, churches, children's organization, victim advocacy units etc... I feel that people need to be good and pay it forward. There are many out there that are not as lucky as us so we need to take care of them whether it be money, a helping had or just someone to talk to.

If you feel that I am a "RAT" then I am not sure if I should be here at all. I came hear with the assumption that this forum was for those in the floral industry to talk about current issues, help each other, give each other ideas to be able to stay afloat in this not so good economy and possibly meet new people to bounce ideas off of. Life is too short to be always on the offensive. You have to open your mind to the fact that NOT everyone is out there to take your business but some people are actually there to help you.

I wish you the best in your business.

What are you talking about? They are a farm direct distributor, but they do not have inventory in Miami like most importers do. Wholesalers have an inventory, InBlooms does not. Any retail florist could buy from InBlooms if they have a sizable order and a trucking co acct to deliver the product from Miami to your shop. That is how Miami distribution works.

It sounds like the PTA knows he/she is in the flower industry so they asked for flowers at cost or slightly above cost. Same requests we all get as fairly often as retail florists.

The original post said he has a business that exclusively sells to schoolsand PTAS, now he is saying that he sells to his daugthers PTA...just trying to get the facts...it sounds as if he is changing the story to suit what he thinks we want to hear, that is all...I like to hear the truth, not what anyone think I want to hear...

I cannot imagine having a whole busines sto sell to one PTA...It just doesn't make any sense...

I am not here to give information that is not true. I am here to talk about current florist's issues with the new floral trends we have. As a member of the floral community, we all have to work together and if we do not then it will all be a free for all on every customer.

I am NOT a wholesaler. I do NOT sell to the public. I do NOT have a website with direct to your door sales and DO on almost every occassion, donate to schools, churches, children's organization, victim advocacy units etc... I feel that people need to be good and pay it forward. There are many out there that are not as lucky as us so we need to take care of them whether it be money, a helping had or just someone to talk to.

If you feel that I am a "RAT" then I am not sure if I should be here at all. I came hear with the assumption that this forum was for those in the floral industry to talk about current issues, help each other, give each other ideas to be able to stay afloat in this not so good economy and possibly meet new people to bounce ideas off of. Life is too short to be always on the offensive. You have to open your mind to the fact that NOT everyone is out there to take your business but some people are actually there to help you.

I think where we need clarification are these two areas:

1. What is UFG?

2. Why do you claim you SELL as UFG and then in the latter post you say you DONATE?

You have already been approved, I dd not call you a rat, just that your story didn't make sense...It is part of our new memebr thing to find out where you stand within the floral world...you told us that you work with a company that grows and distributes cut flowers and that you have a company that sells to schools, ptas and fundraising groups...

Now you are backtracking on this, I am just trying to find out why and what it is you really do...I can tell you that I am a retail florist, i sell flowers and plants to anyone who wants them...I do not wholesale flowers, I buy them from a wholesaler and sell them at retail, I amke a profit doing this hopefully...

Now maybe we can find out what it is you do in actual terms...I am interested in what you do and where you fit into the industry...

Status
Not open for further replies.