Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Nov 1, 2002
Elliot Lake
www.a1florists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
I need help from a US teleflora member. Seems I am having difficulties to find US prices for the teleflora items this Christmas.
Can someone post them here or e-mail them to me please.
I need the minumum for the Hurricane, Thomas Kinkade, train, the bowl, and the ornament.
Can someone in Canada give me the price of the ornament in Canada please. I didnt get it, but just in case I have a order for one.
THank you for your help
Luc

TF keepsake prices

Hi Luc,

The U.S. prices for the keepsakes are:
Hurricane $50
village $50
Nativity $65
train $40
holly vase $60
bowl $35
ornament $35

Jim

Jim, just curious....

I assume that after adding your delivery fee, which in your area could be 10-15.00 (?) depending on which mountain its on, that the higher end items, like the Nativity are slow sellers ??

Making them over 75.00 deliverd ??

Also, for orders coming from our neighbors to the North, dang, a customer would have to spend ??$$ to get that sucker delivered...

Just asking, trying to figure out, the Florist Mystery of Life, as my friend John puts it....

Hey Boss,

Your right, pretty expensive. I only have the hurricane and the village. But you know, the TF keepsakes continue to outsell the FTD keepsakes around here. I have been selling the fall TF keepsakes, even the cheesy "harvest bucket" I have yet to sell a single one of the FTD fall keepsakes.

Jim

Toronto Specials

In case anyone cares ...

Here are the Toronto prices for 3 of the TF specials:

Golden Angel Hurricane - $65
Christmas Bowl - $45
Kinkade Village - $70

Minimum $7.50 delivery extra, of course.

Can't quote on other specials - these are all the WS items we are carrying. Our own items usually out-sell them.

Christmas is online, at [url]www.martinflowers.com[/URL]

MY holiDAZE Specials

Always out sell 'em all too....

I wonder if it has anything to do with being able to offer greater value for the dollar...Well, of course it does....

MOST customers do not really care about the container, they want the value in the flowers...

For Christmas especially on the wire service container wars, we outsell the Teleflora products way over the FTD.
For Christmas, they want a nice container, a lasting reminder, the basic flowers included. Which is why Kinkade has sold out everytime. The hurricane will sell out if it ever gets here, because every hurricane special has always sold out. FTD has none.
Teleflora wins again there. BTW, the dock strike has certainly raised havoc with deliveries for Christmas containers and silks.
AND Teleflora also agreed to send us a minimum box of 12 (not the 24 paks). FTD wouldn't even think about splitting their minimums (even if shipped in 8's or 12's) Thanks Teleflora for that one.

Hurricane's arrived yesterday and the train today. That train is absolutely adorable. Just in time for our parade on Saturday and our "little open house" we'll have for parade goers.
Gotta work on the last window on Friday.

rhonda....all the best on your "little open house" and to you and all our american friends have a wonderful thanksgiving....and here's to great sales for the up and coming christmas season!!!!

Have to say, first time I have put the two side by side, but for Thanksgiving, Teleflora has kicked FTD's @@@ around the block many times over, and 90% of MY purchasers bought Teleflora.

I was told it would be different and was even kind of hoping so, but it be true that TF has greater appeal/advertising/promotion or SOMETHING that makes the public buy them. Too bad so much of the public will be buying them from TF.CON, (before you say it, yep, getting CLOSER to FDS.CON but not QUITE there yet)
:D

TF Keepsakes vs FTD Keepsakes

TF keepsakes have out sold FTD keepsakes for the last few years for us. Reason? Who can ever second guess the public. FTD certainly out advertises TF. Knowing that these two are the lesser of two evils, I still have to say TF's keepsakes are best sellers.

Wishing everyone a very $uccessful holiday season!

Wow, what a time frame between posts
Funny, I just sent my termination request into Teleflora today (for the second time in 4 months). Their containers may sell but when they charge me a reciprocity fee (like it was my fault we had a bunch of funerals last month and no one in my town wanted flowers sent out of town to meet the incoming numbers?) and a "testing for quality and delivery" fee, up my fees for each dove order, maintain a web site I have only received 4 orders on and enlist a shop in the town next to me (which I service daily) whose byline is "Unique and Different" (you should see them, they are unique!!!) who has only been in business a few months... Are now going to gather the orders on their web site and give us a commission? I said Bye Bye. I can get the containers from a friend, I don't need their emblem on my door.
AAbsolutely can find someone else to fill their orders in my town (seeing as they are in my local phone book)
Sorry so harsh, you really hit on a bad day....hope tomorrow is better.

Rhonda said:
Funny, I just sent my termination request into Teleflora today (for the second time in 4 months). Their containers may sell but when they charge me a reciprocity fee (like it was my fault we had a bunch of funerals last month and no one in my town wanted flowers sent out of town to meet the incoming numbers?) and a "testing for quality and delivery" fee, up my fees for each dove order, maintain a web site I have only received 4 orders on and enlist a shop in the town next to me (which I service daily) whose byline is "Unique and Different" (you should see them, they are unique!!!) who has only been in business a few months... Are now going to gather the orders on their web site and give us a commission? I said Bye Bye. I can get the containers from a friend, I don't need their emblem on my door.
AAbsolutely can find someone else to fill their orders in my town (seeing as they are in my local phone book)
For many of those reasons and more, we may soon be joining you in that action. A company can only abuse their clients for so long ...

Ryan

We've only ceased to be TF since July 31st this year. That is only after they got me to prolong it with free membership including Dove fees, etc. They rattled off a very long offer and of course it always sounds good, but I made my decision.

Funny they didn't know I still owe them over $1000.00 and am paying them $50.00 a month on it right now. If I would have said yes, they would have had to call me back about the outstanding bill before letting me back on anyway.

Not very organized! Big company I know, but still.

Rhonda said:

Sorry, I'm new to the board (but certainly not to the business). Didn't notice the post date. Just thought I would jump in and answer the question that was posed.

No love lost between my shop and TF. Your are preaching to the chior. Dropped FTD last year so I am headed in the right direction. Fortunately my TF rep waived the reciprocity charge for us, since we seldom send. LIke I said, the lesser of two evils as far as I'm concerned. Just curious; why would you need/want their containers ("I can get the containers from a friend, I don't need their emblem on my door") if you are no longer TF?

Just wanted to wish everyone a profitable holiday season.....

JoEllen...welcome to the board first....
Second...I do have regular consumers who ask for the containers and I oblige them by getting them from my florist friends. There are people who collect the Kinkade pieces and ornament containers.
Also many direct phone customers don't care if you are either WS, they just see a container or design and ask if we can oblige...we always try to.

I See Said The Blind Man

Oh; I see how it works.

Thank you for the welcome to the board.

poseys4sale said:
TF keepsakes have out sold FTD keepsakes for the last few years for us. Reason? Who can ever second guess the public. FTD certainly out advertises TF. Knowing that these two are the lesser of two evils, I still have to say TF's keepsakes are best sellers.

Wishing everyone a very $uccessful holiday season!

FTD may advertise more, but Teleflora advertises the Keepsakes more. Meaning, when I watch the commercials, FTD's gives about the last 5 seconds of the ad to the product and TF gives the whole 30 seconds, and it works, way way better.

PS , funny about the dates of posting, I just looked above after posting that and see 2 years ago, Nov 02 I was saying soon tf would be selling consumer direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.