Honey Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also voted no. The first post was a week ago. The new applicant has had lots of time to respond and apparently does not wish to share general business information with the others on this board. If she does not wish to share with others, this is not a place for her.

I am not interested in sharing my knowledge with others who chose to be unprofessional and secretive. I don't care where she works from as long as it is a legitimate business which the appearance is that it is not.

I haven't voted yet, I was waiting for some info.
I have no problem with free lancers, event studios, etc but they have to play the business game by being open and clearly "a business".
It's not like we ask for the resale certificate number?? hmm, maybe....
:tunes:

I was out of town part of last week, and had three jobs to prepare for Saturday. I don't always check my e-mail daily and changed my bio, yesterday. I do have a sales tax license,
pay taxes etc. For large jobs I am able to pay a fee at a local wholesale house, to use their facilites. I got the idea from some of my friends who also are independant contractors.
Honey

Thank you for answering the questions Honey.

V

Do you happen to have a website?

V

Flower Chatter 03,
Yes I do have a sales tax license. I also did not respond as I was out of town for part of the week, and had three jobs to prepare for Saturday. I didn't even have time to open my computer for 2 days. Did I mention that I have two teenagers?
Happy Day Honey

I am not interested in sharing my knowledge with others who chose to be unprofessional and secretive.
Well that leaves me out... How 'bout you Bloomz?

Folks, please consider the time between posts a non-issue if it's a few days to a week. Some folks do not log on everyday, and some only once or twice a week.

Remember new applicants, are not as addicted as some of us are. They have not been around long enough yet to "drink the kool-aid".

Honey has been corresponding with me via PM. She has given me permission to paste the conversation here for all of us.

Thanks Honey.

V

Victoria,
I have updated my profile but am having problems moving it to the intro page. Did you want me to post that, or just that I do have a sales tax license?
I was very upset yesterday when I opened my e-mail and saw a comment
"Honey? Seriously? no residences." I had just spent alot of time preparing three jobs for saturday, and someone was telling me I wasn't a real floral designer. Until Cherrie, told me what a basement betty is, I had no idea of the angst in the industry. Because of what I do I happen to know alot of independant floral designers who are very talented, but just don't have the time, money or energy to own a shop.
Hope this clears things up, I didn't mean to offend you, but I still am recieving some very offensive comments. One of the problems with communication over the internet. People have the tendency to say things,they wouldn't say on the phone or to your face.
Happy Day Honey

Hi Honey:

If you don't mind I would like to post this message on the regular thread. It's best at this point to just lay it out there.

We are somewhat of a family here... and we try to look after eachother.

I haven't voted yet so let me know if it's okay with you.

Thanks!

V

Sorry Honey, But based on the initial sour attitude, and your tone, and the fact that it was said you don't have the time or money to be bothered with opening a walk in location. I vote No.

We here have taken the time, and spent the money to have walk in locations and websites. We are professional florist.

Anyone can work from home and perhaps make flowers, but I don't feel comfortable having a person who takes business from real brick and mortar walk in florist shops, on this forum.

In recent months there has been a great number of applicants, and voting I think has become so lax that once a person is voted in, you find out later they are not a storefront. I have been meaning to make this post for awhile now.

I thought there was also a rule about who was eligible to vote. You had to have been a member for x amount of time. I have noticed there are folks who gained membership, post infrequently, are not in the business, and have really nothing to offer forum members.

Of course there are many wonderful retired folks who have a lifetime of wisdom to share.

Good Honey that you are so busy, but I wonder how the real florist in your area would feel about it?

We are not nasty people here, but we do want to protect our business.
Perhaps this is not the forum for you if speaking openly bothers you..

I appreciate your concern, but I am not anywhere near retirement. In fact, I have read women in my age category are on fire, which I am. Floral Desgining has changed my life, and I am thrilled to be part of it. I was very torn this past summer at the AIFD show, to spend my time in the design area or to see all the presentations. I was advised by some of the seasoned members of CRFA to attend the presentations. I have not been able to move my updated profile, but I am taking the Certified Professionl Florist exam in Denver on March 27th. So I am very dedicated to floral desgin. For personal reasons I can not work full time at a shop. I have a great relationships with shop owners in my area. For instance if I get a call for a telflora type arrangement that is below my price level, I refer them to someone I know. In turn if I need several single stems, they are happy to sell them to me at a discount. Also, some of the special events florists, don't want to take on jobs from charity organizations because of budget restraints. I am, along with many other independant designers are able to fullfill that need in the market, leaving the big money jobs for florists such as yourself. Also at Christmas last year I worked with an independant designer decorating houses. One of the shops I work with said they don't have that service, because it requires alot of extra labor. My point is there are many areas of creative floral design and in the industry we need to focus on the needs of all clients.
We really have one basic goal. Keep selling flowers.
Happy Day
Honey

Honey,
It appears to me that you are an independent floral designer, who is attempting to gain entry in this profession. For that I applaud you.

However, I vote no on your admittance to this forum.

I would encourage you to hire on with one of the flower shops in your area, to gain the hands-on knowledge and experience that is needed to actually run a business on a full-time regular basis.

Most of us here are generally full-time florists, or event only designers with full-time floral studios.

Good luck in your testing and your efforts.

Cheryl

Sorry Honey, But based on the initial sour attitude, and your tone, and the fact that it was said you don't have the time or money to be bothered with opening a walk in location. I vote No.

We here have taken the time, and spent the money to have walk in locations and websites. We are professional florist.

Anyone can work from home and perhaps make flowers, but I don't feel comfortable having a person who takes business from real brick and mortar walk in florist shops, on this forum.

In recent months there has been a great number of applicants, and voting I think has become so lax that once a person is voted in, you find out later they are not a storefront. I have been meaning to make this post for awhile now.

I thought there was also a rule about who was eligible to vote. You had to have been a member for x amount of time. I have noticed there are folks who gained membership, post infrequently, are not in the business, and have really nothing to offer forum members.

Of course there are many wonderful retired folks who have a lifetime of wisdom to share.

Good Honey that you are so busy, but I wonder how the real florist in your area would feel about it?

We are not nasty people here, but we do want to protect our business.
Perhaps this is not the forum for you if speaking openly bothers you..

All those who posted said no. Yet, she's a registered user. Pass the kool-aid ~ Cheers!

I appreciate your concern, but I am not anywhere near retirement. In fact, I have read women in my age category are on fire, which I am. Floral Desgining has changed my life, and I am thrilled to be part of it. I was very torn this past summer at the AIFD show, to spend my time in the design area or to see all the presentations. I was advised by some of the seasoned members of CRFA to attend the presentations. I have not been able to move my updated profile, but I am taking the Certified Professionl Florist exam in Denver on March 27th. So I am very dedicated to floral desgin. For personal reasons I can not work full time at a shop. I have a great relationships with shop owners in my area. For instance if I get a call for a telflora type arrangement that is below my price level, I refer them to someone I know. In turn if I need several single stems, they are happy to sell them to me at a discount. Also, some of the special events florists, don't want to take on jobs from charity organizations because of budget restraints. I am, along with many other independant designers are able to fullfill that need in the market, leaving the big money jobs for florists such as yourself. Also at Christmas last year I worked with an independant designer decorating houses. One of the shops I work with said they don't have that service, because it requires alot of extra labor. My point is there are many areas of creative floral design and in the industry we need to focus on the needs of all clients.
We really have one basic goal. Keep selling flowers.
Happy Day
Honey

Honey,
Know one ever said you were retired?? There is a comment here that concerns me.

"If you get a TeleFlora type arrangement that is below your price, you send it over to a real florist shop" How very generous of you. So, you do the higher priced work (with no overhead), but your too good to fill underpriced WS type orders that real florist fill everyday. Are you in TF?

I'm curious I've searched your name and location, there are results for similar names that appear on some really suspicious sites. Since we are still in the question answering part of the process. You never answered the question, do you have a website, and if so, under what name? May we have an answer please. Thank you.

Reactions: Queen of Weddings
Renee (mcf),

Your right. I counted at least 6 NO's. Honey started out with a RED dot, how did it become green, after so many No votes?

Is someone is drinking the Kool-aid....This has been going on for two weeks and Honey has yet to answer all the questions asked. I guess she is just too busy taking business away from the Littleton Co. Real Florist, to bother with this forum. I don't see what she could possibly contribute to the day to day problems faced by real brick and mortar florist shops.

Let me make my vote clear....NO!

I don't show Honey as being a registered user. However, that being said, I did give her my vote because she did answer my questions. Couple that with the fact that she was recommended by a current member I'm comfortable with my vote.

V

V, that's why I said Welcome...I saw she was referred by Cherrie. I do recognize that name on FC here. I know the questions can be a bit overwhelming and standoffish in a way to someone new. I gave her the benefit of the doubt since she was personally referred here.

Odd thing - she never reached 1/2 the rep score the script requires.

I have no explanation, but it's been corrected.

Ryan

Reactions: elmo and Victoria
Status
Not open for further replies.