Hello, New Here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Welcome here.
Please read my posts and you will have one side of my coin.............
Good luck Brother.
Hollywood!!

I'll try again

If this person or anyone (and I mean ANYBODY, florist or non) really wanted to get into this forum all he/she has to is pretend to be an established flower shop owner, mgr, or designer. If they say the few magic words that allow for FC acceptance, VIOLA! (sp?), instant acceptance.

If the big bad WS's or og's want in, they can get in.

Hells bells they are already here. Check the membership list sometime. There are a few WS's ppl in here. Why keep this person out if there are already some here?

joe

My first attempt was mis-understood so I'm trying again.

Why is this chap any different to the lady from 1800 who was, as I saw it, welcomed with open arms. Why does he get such a hard time when she didn't.

I'm not bothered one way or tother... if he gets declined so be it but you let one WS person in, why not this guy?

I AM NOT questioning the validation system ... which I think is good and something I need to explain better to the Brits ... just plain curious.

C

I think it depends on whose reading the intros at the time they come in. Some are harder on the new people, some are more quick to question. I think it depends on the tone of the response from the applicant as well. A post that seems defensive kicks off a big response, and some posts just get more reads, and take on a life of their own, depending on who responds. And I think it comes down to your own personal bias, somewhat. i.e. love/hate relationships with wire services, basement betty's, etc. This is just my take on it, certainly not an "offical response". I'm just happy to be in. :)

My first attempt was mis-understood so I'm trying again.

Why is this chap any different to the lady from 1800 who was, as I saw it, welcomed with open arms. Why does he get such a hard time when she didn't.

I'm not bothered one way or tother... if he gets declined so be it but you let one WS person in, why not this guy?

I AM NOT questioning the validation system ... which I think is good and something I need to explain better to the Brits ... just plain curious.

C

Caroline,

Since you quoted my post, I would like to explain my comment and answer your question.

My post was neither an endorsement nor denial of this person's acceptance for membership at FlowerChat.

Late last Summer or early Fall, there was a thread that pertained to amatuer, home based flower shop owners/"Betty Basements" and non Brick and Mortar flower shop owners. A problem ocurred. FC forum started getting new members who may or may not be true professional florists.

At that same time, there were some members here who were asking some very elementary questions regarding the profession, design skills and applications, etc.

This is a private professional florists' forum and many members, as well as Ryan (correct me if I am misspeaking Ryan) and the other main moderators have attempted to solve the problem with these new member introductions.

My comments; that you quoted, Caroline; were meant to suggest that anyone who really really wants to become a member here at FC can do so by lying and misrepresenting themselves as a professional florist.

hope this helps.

Joe

This thread about who and who should not be a member of FlowerChat brings to mind a quote from a movie I watched recently for the umpteenth time. The movie is Cruel Intentions with Ryan Phillipe and Sarah Michelle Gellar in the starring roles.

THe Quote is said by Sarah's character to Ryan's character " Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer "

If FTD.com is the florist's enemy - would it not make sense to encourage them to post....if for no other reason than to read between the lines and maybe gain some knowledge that the ordinary florist might not glean? Keeping our enemy close.

Just a thought.

THe Quote is said by Sarah's character to Ryan's character " Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer "

That is a great old quote.

However, sometimes its best to keep a distance.

I doubt if FTD would gain anything from a bunch of florists complaining about them, nor would they ever offer us anything of value here at FC.

Thank you

Caroline,

Since you quoted my post, I would like to explain my comment and answer your question.

hope this helps.

Joe

For clarifying ... will now drop the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.