Honey Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder - not all votes are brought into the thread. I vote frequently on new members, but don't always see the need to repeat questions that have been asked, or answered.

Honey answered the questions I had, and I voted accordingly. And I voted yes - Cherrie's name certainly helped that, but wasn't the deciding factor for me.

Some day I may decide to hang up my retail hat and become a studio florist - as long as I pay my legal business dues, and promote my business professionally, I don't see the big deal.

Reactions: CHR and Victoria
Cherrie has been very, very busy.
Not much time for FC right now.

Honey has pm'd me a few times and I feel badly for the confusion.

I met Honey a few weeks ago at our newly formed Certified Professional Program. She had mentioned that she has worked at a shop in Castle Rock and was going on her own. She seemed very nice and is eager and excited about our industry. Personally, I love those new to the biz. Love the excitment and passion. I also admire anyone who takes classes and spends their time and money on trying to improve their skills. The instructors had the attendents do a couple of arrangements and Honey did well. She seemed nice.

I love Flowerchat. It is a wealth of information for those new to the industry and us oldtimers. I think that maybe Honey has approached this forum on a bad foot. If she had presented herself as a newcomer to the industry and was interested in learning and building a floral business, plus having previously worked at a shop - would it have caused such controversy? I believe there are members on this forum that are no longer in the floral business. What's wrong with allowing one who wants to start? I don't get it.

I'm kind of surprised and flattered that my recommendation made a difference.

I am the charter president of Colorado Retail Florists Association, now FAR - Floral Association of the Rockies. When we were developing our bylaws, there were other florists there who were adamant about not allowing independent florists or supermarket florists. I fought against both bycotts. Anyone who is willing and wanting to work in this hard industry and wants to learn and grow is a colleague in my eyes. A possible future employee.

I don't really know what the rules are here to join. I see all different segments of our industry here.

As far those working out of their home. I started working out of deserted storefront making silk and dried arrangements to sell at a fleamarket. That was 30 years ago. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Yes we all start from some sort or another. I read all of the postings, and Honey had a way of causing the claws to come out. Just got off to a bad start to want to be a FC'er. As you see FC'er protect their own.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.