Not open for further replies.

Carrington

Staff member
Dec 18, 2006
London
www.fandwb.com
State / Prov
England
Someone has very kindly invited me to be their friend. It looks like I managed to say thankyou and yes but the alert is still in my box ... does that mean I'm not their friend yet or what???!! Is there an idiots guide to being a friend anywhere that I can read. Otherwise people might think I'm being unfriendly when actually I'm just being stupid.

C

How to:

Go into your profile (not the USER CP) and click the "Friends Tab", at the top right corner of this new box you'll see "Edit Your Friends List"...click on that, and near the bottom of this box there is a place to "Add a Member", enter the member name in this box and click "Save Changes" this will send a friend request to this member...

HTH

OK, I tried all that you said to do, BOSS, but the words/terms were not quite the same. For example, I did not see "Add a Member," but did see "Add Contact" and "Add Friend." Therefore, I typed in names and added them to both. I also clicked on "Save Changes."

Perhaps those poor folks whose name I typed will receive all sorts of messages from me. There is not telling what I've done. AND the Notifications thingy is still there!

How to:

Go into your profile (not the USER CP) and click the "Friends Tab", at the top right corner of this new box you'll see "Edit Your Friends List"...click on that, and near the bottom of this box there is a place to "Add a Member", enter the member name in this box and click "Save Changes" this will send a friend request to this member...

HTH
OK Boss - so I know how to use the buttons but why am I adding friends? I thought by joining FC we were already friends - giving and taking info freely and lord knows, by reading the threads many of you seem to know each other already. Is adding friends some sort of an inner circle?

Did you check all the boxes, when you got your friends request? There is even a place to check where their picture is . I got a friend request too, first time I just hit accept, nothing happened. Then I noticed a little box that said check all, so I did, and then hit accept and it worked.

That probably wasn't clear at all. I am so bad at explaining things!

We'll have new training videos out next week, after we get the style coding solidified. No point making videos that don't look like the finished product :)

Ryan

Someone has very kindly invited me to be their friend. It looks like I managed to say thankyou and yes but the alert is still in my box ... does that mean I'm not their friend yet or what???!! Is there an idiots guide to being a friend anywhere that I can read. Otherwise people might think I'm being unfriendly when actually I'm just being stupid.

C

It isn't just you, I am guilty as well!!!! Are you supposed to then ask them to be your friends as well? I think there are days where the blonde goes clear through to my brain!!!

Carrington, thanks for being brave enough to step up and ask for those of us who are in the dark!

OK now what?

It isn't just you, I am guilty as well!!!! Are you supposed to then ask them to be your friends as well? I think there are days where the blonde goes clear through to my brain!!!

Carrington, thanks for being brave enough to step up and ask for those of us who are in the dark!

Oh no ... I just got to be asked to be another friend (this is soooooo cool - so much better than school when I was never asked to go on the team!!!) BUT now, next to it, it says 'break friendship.

Yikes! What's that all about! Only just made friends ... even my worst dates have lasted longer than this!

Heeeeeeelp

I figured this out yesterday - you have to check the little box with the friend's name and stuff THEN hit accept.

Another way to go about this, is when you look at someones profile, over on the right you'll notice a link titled "Befriend *so an so*" you can initiate friends this way too...

Or click on their username in a post and select Add [you] to Contacts.

Ryan

This is like MySpace for florists!

This is like MySpace for florists!

But without the abundance of predators, constant spam/phishing, unreadable flashing backgrounds, eye-gouging animated GIFS, or EMO teenagers! (at least I hope)

cheers!

Reactions: 1 person
Wow, that is epic. I hadn't stumbled upon that yet.

Is that a standard 3.7 feature or a hack you added?

/me notices you can set custom background images - omg I can't wait until I have free time- this is going to get wild ;)

cheers

edit: oops, we need the IRC /me hack in here.

But without the abundance of predators, constant spam/phishing, unreadable flashing backgrounds, eye-gouging animated GIFS, or EMO teenagers! (at least I hope)

cheers!
I'm pretty confident their aren't any EMO kids in these parts...or maybe there are? :dunno:

FEZEOmJqKF6RD4eZYW67EHucnJOa-E1800A0.jpg

That line about emo lawns used to be my facebook status - I love it :)

I'm pretty confident their aren't any EMO kids in these parts...or maybe there are? :dunno:

FEZEOmJqKF6RD4eZYW67EHucnJOa-E1800A0.jpg

+green

zomg, HAHAHAHAHAHA. ^5 for that.

(remember, it's down the road, not across the street)

I might wallpaper my profile with LOLcats ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.