Hello, New Here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that each Flower Chat member has found value (at some point or another) in the postings of others. You might not ever agree with the opinions of others, but just might find yourself with a slightly better understanding of where the other side is coming from.
I say let "Aeg3d" in and let's keep the doors of communication open.

I believe that each Flower Chat member has found value (at some point or another) in the postings of others. You might not ever agree with the opinions of others, but just might find yourself with a slightly better understanding of where the other side is coming from.
I say let "Aeg3d" in and let's keep the doors of communication open.

Agree with the open mind stuff - I learn from everybody here, most especially those I disagree with. Sure points out where my weaknesses are sometimes.

what I see though, is that we open those doors, for some OG's, some WS folks, some of everybody, and all they do is read and soak up everything, without offering anything useful in return......

I do this new app credit for learning about the biz, and perhaps that's enough. Still undecided, though.

Reactions: 1 person
This sure is a tough call and the powers of be are truely at work here. I'm always for the opened mined and hearing both sides of issues. So give it a try and see what happens.As stated earlier the appilcant knows what they are getting into and they have to ride the storm because I don't think many opinions will be held back.

But I will say that "that little voice in me " is saying this one could back fire. It's up to you "Veterans" now.

*chuckling*

Im a guy for starters. I appriciate the support of those who realize I am kinda sticking my neck out here....i say kinda as while my bosses would not know which user name belonged to me per se, if they did find out, I'm sure I would be removed from thier system and be looking for another job (not because of being here in general, more like Im sure at more than one point, ill speak against them, about 2 or 3 months ago, all the employees signed a paper that more or less stated we wont make fun/belittle/take negative commments public/whatever you can think of, against FTD. I'm 22 but I can tell you something, this job (and one I had with Harry and David before that) taught me a lot about business, and how it should be conducted...by learning from the mistakes the company makes....I know last year's V-Day was chaos and the method FTD used (all the florists had the Merc Meltdown, and everything FTD tried to drop ship through DHL was stopped cause of weather where thier stupid central area was) didnt make it any better. Anyway, Thanks again for all the support in my learning how a real business operates and works with customers and not against them.

I'm not buying this.

Were you involved in a motorcycle accident about a year ago?

Was your leg severally injured?

was there any head trauma?

joe

some questions just BEG to be asked. ;)

Still no from here... with no offence intended, but the red flags are waving mightily.

V

No one here really believes that one employee can change the tide of how FTD.com interacts with its FTD members,
No one thought David could drop Goliath either :)

Caveat: I did vote no, but that said... if nothing changes...nothing changes.

ahhhh NO

I vote no. He wants to "learn" about the floral industry?
to better understand us? HMMMM . What does an "order taker" really need to "learn" about our industry that he doesn't already know. I assume he is not a stupid person, (although coming here is questionable) he knows the problems he is faced with in his job, expected to do the impossible when FTD is telling the consumer " SURE!"
And I am sure he has put two and two together and can see what his company (and any other OG) is doing to "real florists" .

I wonder what the real motive is here.

He is just trying to make a living..... OK, I get that.

SO ARE WE !!!!!

Again I vote No..... We don't need "weeds" in flowerchat.

Jennifer

Jennifer said what will likely be the majority of opinions regarding this person. I commend her for offering her opinion without rancour.

V (who is still a no)

By the way, don't forget to go to the scales of justice and vote.

Oops!

Well, on this one, I'd say let's give her a chance. (Maybe it's the result of the meds I've been on for the last week........)

If the Powers That Be will allow it, I'd like to change my vote. The meds surely must have been kicking in. I don't know what I was thinking, but it was not clear thinking, that's for sure.

I'm on both sides of the fence here.....as much as I detest how FTD.com operates, I would hope that the person does not reflect the company.

don't ever think that FTD doesn't read here......

Thanks anyway...

Ya know, keep in mind with about 700 or so CSR, the odds that all of them are evil and intend to report everything to thier bosses isnt that much. Unfortunately for me I guess, everyone is do @@@@ paranoid that someone like the CEO and such are going to snoop around in here (when your own system requires these intros and such) they dont want anyone to do with it. Whatever....THanks anyway guys...

Ya know, keep in mind with about 700 or so CSR, the odds that all of them are evil and intend to report everything to thier bosses isnt that much. Unfortunately for me I guess, everyone is do @@@@ paranoid that someone like the CEO and such are going to snoop around in here (when your own system requires these intros and such) they dont want anyone to do with it. Whatever....THanks anyway guys...
Actually, I personally could give a flying fart if the CEO of FTD/TF/800 was in here snooping around.
But I sure wouldn't invite him.

peace out.

This is why I voted no... I'm terrified of flying farts.

V

There is a coincidental "clash" of common sense here, and while REAL FLORISTS, know how to "paint" beautiful flowers into mosaics for the eyes and hearts, the only "fabric of truth" coming out of FTD.COM these days , is used in rest rooms.
700 CSR's posing as "sheep" for the company (or is it the other way around), or the intricate honesty, and forthright candor of ONE (as in aeg3d) does NOT alleviate my mistrust for this company, so I MUST vote NO entry.

The more I think about this,the more I agree. I would vote no also. It just doesn't seem right and who likes farts anyway !!

I'm not buying this.

Were you involved in a motorcycle accident about a year ago?

Was your leg severally injured?

was there any head trauma?

joe

some questions just BEG to be asked. ;)

No Joe that was me, and I don't work for FTD.

I voted yes with a green dot...there's all kinds of other competitors here. Why not here the opinions of a 1600 pound gorilla..they do affect us greatly.

Maybe someone can answer the questions we ask each other here over and over and over ad nauseum...

opinions vary...

welcome

No Joe that was me, and I don't work for FTD.

I voted yes with a green dot...there's all kinds of other competitors here. Why not here the opinions of a 1600 pound gorilla..they do affect us greatly.

Maybe someone can answer the questions we ask each other here over and over and over ad nauseum...

opinions vary...

welcome

My feable attempt at humor didn't hit the mark.

Now that you chimed in, I guess I will comment a bit further.

If this person or anyone (and I mean ANYBODY, florist or non) really wanted to get into this forum all he/she has to is pretend to be an established flower shop owner, mgr, or designer. If they say the few magic words that allow for FC acceptance, VIOLA! (sp?), instant acceptance.

If the big bad WS's or og's want in, they can get in.

Hells bells they are already here. Check the membership list sometime. There are a few WS's ppl in here. Why keep this person out if there are already some here?

this goes for wholesalers' employees/owners as well. Some of those members are wholesalers who sell to the general public.

don't know the answer to this membership acceptance thing, but I don't like keeping the industry out.

of course, opinions vary,

joe

Status
Not open for further replies.