aeg3d

Mar 4, 2008
Medford
State / Prov
Oregon
--------------------------------

Business: FTD.COM Call Center

Type of Business: FTD.COM Wire Service

About Me: I have worked for 3 years with FTD.COM. I got the job from working over V-Day, was hired back for Mothers Day (this was in 2005), then summer of 05 was rehired and kept clear until just after V-Day '06 when the company decided to keep me permenently. I work as a CSR in the center, during the off season, handling calls and emails, as well as Mercury Messages from all the florists. Look forward to learning more about the florists side of the business cause I know that a lot of the managers repeat what they are told to tell us (at the centers) which can be a line of BS at times. Hope to learn a lot here!
--------------------------------

Reactions: 5 people
Oh my... hopefully you'll be wearing a flak jacket. ;) I'm curious, geographically, where is the call centre located.

V

Lol, there were a few times I was thinking about that jacket as I was signing up...but as I said i wanted to learn more of the florists side so I actually can make my own decisions, so to speak....the one im in is on the west coast of the states, in Medford, Oregon.....about an hour from the border between Oregon and California.....Im a little under 600 miles south of Vancouver according to Mapquest, about 9-10 hour drive.....the other 2 centers are in Arkansas (City called Little Rock), and Conneticut (on the Eastern Coast of the states) in a city called Centerbrook.

Thank you for responding so quickly. How did you find out about Flowerchat and do you have thick skin?

V

Reactions: 1 person
Welcome.
Flowerchat is very much a give and take kind of place. While I can clearly see what you may be able to take away by being a member here, I'm uncertain as to what you have in the way of "giving".
What do you hope to be able to help us learn by your membership here?
:)
tracy

I'll try to behave but (nope found I couldn't so backspaced and typed this instead) :wallhead:

I think we need an icon with a zipper mouth...whatchyathink?

ROTFLMAO! Or duct tape Mark.

Seriously though, I too wonder what kind of enlightenment can be given from a staff person from FTD.com.

V

Welcome !! Boy are you in for the ride of your life!! Just keep an open mind and you'll be fine. It's great to hear both sides and we can all learn something form one another.

Backspace.......................

I'll try to behave but (nope found I couldn't so backspaced and typed this instead) :wallhead:

lollollollollollollollollol:mackey:mackey:mackey:mackey:mackey:mackey:mackey:mackey:mackey:mackey:mackey:mackey:mackey:mackey:mackey:mackey:mackey:mackey:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic:scooter::drunk::grovel:
:yourock:

Seriously though, I too wonder what kind of enlightenment can be given from a staff person from FTD.com.

V
Maybe it's not enlightenment **given** but *received*... I too doubt there would be much to be gained going in our direction, but the flow the other way could help "them" to learn what the company is truly like ;)

Maybe it's not enlightenment **given** but *received*... I too doubt there would be much to be gained going in our direction, but the flow the other way could help "them" to learn what the company is truly like ;)

Ah but you forget, they let 34 year members leave because of their drop ship plans, false pictures on their internet pages, bypassing the member shops that built the original FTD to where it was...not to mention "fill as requested do not forward do not substitute" oh and No Second Choice :argue:

Seems to me, the applicant must already have some idea of the depth of distrust that lies within.

I'm just not sure there would be much give and take and to be even more honest... the abuse heaped upon the applicant will likely be substantial, so the membership is rather pointless as a positive.

V

I'm going to vote "no" at this time... not because I have anything against the person applying (everyone needs to earn a living), but because I don't see the point of what will surely become very negative with little positive dialogue.

V

About "Giving" and "recieveing"

Recieveing - I want to learn what I can about the ACTUAL floral industry. I am well aware the terrible name FTD has made itself, and I also know it is only going to get worse. I really do not hope the name FTD being mentioned does actually remove me from this system.
Giving - I hope I could be somewhat of an asset to the community as much as any florist would be. The reason being is because over the 3 years time, I cant tell you how many times Ive been stuck between the florist yelling at me because FTD didnt send enough funds/didnt allow second choice/etc.... and the customer being mad because a delivery didnt make it because they ordered on the day of an important holiday, at the last second (this being fueled by FTD's marketing dept being stupid and stating "You can still get this delivered" when we as CSR KNOW we cant....)I am making an attempt to reach out and learn about the literal industry. The CSR is no longer a service rep, its now a spot to mimic (policies by corporate who give a @@@@) and a brick wall (listening to the mad ppl in all parties involved and being required to still say "sorry, nothing i can do")

The next question on some ppl's minds usually becomes "Why are you still there if you dont like it?" thats because I need a job like everyone else, and this area where i live (Southern Oregon) doesnt have a good job market....if you own a mom and pop shop and it works out, awesome, if your a doctor, we have fantastic hospitals paywise and care wise.....anything else, you r screwed. FTD and Harry and David (yes thier corporate is here too) are 2 of the bigger seasonal employers here.....anyway, hope this shows the members here I am just trying to learn and also exchange info.

Reactions: 3 people
I can see the negatives but I wonder how aeg3d's bosses would feel if they saw her latest post. Strikes me she's as peed off with them as a lot of you guys. Is there a half way house option or a chance to ask more questions and see what she/he comes back with.

I give you some credit for sticking your neck out. No one here really believes that one employee can change the tide of how FTD.com interacts with its FTD members, and they are going to be reluctant to welcome you in a sharing of ideas. Don't take it personally, but this is not an easy in for you, and maybe not at all.

Well, on this one, I'd say let's give her a chance. (Maybe it's the result of the meds I've been on for the last week........)

Status
Not open for further replies.