How fast do you type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Carol! :thumbsup
and yes bbj that is exactly right :bangles:

Keep in mind that I I am a professional musician, so, my fingers are probably more limber that most.

Actually, I typed at 120 words per minute when I was in college and I was surprised to see that I had slowed down.

Carol Bice

Tried it twice.

74 first time with one error.

74 second time with no errors.

Not bad for a guy I guess, whose last typing test was on an IBM Selectric with the rotating ball!!!

lol

Reactions: 1 person
My type of test. I was a former telegraph operator for Western Union prior to opening my flower shop when I was 22. Western Union used to clock us for speed and accuracy. My last test there, I typed 130 WPM.

Guess I need practice! 110 WPM with one error.

I'll try it again tomorrow...when I'm awake! That was fun!

Woo hoo! 88 with no errors! I'm happy with that.

Whoa.. I've never heard of anyone who could type 227 wpm! never. wow.

1st time 51 w/17 errors :wide:
2nd time 65 w/1 error.
I love to type - helps clear the mind.

54 words with 9 ERRORS

I found out in High school that I would never make it in the secretarial world when I couldn't pass a typing timing to save my life!!! The only way I did was to measure and type really slow until I got to the passing point.

So I went into the horticulture field and computers with spell check and backspace were invented and here I am. Whew!

Woo hoo! 88 with no errors! I'm happy with that.

Whoa.. I've never heard of anyone who could type 227 wpm! never. wow.
Learned typing on a Remington manual typewriter in h.s. at top speed, was a typist for my hs newsletter and annual and editor of college paper and worked at the registrar's office paper pushing and typing reports for submission to Dept. of Educ. One had to push a lever to go to the next line; the modern wordprocessing is so easy and the keyboard is easy to navigate compared to the old fashioned typewriter I started with. Of course you younger ones do not even have an idea of what a manual typewriter looks and work.:)

Learned typing on a Remington manual typewriter in h.s. at top speed, was a typist for my hs newsletter and annual and editor of college paper and worked at the registrar's office paper pushing and typing reports for submission to Dept. of Educ. One had to push a lever to go to the next line; the modern wordprocessing is so easy and the keyboard is easy to navigate compared to the old fashioned typewriter I started with. Of course you younger ones do not even have an idea of what a manual typewriter looks and work.:)

I'm betting it was the "character count" that was 227, not the words per minute. Check the test again.

Status
Not open for further replies.