Status
Not open for further replies.

wdestar

Jun 13, 2008
Youngstown
www.wadeinstruments.com
State / Prov
Oh
I'm not big on forums, though I used to be. I got burned too many times I guess.

I offer some advice... be ye half-witted, be ye dumb, once ye succumb to failure, success knows not where you're from.

I don't know "what you sell", you certainly have lots of quips to which I don't want to try to transcribe.......
say it or don't.....but don't wait for some of us cause we do have more things to do, like maintaining our businesses.
I haven't "dotted you" either way......but I'm getting close.

Rhonda

What I meant by what I said is that too many people fail in business because they succumb to failure, that's all. We all have to get back up. What I sell is software for very prosperous florists, though I suspect I shouldn't do so here.

I meant nothing of it. Just a saying.

Hi Dan,

When you registered, were you directed to this application? I'm curious as to why so many new applicants are either missing the application, not answering the questions or being allowed to bypass the application procedure.

Here's the questions, Dan. Looking forward to reading your answers.

Answering these questions is mandatory for new applicants:
- What is your website address?

- How long have you been in business?

- Do you have any formal floral education?

- How were you referred to FlowerChat?

- What do you hope to gain from membership?

- What do you feel you can contribute to the community?

- Do you operate from a commercial building or your residence?

Amy

I'm not sure what questions I haven't answers. I thought I answered all in the application.

Dan

I am just confused because you started this thread in the new member forum. This forum is for posting new member introductions. Check the different forums at the bottom of the page. If you are a software guy, then you most likely want a tech. forum?!?! What you want to say will guide you to the right forum for starting your threads. You might want to search a little in the forum archives...there is some great information within. The best way to learn your way around here is to read and wander...then post a reply occaisionally.

Good luck!

It also seems to me that this forum appears a little hostile... I'm just a small businessman as I suspect most are here. If I'm not welcome, please make it definitive. Though I must say, I doubt I said anything offensive, though some have apparently construed as such.

Thanks
Dan

Reactions: 1 person
Amy

I'm not sure either. The whole site is confusing me because when I try to post somewhere else... "I'm not yet accepted"... sorry.
Dan

That is because you are still a probationary applicant. Once (if) you are approved, you will have full access to the site. Until then, just wait...don't keep posting new member intros. We get many new member intros every day and it's hard to keep track of who is really new and who isn't. Once enough members have voted for you, you will be a full member and can post whatever, wherever...within limits.

Maybe it would help if you stated what exactly you produce for software. I found your website, skimmed through some of the pages and found them slightly vague. What can you offer to the flowerchat members??

There is a bug in the software for the new applicants which is why your responses probably didn't display. Often the opposite happens, the new applicant comes on board and for some reason never sees the questions.

Hopefully you can learn and share lots :)
And as others requested, can you post your replies to the questions?

Here are the answers from another thread:

Answering these questions is mandatory for new applicants:
- What is your website address?

- How long have you been in business? 10 years

- Do you have any formal floral education? No

- How were you referred to FlowerChat? Search

- What do you hope to gain from membership? Clients

- What do you feel you can contribute to the community? Superior Software

- Do you operate from a commercial building or your residence? Residence

Hi Rhonda and Thanks for the helpful advice.

My software is for florist who do weddings, parties and events. It helps them to quickly create a professional looking contract proposal which they then present to their clients.

Dan

Reactions: 2 people
Hi Dan. We are not actually hostile but we are somewhat protective and proactive about our community.

On the new member intro page there are questions we would appreciate being answered.

I do believe someone posted them for you on page one.

Thanks for your interest and for taking the time to satisfy our requirements.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.