Hello from Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dianne

I too am a navy brat; my father was a career man of 20 years... it may account for my defensive nature. When you move from town to town, it gets tough. Always the new kid in town.

In my 12 years of schooling, I've attended 13 schools that I can count for sure.

We spent 2 years in Cuba, 3 years in Italy and the list goes on and on. I don't want to bore you.

One positive thing I've taken from it is that I've learned to adapt. So when people reject me, I don't really take it to heart. I know that they don't really know me at all.

But anyway, to answer your questions...

- What is your website address? www.wadeinstruments.com

- How long have you been in business? 10 years

- Do you have any formal floral education? No

- How were you referred to FlowerChat? Did a search

- What do you hope to gain from membership? Powerful friends in the industry that I can help and, hopefully... they can help me.

- What do you feel you can contribute to the community? Cost saving products of reliability and a good ear to listen to peoples needs and wants

- Do you operate from a commercial building or your residence? I operate from my home office

Thanks
Dan

Reactions: 1 person
Hi Dan... thanks for the info and for taking the time to answer the questions.

V

Victoria

Sorry it took so long to reply. I've been working long hours to make my product the very best and when I have a spare moment, I check this website.

I like the website very much and believe it could be mutually beneficial to members and myself.

I was terribly confused at first... in case you didn't notice. Ha!

Then I panicked because I figured I was set up to go through a gauntlet. Navy brats get that way sometimes.

Thanks again
Dan

I notice that the technology forum seems to be dedicated to website development and search engine ranking improvement.

I spent an entire year analyzing how search engines work, what they look for in a website... not to mention building a software application to analyze a websites efficiency in this area.

I'll give my best advice to anyone who contacts me... it won't cost you anything for consultation... I'll run your website through my program as well as your competitors and tell you who ranks best and why.

Dan

Dianne

I too am a navy brat; my father was a career man of 20 years... it may account for my defensive nature. When you move from town to town, it gets tough. Always the new kid in town.

In my 12 years of schooling, I've attended 13 schools that I can count for sure.

We spent 2 years in Cuba, 3 years in Italy and the list goes on and on. I don't want to bore you.

One positive thing I've taken from it is that I've learned to adapt. So when people reject me, I don't really take it to heart. I know that they don't really know me at all.

But anyway, to answer your questions...

- What is your website address? www.wadeinstruments.com

- How long have you been in business? 10 years

- Do you have any formal floral education? No

- How were you referred to FlowerChat? Did a search

- What do you hope to gain from membership? Powerful friends in the industry that I can help and, hopefully... they can help me.

- What do you feel you can contribute to the community? Cost saving products of reliability and a good ear to listen to peoples needs and wants

- Do you operate from a commercial building or your residence? I operate from my home office

Thanks
Dan

Hey Dan,

Same here...my Dad was a "lifer!" My father joined the Navy when he was 17, retired at 37. I was only 10 years old when he retired. We lived in England, Japan and Hawaii.

I loved being a "Navy Brat!" Moving often and going to new schools was fun for me! Perhaps that's why I have a zillion friends. I never experienced being "defensive"...I always thought of it as a great adventure in learning and exploring the world! My eyes were wide open to the world at a very early age. I had an awesome childhood! My father is buried in Arlington National Cemetery. He was truly my best friend! I miss him every day! We could talk for hours on end about stupid stuff...like why the sky is blue!

Welcome to FlowerChat! Glad you finally figured things out. Looking forward to you becoming a regular poster!

Dianne

My father was my hero also. He was a great provider and mentor. He was also the greatest golfer I've ever had the opportunity to join company with, and I've come against many good golfers.

A towering figure at 6'7" and 270 lbs., I was always shadowed in his presence. I miss him dearly as he was killed in a car crash some 10 years ago, Easter Sunday.

Ironically, that day conflicts with my emotions as it was also on Easter that my first daughter was born.

Dan

Hi Amy

My company, Wade Instruments and Service, has been in business for 10 years.

I develop software - mainly geared to florists - in particular, to those providing services for weddings, parties, and events.

I found this site doing a search for florist chat. I don't have any formal education, but I guarantee that I've paid (and subsequently learned) more than such should cost.

I reside in Youngstown, Oh (of all places) and wish to bring hope to many good friends and relatives. I think they're anticipating big things from me and I don't want to let them down.

I'm a perfectionist by nature... it's not necessarily a flaw but it can become one if it distracts from the main objective. I bring that up because, in my opinion, there is no software like the one I've developed for presenting a proposal to your client... EZ Contract Proposal. Right now, I'm configuring a new version to expand the contract language area as well as the number of pages possible within the proposal itself.

It's a lot of work... hundreds, if not thousands of lines of code, but I like writing code.

I have a meeting Monday with a florist who has specific needs for changes in the software (for which, I won't be paid) and I don't mind, because in some way, I shall see the reward.

I hope I've answered some of your questions and please reply if you have more.

Thanks
Dan

Reactions: 1 person
Erlene

Thanks for clearing that up.

Being a software developer (as I am) can sometimes be disadvantageous. Especially in this sense... you become accustomed to writing code that - in your mind - makes perfect sense. You consider what people anticipate and how to direct their intellectual flow process and provide solutions for them at perceptual ease.

The problem is, not everyone thinks alike... which isn't bad, it's actually good... for this reason - it forces the one who writes the code to think outside the box.

I develop software in an attempt to make someone else's daily chores (in this case, florists) less burdensome.

I'm rambling though I'm trying to make a point. Cutting to the chase, I was confused in the navigation of this site and expectations for member applicants. I'm getting a handle on it now and I hope it's not too late.

Anyway, thanks for your input and I wish you utmost success.

Dan

Rhonda

I can't post in any other forum, but I read "You could have heard a pin drop" and was very moved by those quotes.

Too many people take for granted the tremendous price paid for our freedom and I'm grateful to understand you're not one of them.

Great Job

Dan

Dan, you are a registered user now. You should be able to view and post in any forum you choose.

V

Hi Rhonda

I have an offer regarding my software for you and a few others in FC that differs from other offers because you stood up for me when others would not... I appreciate that very much though I must admit my initial introduction was at best, haggard.

Anyway... contact me - should you wish - at [email protected] and I'll present an offer at considerably less cost than what's advertised on my website.

Added 6.25.08 > Actually, to be fair - I extend my offer of discounts to all members of FC. Thanks everyone.

Regardless

Thanks and best of luck
Dan Wade

Victoria

Am I really in or did someone play me for the fool?
Dan

Dan, On my computer it shows you as a registered user. You should now be able to post anywhere on FC. If you cannot, there may be a problem and you would want to go into one of the stickies on the intro page and Private Message Infinite. I believe he has a click me in blue where you can do that in one of those messages. you'll want to tell him that you still cannot post and he will check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.