How fast do you type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned to type on an old fashioned manual typewriter too! No Selectric, no word processing.

AND learned shorthand. Couldn't really do it now.. well, I sort of remember it, but I've forgotten a lot. And I never used it on the job. I think I'm relieved about that! LOL

93 wpm with four errors, two times in a row. I could do 110 in h.s., umm...25 years ago. I was a whiz in shorthand...anybody know shorthand? I think it's a lost art.

I assumed that I was probably the only one on the board old enough to remember shorthand. My children don't have a clue what it is about.

I still take a lot of shorthand when taking notes at seminars, etc. You are right....it is a lost art.

Carol Bice

I'm betting it was the "character count" that was 227, not the words per minute. Check the test again.
My bad, yep its 227 characters. I shouldn't have done it so late and with sticky keys. That puts me at about 38 - 40 wpm, gotta do it al over again!
icon11.gif

I assumed that I was probably the only one on the board old enough to remember shorthand. My children don't have a clue what it is about....
Carol Bice

Just tell them that shorthand was the original "texting"!

Reactions: 1 person
my MIL knows shorthand, I kinda wish I did too but I have too many things going on to try to learn it at this juncture.

Status
Not open for further replies.